Thread: New To Forum

New To Forum

Hi all,

Just signed up, figured Id say hi.

I spent my childhood in Colorado with TKD, and did some TSD and So Rim Praying Mantis in High School. Spent time in the military, and went to college afterwards where I studied Northern Shaolin, and White Dragon (pai lum).

After graduating, I moved to Alabama for an Engineering job and have since spent some time at Straight Blast Gym working on MT/BJJ/JKD and with ngo cho (5 ancestor fist) and xing yi.

Im very much into Traditional Chinese medicine and hopefully I will be able to contribute subject matter in that area. One of my outlets to this is that Ive been making dit da jow for several years and have started selling it to the public due to a local demand for my recipes. Check my website out if you want: http://www.knology.net/~therin/PlumDragon.html
    Its very basic, I know, but Im not a big company or anything, just a one man operation =)

I look forward to getting to know some of you and picking up some info on the topic of Kung Fu!

Thanks for reading
    Josh

Hey there Josh, welcome to the forum. Im sure if you sift hard enough you will gleam a bit of useful information from several of the posters here.

Seriously though welcome and enjoy the hospitality
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Hi Josh and welcome. How can your Jow help with tendonitis in my shoulder?
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Thanks for the welcome! =)

Chief, as tendonitis is an inflammation of the tendon tissues, it can be remedied to some degree with the proper herbs. There are several herbs, including things like aconite, pseudoginseng, frankincense and myrrh, menthol, etc that will help with the inflammation as well as the pain, and can be safely applied to the shoulder. I have one such recipe that would help with relieving the pain and inflammation, as well as help strengthen the bone, but you might find that acupuncture will be better at actually "curing" the problem. While the reasons tendonitis often elude us, acupuncture has done well with aiding in recovery.
    If youre interested, shoot me an email (therin@knology.net) and we can talk a bit more.

Until then, thanks again for the welcome. Seems like there is alot of activity here. Glad to be a part of the group!

ooh ooh tendonitis in my wrist!!!

I use Zhen Gu Shui but it seems that the wrist doesnt really take effect from rubs and such as much as other body parts...

Im not herbal guy so any thing could help.

Its been effecting me for about 3 months now, so much that doing push ups really sucks.

got anything that can help?
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan
    ooh ooh tendonitis in my wrist!!!

I use Zhen Gu Shui but it seems that the wrist doesnt really take effect from rubs and such as much as other body parts...
    Im not herbal guy so any thing could help.
    Its been effecting me for about 3 months now, so much that doing push ups really sucks.
    got anything that can help?
    Certainly!
    A similar thing I mentioned for Chief would work for you. It works well for wrist issues. But your wrist will probably be less sensitive than the shoulder so we could add a couple extra ingredients. I dont have any internal remedies for your problem, but acupuncture would also likely yield some good results. Feel free to shoot me an email or AIM if youd like to try some out or discuss alternatives. If you decide to go through the website, make sure to note who you are on the forum so I can be sure to send you the right thing.

Why the hell would you leave CO for the south...

oh, and welcome to the forum, I'm sure like many, we look forward to your contributions..

oh, what the hell am I saying, just don't feed the f@cking trolls.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Quote Originally Posted by norther practitioner
    Why the hell would you leave CO for the south...

oh, and welcome to the forum, I'm sure like many, we look forward to your contributions..

oh, what the hell am I saying, just don't feed the f@cking trolls.
    lol.
    GLAD to see a fellow Coloradoan!
    I went to CSU in FT Collins, got a degree in Engineering. The plan was to move to AZ, as I have been in CO my whole life and was getting tired of the cold winters. My best job offer, by far, came from the south...So I said to hell with it, Ill try something new! Im glad I took the chance as things have worked out well, but...I pretty much hate the south lol. The plan is to move to the panhandle someday.

Where in CO are you? Who do you study with?

I lived in the Denver Metro for most of my time here, now I live in Boulder (dammm hippies).

I study with Christophe...
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread