Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jet Li to quit Kung Fu Movie biz!

Unhappy Jet Li to quit Kung Fu Movie biz!

But I'm glad to see him going back to his roots.

Just hope they pay proper homage to MiZongQuan
    http://individual.utoronto.ca/gfx/logo1.jpg

"A witty saying proves nothing."
    - Voltaire (1694-1778)

Thank God.

After that piece of toss Danny the Dog I was hoping for just that!

Jet Li ending his ma acting career

http://www.kungfucinema.com/2005/072002.htm

with his last film on Huo yen-ja, the founder of chin woo athletic association, jet li is reportedly discontinuing his ma acting career.

He was an actor?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

funny title at the top

Talking Tale of two Lee/Li

Well, it's too bad that Jet Li was into MA for the money. He could have done a lot of great for the CMA community. But it's not meant to be. So he really isn't "The One" (pun intended) after all.

Both Bruce and Jet knew that movie business is just a phase. There is nothing wrong with that. Bruce would have built more Kung Fu capital (ie JKD improvement) if he had the chance. He's is still the immortal with what he have done. Jet, well, he is not into it period. It's a shame that he waste his talent. But then he got a hot wife and a stable family out of it. Hey, that ain't too bad.

Mantis108

PS I love "Fist of Legend" and I think Jet Li should be remembered for that at least!
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

Mantis,

I'm not sure I understand what your saying. How did he waste his talent? ("Cradle 2 Grave" not withstanding). If he was in MA for the money he could have stayed in China and churned out Wong Fei Hong or Shaolin movies to the end of time.

Thumbs up

Jackie Chan likes to bring laughters to the audience.

There are a lot of fighting and stunts in his movies.

And yet, he considers himself a comedian. Even though, there are serious movies as in the most recent Police story.

Police stories made him famous in south east Asia and then the world.

Jet Li was a Wushu champ at 13.

His first movie about Shaolin temple was about fighting. He has a big smile.

If he decided to quit, it is his personal choice.

Hollywood will look for the next Kung Fu action star. Such as Donnie Yet and all.

Can't say I'm sorry. The quality of Jet's latest movies (fighting scene vise) has been average at best. I still enjoy seeing Jackie though even if he can't go at it like he used to.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Hmm. Just saw Danny The Dog. Fvuck. This movie is really good! I guess I have to regret what I said earlier. If he could star in good movies like this one again it would be great.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Good for him - I'm glad he can move on. Everyone has to make a living but now he can spend time with his family and do things that are worthwhile. Hero was one of the best MA films of all time - along with House of the Flying Daggers and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. Those three movies(Jet Li was in the first but not the other two) could appeal to non-MA audiences - they were beautifully done epics. But most MA movies are awful IMO. Poor plot, bad writing, bad dialogue etc. Jet Li couldn't do anything for Cradle to the Grave or Romeo Must Die - both were poor. Kiss of the Dragon was decent but that plot didn't have enough to bring in non-MA people.

I would love it if Jet Li could have crossed over more into mainstream US action films like Lethal Weapon 4 - he brought a lot to that movie. He could have really lit up the screen in an action movie where kung fu wasn't the main focus. But Hollywood didn't write those parts for him.
    Last edited by northernArts; 08-07-2005 at 04:08 PM.

Hollywood hearsay...

Jackie Chan has been saying he is going to auit making action films for over a decade now. He has a good ten years on Jet and he still hasn't quit. We'll see what Jet *really* does...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I dont see why every one wants to break into the Hollywood movie market, I think there films are crap. Dont get me started on american martial arts films, utter bullsh*t. Hell im moving to Hong Kong to become an actor, im running away from hollywood

anyway I owe alot to both jet a jackie
    jet got me into modern wushu, and jackie got me into martial arts in general
    hopefully, eventually the two could star in a movie together

We'll see what Jet *really* does...

He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Jet's going for Tekken
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart