Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: how would you fight these guys

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows
    I'd simply buy a grenade and toss it in their midst on my way to yoga. While this might temporarily disrupt the harmony of my Plough, I am sure that my chakras will open right back up in no time.

Next!
    LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikkyou
    I would let them them all gang bang me and as we all sleep together in bed take my revenge and chop them into pieces I would need psychological help from the trauma but sometimes you got to take a few hits to win a fight right?
    ROFLMAO!! you owe me a keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM.
    Go with the FN in 7.62
    thanks. I do like the idea of using the old warsaw pact ammunition.
    Last edited by northernArts; 07-30-2005 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt
    i don't know about that, but if they're anything like the Mauri (indigenous New Zealanders - big; waaay big), they'll sell you more if you run out - because that's evidently what they did with the Brits at one point, just sos they could go on fightin'! ( as told to me by one kiwi i know...)
    Nah it's all show with the Hakka thing and all that just freaked the british gentlemen out.

quite frankly most of my students work as bouncers or personal security or they are body builders and law enforcement this is because my school is in a first class gym god has smiled upon me. So i know first hand the percentage of men that actually know hand to hand combat in its true form. it is less than ten percent of the general population. However these guys dont qualify as general population and are probably packing as am I. therefore my military background and weapons practice will give me the edge in combat> However these does not mean that i will be able to avoid a round from their first volley in which case i will be the victim. I guess what i am saying is you MUST fight regardless of the outcome. you cannot allow yourself to be victimized in life. Fighting includes a fighting withdrawal such as those used to break contact with the enemy in order to sieze the initiative at different locationor time.

Where's your school Darkfist, and what do you teach?
    Bodhi Richards

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Darkfist
    quite frankly most of my students work as bouncers or personal security or they are body builders and law enforcement this is because my school is in a first class gym god has smiled upon me. So i know first hand the percentage of men that actually know hand to hand combat in its true form. it is less than ten percent of the general population. However these guys dont qualify as general population and are probably packing as am I. therefore my military background and weapons practice will give me the edge in combat> However these does not mean that i will be able to avoid a round from their first volley in which case i will be the victim. I guess what i am saying is you MUST fight regardless of the outcome. you cannot allow yourself to be victimized in life. Fighting includes a fighting withdrawal such as those used to break contact with the enemy in order to sieze the initiative at different locationor time.
    I prefer a pacifist approach like buddhism and tai chi.

Catch him cold, ask him a question and as he starts to answer, hit him as hard as you can. Two things will happen, firstly you'll catch him totally un-aware increasing the chance of knocking him down giving you time to plan your next move. Or the relaxed jaw he has whilst answering increases the chance of you actually breaking his jaw, if you punctuate this with a nice loud sound (sort of battle cry) it may stop the others pounding you straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveFenton
    Catch him cold, ask him a question and as he starts to answer, hit him as hard as you can. Two things will happen, firstly you'll catch him totally un-aware increasing the chance of knocking him down giving you time to plan your next move. Or the relaxed jaw he has whilst answering increases the chance of you actually breaking his jaw, if you punctuate this with a nice loud sound (sort of battle cry) it may stop the others pounding you straight away.
    LOL a/f all your ma training still don't have confidence to face bad looking characters..... it is this profiling that will catch you unawares by someone who looks decent.

Rather than talking about what you would do, ask why are you in this situation. These guys are not going to be looking for trouble, they are trouble. Why have you gone looking for them? What kind of deluded ego trip are you on? You guys should spend more time training and less time typing. The title of the forum is reality fighting...

jmo, Ian

Yeah you wanna look for these guys because your training makes you want to scrap and roll with everyone. You just bad mouth em mothers and you've got yourself a training session.

Quote Originally Posted by aaaaaaa
    The bigger they are the more there is to hit! thats what i always tell myself if i am faced with a meathead.

I reckon that a few leg kicks would put them on the floor in no time, and the bigger they are the harder they will fall.
    I have stepped into the ring once with one guy with pipes like that. He hit hard. In a boxing match he whupped me. On the street I don't know which of us would have won; I fight very dirty I don't know if he was dumb enough to play fair if he scrapped like it was a boxing match I would have had a shot. If he knew how to fight outside a ring... he was stronger than me, equal in speed and superior - in boxing specific skills. Do the math.

Guys like this the best way to handle them is be polite, respectful and unafraid. Generally if you act like that they will either leave you alone or be friendly. Act like a b!tch and they will treat you like one. Act like a punk and the whole crew will want to put you in your place.

Against those guys I think I would want to be at least as armed as them... The guy in the front is visibly packing heat.

I would not want to try facing two of them unless I had some very good backup with me no matter how skilled I get.

Believe it or not but leg kicks sometimes fail to put people on the floor.
    Last edited by SimonM; 09-03-2005 at 07:55 AM.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

If he reached for the gun, I would have crushed his windpipe before he can shoot.

Let's hear it for the rubber boy. Capable of crushing a man windpipe from 20 feet!

You do realize that firearms are ranged weapons don't you? Or is your breach with reality so great that you think you can dodge bullets like in the Matrix.

I swear! Do you and mega-b!tch trade notes or something? How best to annoy martial artists? Is there some troll-specific forum you can go to in order to pick up tips on being a *******?
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Simon M, no no no of course you can't dodge bullets. But bullets are only as accurate as the shooter. We're talking about closing in from a few feet away. You'll ust hide from a pistol at 20 feet - its not that accurate. geezzzzz

Okay, I didn't read the full three pages of posts here as I was somewhat lazy at the time. Anyway, most Martial Artists would agree when I say that being in shape definitely promotes good health, but strength and fitness alone don't really play that much of a role in fighting at all.

People that are taller than you are HATE elbowing distance. If you can get close enough to them to elbow them then you can really nail their stomach. A technique we use in my dojo is stomp on the opponent's foot and stand on it while attacking them; it renders them unable to move.

If you were fighting all of them at the same time I would suggest using something that could take each individual one down hard and fast. Also when fighting several people at once the worst possible situation is if you were surrounded. Move out of the way if more than one person is fighting you and try to attack them when conditions are favorable (like when they are all in front of you and not surrounding you completely.)

I was thinking that if one tried to punch you that you could grab their arm and throw them down. I'm not very skilled in grappling as I am a heavy striker. But my plan would be to be defensive and never attack if I was surrounded unless conditions were favorable for me and not them.

Another suggestion is try taking down an individual person at a time. If you hit one and then move to the next it gets very confusing and would take forever.

That's just my opinion though.

Edit: Just to clarify, I only read the first post and the ones following on the front page. I posted this edit to clarify that this was not a response to any of the other messages because I didn't read the last two pages completely and only saw the first post with the photo.
    Last edited by Yamesk; 09-13-2005 at 11:15 PM. Reason: clarification on the matters

My first instinct would be to run, if that wasnt possible I guess id do my first instict I always do. How much weight do you think those knees are holding up??, i think a fair few nicely placed round kicks on knee hight and keep doing it while evading whatever slow ass punches those huge arms can do. and just keep pounding that one knee until it buckles. Then id ethier kick him in the head on the ground or run. Probably run though.

I wonder how much that much muscle would slow you down, seriously im reasonbly large cos I do build a bit, but not that that extent. I would imagine that is OVER bulk and would slow you down dramaticly espessially in footwork.

Anyway key point destroy there knees, and if you can poke out an eye. Stuff fighting fairly with a guy who is huge, if he grapples you, you are basicly dead. so you have to stay out of his grappling range and just try destroy a knee.
    -Slade-