Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beautiful Ladies wearing Han Fu

Beautiful Ladies wearing Han Fu

What lovely kimono...

How about Han bikini instead?
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

this is one weird thread

All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Great thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

My fetish has been realized

The first lady is really wearing a kimono. The others wear Chinese costumes.
    The Mountaintop no height eschews;
    The Sea eschews no deep.
    And the Duke of Zhou spat out his meal
    An Empire's trust to keep.

Cao Cao, Martial Emperor of Wei

Quote Originally Posted by Laviathan
    The first lady is really wearing a kimono. The others wear Chinese costumes.
    its not a kimono

its a Han era aristocrat Han Fu

the actress wearing it is Yang Tong Shu and its for the TV drama Han Wu Da Di (based on the life of Emperor Han Wu Di)

where the hell do you think kimonos come from? did you even read the first link (history of Chinese costumes)

kimono in Kanji is 吳服, Wu refers to the three kingdoms era Wu kingdom which the Yamato kingdom in Japan was in close contact with
    Last edited by YangLiCheng; 07-09-2005 at 08:46 AM.

To YangLiCheng

the actress wearing it is Yang Tong Shu and its for the TV drama Han Wu Da Di (based on the life of Emperor Han Wu Di)
    Saw Da Han Tianzi with Huang Xiaoming, haven't saw this one though.

the hell do you think kimonos come from? did you even read the first link (history of Chinese costumes)
    Read it, lousy Pinyin. It's ZhOU Dynasty, not ZhAO Dynasty.

kimono in Kanji is 吳服, Wu refers to the three kingdoms era Wu kingdom which the Yamato kingdom in Japan was in close contact with
    No sh!t? Being a Sinologist myself and having studied Chinese history at Peking University, I guess I don't need you to lecture me on the Chinese origins of the kimono.

During the Three Kingdoms Period, the Queen of the Yamato Kingdom sent envoys to the Kingdom of Wei. Emperor Cao Pi received the emissaries and gave them gifts in return, including precious swords. This was the first recorded contact between China and Japan in history. To say that the Yamato Kingdom was in close contact with the Kingdom of Wu is a gross simplification and a wild claim. There's no historical evidence whatsoever.

its not a kimono

its a Han era aristocrat Han Fu
    Sigh, the crew of Han Wu Da Di just took a Japanese heian style kimono, changed it a bit, and called it a Han era dress. You're not really thinking they used an ancient Han dynasty garment, are you?

Never mind...
    Last edited by Laviathan; 07-09-2005 at 01:27 PM.
    The Mountaintop no height eschews;
    The Sea eschews no deep.
    And the Duke of Zhou spat out his meal
    An Empire's trust to keep.

Cao Cao, Martial Emperor of Wei

Laviathan: I'm no expert but I asked my girlfriend (Japanese) whether she was wearing Chinese or Japanese clothing and she said old Chinese and looked at me like I was nuts.

Do you have a chip on your shoulder about the Japanese and the fact that many of their cultural artefacts come from China, YangLiCheng?

Nice pics btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Miles
    my humble generalizations.

The Chinese made great contributions to Japanese culture. Nowdays, the Japanese are way more advanced in technology, fashion and creative achievements. Although its changing, if I see an Asian guy with a mickey mouse T-shirt, I can bet his knock off rolex that he's from the mainland. Chinese people learn about the Tang and Song dynasties and look down their noses at the Japanese. But its Japan that had the last laugh in Nanking. And then laughed their way to the first world, while China gunned down her cultural heritage in the name of communism.

Once the power shift happens and China takes over, they will probably put the Japanese on Native reserves and view Japanese culture with quaint interest. In the mean time, there's a chip on the collective Chinese shoulder.

my humble and uneducated opinion on Chinese inferiority complex.

turning a kimono thread into a political debate reminds me of the fat annoying kids in kindergarden arguing over candy. just saying
    Last edited by Kristoffer; 07-12-2005 at 02:23 AM.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Kristoffer, long time no see!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristoffer
    turning a kimono thread into a political debate reminds me of the fat annoying kids in kindergarden arguing over candy. just saying
    But that's just it mate: as YangLiCheng has pointed out very pointedly - they aren't kimono! So you're about to get in trouble there!

In fact, this is the third thread he's started with a very firm statement that he is talking about Chinese culture, NOT Japanese, which is fair enough, but I ain't gonna walk on eggshells!

That's why I want to know the reasons for his attitude. Not debating anything, just asking him, friendly like!

Hey Mat, what's up? I'm just trying to survive the heat over here.

Actually I was gonna write Han Fu but it didn't have the same stingy feeling to it.
    I understand what your getting at having read YangLiChengs other threads.. I liked his chinese archery thread though, I used to hunt trees as a kid.

Yeah, I like his threads... I just wondered where he's coming from.

Where's "over here?"!

It's pretty da.mn horrible over here too!

Leviathan

you are pretentious and stupid. Do you think you are a real expert? Are you so smart that when someone tries to tell you something you are offended. You are pretentious and stupid.
    Bless you

Stockholm, Sweden. Beleive me when I say I'm not used to the heat