Thread: Mantis Videos

Mantis Videos

Has anyone seen these videos by Sifu Raul Ortiz ?
    SAU BO , BUNG BO 1 , BUNG BO 2 , LUNG JAU SAU , CHING FU KUEN , MAI JUN LO HAN , HEI GUNG , DAI YAT LO , DAI YEE LO , DAI SAM LO , BOT BO CHOI DA AND YING CHUN .
    Are they worth getting ?
    Which style of Mantis Fist are they from ?
    I thought Sifu Ortiz was from the Lee Kam Wing lineage but I have not come across these form names before ?
    more sweat in training , less blood in combat

Smile

I am not a 100% on this but I think he's HK Sevenstars and possibly of CCM's line.

The forms:

SAU BO : not sure what this is.

BUNG BO 1 , BUNG BO 2: This would be Bengbu but not sure why there are 2. May be he has different versions.

LUNG JAU SAU: I think this translate into Dragon Claw hands? Don't seen to be Mantis origin IMHO.

CHING FU KUEN: Not sure what this is

MAI JUN LO HAN: This is a different style stuff IMHO. It's Mizhong Luohan (lost track arhat boxing)

HEI GUNG: This is Qigong (may be 18 Luohan?)

DAI YAT LO , DAI YEE LO , DAI SAM LO: The 3 essential form in the HK Sevenstar I think.

BOT BO CHOI DA: A 2 men form or drill may be?

YING CHUN: I think this is the spear.

Just some guesses. I have seen some clips of his on his site. I can find it anymore since I changed laptop. They look pretty interesting.

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

Hello Mantis108,
    Many thanks for the input . It is very difficult to find any Mantis stuff over hear and I found these tapes listed in a supply company . I have never heard of these forms and have checked a listing from the LKW system and cannot find them listed . Prehaps it may be a good idea to give them a miss if they are not traditional .

I can't remember where I heard this, though I think it was on the Ortiz academy website forum a while back, but someone asked Sifu Ortiz about some of the forms on that video series.
    And if I remember correctly some of the forms he said were made up just for that video series and were not taught at his academy. The videos I beleve were just a taster for people to get an Idea about what 7*Mantis looked like without giving away the real forms incase people copied them and started teaching.
    A wise man knows, that to know is to know that to know is not to know

Hi Chaz,
    Thanks for that , much appreciated .