Quote Originally Posted by mossman
So maybe I'll go back to my old sifu. I donno. How would that work?
The guy sounds like an insecure, immature, loser. -If I were you, I would stay as far away from him as possible. (It doesn't speak well of your Sigung either, for not straightening this guy up.)

LOL As for now...I'm learning Iwama Ryu Aikido. Why did I pick this style? Because I know the people there and they are good people.
I agree that Aikido tends to attract very decent and good-hearted individuals (because of it's philosophy). I have a number of friends that are Aikidokas. -What I don't understand, is that you were considering staying with your old WC school because it was producing "the best kung fu fighters", which indicates that you have an interest in developing real fighting skill. -Yet Aikido is not an art generally known for producing fighters, so I'm puzzled as to why it was your next choice.

I was scared for not confronting him about all this. Must be the kungfu power he posesses. How he had complete control of my body when in chi sao.
Chi-sau is a limited game. -If that's all this guy can do, you can go train at an MMA gym for 18 months, then walk back in his school and ask him to put on some light gloves and spar (odds are you'll hand him his a$$, -sifu title, or not.) Guys like that can be intimidating when you have a limited amount of realistic training under your belt, but put him in a room full of actual fighters, and watch how fast he puts on a humble attitude.

If you want to learn real fighting skills, there are WC lineages out there actually fighting and making their curriculum fighting oriented (as opposed to chi sau oriented, drill oriented, or fantasy oriented). If there is not one of these lineages with a school in your area, why not start training in MMA and find a partner to practice WC on the side with for one or two nights per week if you really like the art? If you have a decent understanding of fundamentals, you can continue working from seminar and video instruction without having to shell out over $100 per month to some jerk on a power trip.

-Lawrence