Thread: Need info on Brazil

Question Need info on Brazil

does anyone know if there is any Hung gar in Rio?

more importantly does anyone know where in Rio to buy good quality football/soccer shirts for flamengo & Vasco etc?

http://encyclopedia.laborlawtalk.com..._Vasco_da_Gama This is one of the shirts I'm after, is this the latest 2005 vasco shirt that they sell?
    Also how much are they in US dollars?

thanx
    Rob
    Last edited by GOLDEN ARMOR; 07-13-2005 at 10:10 PM. Reason: adding
    "The Dragon and the Tiger met in Heaven, to revive our Shaolin ways"

Hi
    there is Choy Lay Fut in Brazil ..... www.leekoonhungkungfu.com

sure foot ball shirts can be found at the flee markets
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Brasil

Hey Golden Armor,

There are Hung Gar schools in Rio. Such as the Associação Garra de Tigre. The Shifu is Guilherme Lacerda which studied with Master Lee Hon Ki (Lam Jo lineage). I don't have the contact info though, I'll see if I can find it. There are others too I just can't remember the names, been so many years!

About the shirts, good choice on Vasco, that's my team , make sure to get the one with 8 stars over the shield. You should be able to get it at most camelos (street vendors) just make sure to take a Brazilian along (ideally a Carioca) to make sure you don't wander into the wrong areas. For official shirts (made by Umbro) you should be able to get them at most sporting goods stores (lojas de artigos esportivos) there's a few on Uruguaina (downtown), where in Rio are you going to be?

Good luck!

USKSF North Region: www.usksfnorth.org