Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A gun to your head...

I was a cop working in DC (5D-if you know it true ghetto) and living in Suitland, MD (if you know it even truer ghetto). We learned some gun disarms at the academy and they were without a doubt the gayest things ever.

Then I took some Krav Maga training...these are some good disarms. Very fast, very effective. There is a gun Krav video out I believe Krav Maga Homepage

I am also of the belief that the situation sets up whether or not to attempt a disarm. You have to kind of play it by ear. You know what they (who the hell is they?) Train for the worst but hope for the best.

But of the disarms I have seen I like the Krav Maga ones. I have seen some "Traditional Chinese" disarms also, and they had some good merit. But you need to train them obviously...keyword SPEED
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I only practice and teach 4 disarms-right and left from the front, right and left from the rear. Any other angle is simply a variation of these. I see no need to teach several, when all you need is correct response. I do however teach variations after the basic entry,, so you can do either a wrist lock or use the triggerguard as a fingerlock, or whatever. But the main technique is always the same. KISS.
    Here's something that has given me some problems: the "ghetto style" holding of the gun, where it is sideways above you as you point it at the victim. We've all seen it. It makes disarms almost impossible, except for bum rushhing the guy. I am wondering if it is not a product of Hollywood, but a technique that developed behind the walls, in the prisons, by inmates, just as jailhouse rock did, specifically so as not to be disarmed.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCloudCLF
    I was a cop working in DC (5D-if you know it true ghetto)

when did you work 5D? i lived on levi street.

I don't know what I would do, but something to increase your chances is pretend to look at something behind them with a surprising look on your face, they will wonder what is, and when they turn their eyes for that half a second, that's when you try to disarm.

Jason Martell you are right if you can make the one with the gun look away from you that the time to attack but you will have to be fast . i learnt a few gun disarming tech but i dont think i would like to have to try them out. here in the uk knifes are more the problems than guns at the min but more gun are coming over here.
    but like what already been said there is diff kinds of gun attackers or knife attacks

1 the mugger who want your money so use a weapon to scare you into giving him your money

2 the one that is out to kill some one and he has only one thing in his mind is to kill somebody

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Martell
    I don't know what I would do, but something to increase your chances is pretend to look at something behind them with a surprising look on your face, they will wonder what is, and when they turn their eyes for that half a second, that's when you try to disarm.
    Definately on the right track but this particular application would fail miserably I think. Something better would be spitting in their face as you get off the line of fire, twist your head and body and control the gun and limb so you cannot be hit even if the gun goes off.

Looking behind them and making a surprised face is apt to make them think you're scared of them, maybe prompting them to do something really unnexpected and unwanted. Spitting in their face as you get off the line will make them flinch every time though.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    "wet birds don't fly"
    This was taught to me by a Dept. of Treasury Agent,(secret service). It causes a momentary hesitation in the perp's mind, as he tries to make the connection. Kinda like when your dog ****s his head to one side, and goes, "huh?" That split second is all you need to make your move. try it.

nobody is faster than a bullet. anyone wielding a weapon close enough for any disarming techniques simply doesn't know how to shoot straight. most people can accurately shoot someone from at least five metres, try covering that distance in the time it takes to pull a trigger. I think not.

#93 Today, 01:41 PM
    Cobra Commander
    Registered User Join Date: Nov 2005

For those in CALIFORNIA. Do any of you remember that America's Most Wanted clip???

It was about the Wah Ching street gang member chasing some guy from Asian Boyz in a Los Angeles billiard and shooting him to death.

The Asian Boyz member is first seen near the door of the billiard trying to wrestle the gun outta the Wah Ching members hand. It didn't work. The WC member chases the Asian Boyz member and shoots him to death. 2 shots to the head as he lay on the ground trying to cover under a pool table.

It is not as easy at it always seems huh?

Seen this clip anyone?

I have long held the belief, that if someone has a gun to your head... You put up your **** hands. No matter how fast you are, a bullet will always be faster. Guns are too dangerous to screw around with, far too much room for error. The best way to will a fight is, as always, not to start one.