Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter

WE just have to read J.R.R. TOlkien books to realize what a good fantasy book is.
    HArry Potter is just a poor imitation, just to see that elves in Harry Potter are like monster.

Harry Potter

You've gotta love this guy!
    He's just making friends left and right. Not to mention making sense

He is my favorite..umm...comedian
    Move over, George Carlin!

Quote Originally Posted by The New Pope Dude
    Many thanks for your kind letter of February 20th and the informative book which you sent me in the same mail. It is good, that you enlighten people about Harry Potter, because those are subtle seductions, which act unnoticed and by this deeply distort Christianity in the soul, before it can grow properly.
    http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2005/jul/05071301.html

How confused are the confused now, is the question to ask...
    ”The freethinking of one age is the common sense of the next.” Matthew Arnold

Exercise Masters
    Potkua!
    Fen Lan Tang Lang Men

That's understandable, actually. I know of many christians who even oppose pokemon, because they are creatures with powers.... like demons.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Talking

Which leads us to the next episode. "Harry Potter and the lost debilitory cream."

LOL!!! SEE, I'm not the only one who thinks he looks like Darth Sideous!!!
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

You mean this?

http://www.saunalahti.fi/tsalon/bbc_a_new_pope.jpg

More here...
    http://www.potku.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1010

This new Pope is my favorite guy. I mean, he is doing a much better job destroying the reputation of the Catholic church than anyone from the outside could ever have done.

Except that I don't really think that is a good idea. Religion has its place (and scientists actually are thinking now religion might be genetic) and it keeps a lot of people hanging on. But to take a step back like this...The Catholic chuch has probably gone back several decades with this new Pope. How can one person have this much power to begin with? A lot like Putin in Russia, I might add...

There are several countries in which people aren't very educated, so they view life through their priests and ministers. Now, if these people were just beginning to learn acceptance and true Christianity (love for your fellow man), what are they going to think now with this new Pope messing it all up? That's what worries me. And I do feel sorry for those poor SOBs who don't know what to think now...
    ”The freethinking of one age is the common sense of the next.” Matthew Arnold

Exercise Masters
    Potkua!
    Fen Lan Tang Lang Men

He's just upset that somebody else's fiction is selling so much better than their fiction.

And it's easier to sell fairy tales that last to young new recruits.

Should just keep yap shut as:
    1) freedom of speech
    2)it is a friggin' story!

Religion, please meet Dodo!
    Last edited by kungfu cowboy; 07-16-2005 at 01:02 AM.

I oppose Harry Potter, not for its stupid fantasy schmultz, but for the fact that its marketed so heavily and every kid and every adult too has to have it so they can be cool and in the know. Screw Harry Potter. 25 bucks or so a book, what a gyp. All those bratty little f**kers making their parents buy them that unenlightening garbage. That money could be used for their college education, or to feed a poor family for a month in a 3rd world nation, or to educate illiterates in some useful knowledge. Harry Potter has become a huge corporation that's making some serious dough for their bloody, filthy, greedy pockets. death to Harry Potter and mass marketed krapp. If Chokotu Kyan were alive he'd totally destory Harry Potter, and the pope, that is a fact folks!
    Last edited by bonetone; 07-16-2005 at 04:04 AM.

someone just needs to throw the new pope a good salad tossing and he would be a new man.
    where's my beer?

Quite frankly, I'm surprised that American children would actually be interested in a BOOK. Does it have alot of pictures or does it come with a video game DVD or something?

As far as the new Pope is concerned.....I would rather leave him out of a forum about Chinese Martial Arts. Like the saying goes, "opinions are like a--holes, everybody's got one." In this case I can formulate my own and prefer not to hear those of others. It's like the abortion issue. The discussion is too personal, and will never have any kind of closure.....in other words, waste of time.

"No Religion or Politics".......just like the old bar rule says. I think it applies equally well in alot of other places. Especially here. This is a light hearted forum about MA. Go to CNN.com or something to discuss the new Pope.

Cheers!

you haven't been here long have you?

i don't even mean no disrespect .... but if you are saying religion or politics shouldn't be discussed on kfo you have definatley missed a couple thousand posts on just that. i've missed them too for the most part, but thats because i just skip the threads. occasionally ill get in early on one of these and say something off the wall, but i have no desire to argue such things online. that said i have come to accept that doesn't have a **** thing to do with anyone else. they obviously like it, or they like the abuse, and it certainly isn't going to stop any time soon. only thing you can do is accept it and stay out of the threads you want no part of.
    where's my beer?

Speaking of Harry Potter...

...I just had to put this some where here and I didn't think it deserved it's own thread.

Magiquest

Crucio!!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Over marketed? I don't agree. I think this is what people today need. anything that lights that spark and kindles the fire of imagination in both young and old alike, is a blessing in my book. People forget how to play, how to run, jump, and dream.
    oh wait, that's why there is TCMA.

shaddap, I am so fukin kidding.(about the tcma part)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    ...I just had to put this some where here and I didn't think it deserved it's own thread.

Magiquest

Crucio!!
    This would have been partially successful

Ten years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by NJM View Post
    This would have been partially successful

Ten years ago.
    The wand element alone will sell itself off of harry potters back.