Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: this is a horrible way to block a punch

this is a horrible way to block a punch

http://home.earthlink.net/~chiuchiling/ckDemo1Small.jpg

against anything but wild haymakers like fast jabs or crosses youd get eaten alive.

or look at this pic in the weird way he turns his back to the opponent and crosses his legs so that even a pucnh could make him fall:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~chiuchiling/ckDemo2Small.jpg

Rot....

I don't know dude. That looks like a pretty solid Dzuo Pan Shi (Sitting Crossed Type) stance to me.

It looks like a perfectly aceptable way to block that particular punch, but why would someone punch that way?

I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

That's also a horrible way to punch (other hand down by your side).
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

hung gar is a crappy style. The only style of kung fu I like and has somewhat effective strategy (at least in theory) are wing chun, bagua, eagle claw, shui chiao, and choy lee fut (and only small percentage of the curriculum of these styles works). I dont know enough ebout lama pai or e chuan to say anything though, so those might fit in as well. But generally you are much betetr learning mma, or at least learn mt for striking and shui chiao/sanda for kung fu.

Ok, so go learn mma; don't give cma another thought: and quit yer yappin'! :

Stop feeding the troll. ROT has never trained in any martial art and never will. He's just being an azz to get responses...
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

I was hoping to take advantage of the fecal-oral route.

once i decide to ignore someone i'm pretty good at doing so. i dont need the ignore feature i just skip the persons posts by reflex.

i decided to do that with that weird ***** that got banned a while back and i never bothered with a single one of her posts afterwards. actually this is the first time i've as much as alluded to her since then.

i thought i was going to do this with rot, but he's the only one starting threads and as slow as the forum has been i figured i might as well start reading his posts again. he needs some work but in time he might prove to be an ok troll. then again i may have missed some good trolls in the last month or so. he actually puts me in mind of a certain someone, but im not going to play guess the troll.
    Last edited by GunnedDownAtrocity; 07-17-2005 at 10:58 PM.
    where's my beer?

well merryprankster never trained cma, and he agrees with me, and none of you show disrespect toward him unlike me. Don't disrespect. He stated in another thread that cma and bagua in aprticular footwork is not proven hence why none in mma use it and crossing your feet isnt effective in real fights. Hence what these pictures or at least one of show. Sifu Ross agrees with me as well and thats why he teaches san shou not lama pai and said he suggested another teacher with a smiilar background to hsi to train hsi fighters like boxers/kickboxers rather than llama by keeping their hands up and throwing boxing type punches, and thats why they were doing as good as his student's were at san shou. He even stated on his teachers topic that the fights he witnessed in the park or whatever between cmartists were wild swings and such and werent very technical. Kun Lek is another guy who agrees with me on almost everything despite his heavy kung fu background, he even dismissed tma as awhole like most mmaers without training in tma do. I can go on and on.
    Last edited by ReignOfTerror; 07-17-2005 at 11:40 PM.

Usually when you find something to be useless, you do not waste anymore of your precious time on it.

I think he's getting better at trolling. Could prove amusing in the long run.
    The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity

No. He's just annoying and ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by ReignOfTerror
    http://home.earthlink.net/~chiuchiling/ckDemo1Small.jpg

against anything but wild haymakers like fast jabs or crosses youd get eaten alive.

or look at this pic in the weird way he turns his back to the opponent and crosses his legs so that even a pucnh could make him fall:
    looks like a good clean block with a solid stance. good tcma skill.

lmao

the back dropped curtain, film quality, the precision in uniform.

If you cannot tell these were not action photo's. I hope you realize this was set up for demonstrational purposes only. To empasize the flavor of the style.

Its really funny how you talk about recieving respect when you blatantly disrespect people you dont even know, dont actually have a full understanding of their particular martial system, and most likely do not even compare to thier level of proficiency in regards to martial arts.

This my friend is why you do not recieve much respect...you give very little.

troll or no troll your still a human, and there are just certain codes of conduct no matter where you are or what you are doing that should be followed if you expect respect.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!