Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Question for Alquedia

Quote Originally Posted by ZIM
    I'm fully expecting the war as a whole to take up approx. 30 years, basing that on wars of similar scale, motivation.
    Brass at the goathead say 9-10 years with current troops, equipment,funding etc.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Still more stonewalling and cute-a55 grandstanding, Merry?

IT'S ABOUT THE FRIGGIN' OIL, clown....

Profits are one thing - corporations the size of Greece are something else.

It's called PLUTOCRACY...and it's going to be the single biggest cause of WW3...the second biggest being Islamic Jihad Madness. One is motivated by profound Greed and Arrogance...and the other by dreams of Bloodlust and Conquest. Nice formula for the War of WMD's - as WW3 will be called.

Or perhaps a more suitable name will be the Religious/Oil War.

Check with the historians later.

But as for right now: I think your failure to answer virtually every point I made is pretty obvious....quoting % of who supplies what!

Like that means anything.

U.S. policy as it is being run now - will never allow anything to happen to ME oil producing countries that do business with us. Regardless of what % of Oil they give us at any given moment. Period....fool!

And this policy will continue to contribute to the daily recruits that organizations and individual cells allied with al Qaeda - and Bin Laden's al Qaeda itself - will manage to get.

AH....YES...just had to get that one in before I leave.

"There's nothing like the smell of napalm in the morning!"

Apocalypse Now?

Apocalyse Later?

Either way....

Now the sandbox is all yours, MP.
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 08-04-2005 at 12:25 PM.

Period....fool!
    You an Mr. T run along and have a happy fun play time.

Still more stonewalling and cute-a55 grandstanding, Merry?
    Hey, I outlined my reasons, supporting it with evidence. I don't think our ME policy is about the oil, because we could make up what we get there from other places. It stands to reason that our interest in the region/with respect to oil, is not vital - important, perhaps, but not vital. That implies that there are other reasons for us to be there, both in the past and now - many of which I already outlined.

You have yet to do anything other than say "It is that way because I said so." In case you haven't noticed yet, that's not enough.

But I think your failure to answer virtually every point I made
    When you have a point, I'll be certain to respond. So far you've responded with "It's about the oil, period." I'm sorry, but that's not evidence. It's your opinion. And you are entitled to all of them that you want. But you haven't provided any evidence to back it up. You just keep repeating that it's all about the oil. Come up with a cogent argument about WHY the oil companies would want a war, or why the U.S. would choose to go in for the oil, and you've got a case. Until then, you're just blathering (some more).

I might point out that it would be in the oil company interests NOT to have a war in the ME. Rather, it would be more logical for them to have pushed for Iraq sanctons to be lifted so they could do business. Wars are bad for business, when the product/means of production are in the war zone. This is why business oriented gangs prefer not to have wars.

Contrary to popular opinion, the increase in oil price is not war related - there are a host of other contributing factors, peak oil phenomenon, Yukos, Venezuela, etc. Getting at the oil is best done via working through nice stable regimes, rather than war torn hell-holes.

In case you try to cite that wars lead to economic boom - that's only if you aren't getting bombed out. In WWI and WWII, we were not getting attacked. The need for supply helped the economy. Contrast this with the war zones, which saw their economies drop.

You can read about the oil prices here - it's a good summary. Careful though, it has some big words!

http://csmonitor.com/2004/0802/p01s03-woeu.html

It's called PLUTOCRACY
    Again, by this logic, Microsoft and Bill Gates run the world. I'm sure somewhere they're working on an AI model of you. I'd expect a 286 chip will be all the processing power it needs. You only need to program it to say "Fool!" "Period," "Because I said so," and "where's the tea?"

Doesn't sound like a hot seller, and perhaps a step or 12 backwards from Deep Blue.

Like that means anything.
    You mean like BP's profits? Unless you can tie those profits to something substantive, they only demonstrate that BP is a very successful energy company.

And this policy will continue to contribute to the daily recruits that organizations and individual cells allied with al Qaeda - and Bin Laden's al Qaeda itself - will manage to get.
    I agree that our policies and failure to market the "U.S. Brand" well, will likely swell the recruiting ranks of the AQAM. I just disagree as to the motive for them.

AH....YES...just had to get that one in before I leave.
    Oh, it stings. Oh, ow, the agony. Please, no more. I don't think I can take it.

(Ther's nothing like the smell of napalm in the morning!)
    The stuff that dribbles out your arsehole isn't napalm, friend, no matter what the older boys tell you, and that smell isn't flaming petroleum product. You might want to go have the nuns clean you up again. They might even give you a cookie!
    Last edited by Merryprankster; 08-04-2005 at 12:59 PM.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun
    IT'S ABOUT THE FRIGGIN' OIL, clown...
    Have you thought about offering some argument supporting this claim, or do you feel that repetition and capslock interspersed with incoherent babbling is sufficiently compelling?

The underlying theme in all the liberal posts is that the US is the biggest threat to world peace. And that the terrorists have a good reason for blowing up innocent civilians because they are freedom fighters against the imperical US and our cowboy President dubya. They are jealous of the US and all her successes in such a short time. The bottom line is capitalism works. There is nothing wrong with turning a profit. The sooner the terrorist skum realise this the better. Or we will hunt them down like the dogs that they are. In whatever freedom fighter loving country they are hiding in. And if it ****es off the rest of the world. Fukkem!

PLUTOCRACY.

"Again, by this logic, Microsoft and Bill Gates run the world. I'm sure somewhere they're working on an AI model of you. I'd expect a 286 chip will be all the processing power it needs. You only need to program it to say "Fool!" "Period," "Because I said so," and "where's the tea?" (MP)

***AND AGAIN THE STONEWALLING.

It's not computers that wins wars (not yet, anyway).

It's the ENERGY that comes from......OIL. (God, you're dense. And soooo self righteous to boot). But I've come to see that your smug attitude is not the issue here...it's the importance of the message that matters.

So from here on, I'll continue posting on this thread - but I'll be talking OVER you - not to you.

It's the Energy (Oil) companies/lobbyists/military buyers, planners/bought-and-paid-for politicians who are running the show regarding foreign policy...and if Gates came up with a micro-chip that could win wars his name would be on the list also.

That's the nature of modern, post cold war Plutocracy (under the guise of capitalist democracy).

The greatest American presidents of the 20th century (and clearly into the 21ft) were Theodore Roosevelt and his cousin, Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Their genius was the fact that they represented the actual point where Democratic and Republican politics MEET.

And both were ready to wield the big stick when corporations and individuals were amassing too much power, wealth, and influence. Both were environmentalists...both were hawks when confronted with external threats to American democracy...both understood the needs and legitimate rights of the average working man - while at the same time promoting ECONOMIC democracy, not just political democracy....which has always been a part of democratic capitalist tradition...big profits can still be made and enjoyed without strangling small and medium size business people and those who are simply part of labor.

Today...on the other hand, thanks primarily to Ronald Reagan, Bush 1, and certainly now Bush 2....we have a whole new brand of free enterprise...THE BIG AND THE POWERFUL ARE FREE TO UNDERTAKE WHATEVER ENTERPRISE THEY WANT (see the latest "Eminent Domain" ruling for the latest travesty of economic justice)...and the rest of the world can go to hell if they don't like it. And it's been packaged brilliantly to confuse, bewilder, and sometimes even corrupt the middle classes - since it's the candidate who gets even a SLIGHT majority of the middle class vote - he/she wins the election. (How brilliant? It's tinged with religious and "family" values, patriotism, fear/hostility towards minorities who are more than just "tokens", and of course, the promise of lower taxes, a gas guzzling SUV or two in the garage, and the chance to become Joe Millionaire).

BUT THEN CAME 9/11...

and the game is now out of control. Now we have Islamic religious madmen who understand the dynamics of the new American Plutocracy all too well - and have sold many tens-of-thousands of people (and in time it will be millions)...on the idea that the American businessmen and their armies of occupation and proxy governments (ie.- the Saudi Royal family, for example)....are on a new CRUSADE to destroy Islam and oppress and corrupt the morals of Allah's people, yadda, yadda...

and it's Okay to commit suicide while murdering as many Americans (and other Westerners - and even those Moslems who work with the "infidels")...as you can.

In fact, it's more than Okay. It's the Will of Allah!!! (And he will reward you with eternal paradise and a sexual feast with multiple virgins!).

And we will keep the women in their place. (Under Islamic law a man can have up to 4 wives...and the women have to cover their heads and walk behind at all times).

Yes..IT IS A CULTURAL PROBLEM THAT will contribute greatly to the up-and-coming next World War...and that part of it is the back-to-the-past centuries values and customs that the Jihadists will advocate and try to force down people's throats - and we can argue for pages and pages on this thread (as has been done) about the historical problem that Islam has always had, and that the madness of jihad was always built right into the very fabric and foundation of Muhammad's life and teachings...and the Imam's that have come through the centuries, and the armies of conquest...and the Christian Crusades to retake Jerusalem...

but for our part, RIGHT NOW...it's about the giant corporations/lobbyists/military planners and buyers, and bought-and-paid-for politicians (mostly, but not exclusively, Republican)...lead by George W. Ambush who are speeding up the process of TURMOIL by the persuit of OIL and American Empire.

I don't advocate a retreat into an isolationist past - American Power is here to stay, at least for the forseeable future, and I believe this is the greatest country in the world...and I believe in the spread of democracy....and in crossing new bridges into the future...

but I also know deep in my gut that we need another Theodore or Franklin Roosevelt type to get us there safely and honorably.

What we have now is CORRUPTION...masquerading as noble truth and good ol' fashion American apple pie justice.

Vote for John McCain in 2008.
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 08-04-2005 at 05:52 PM.

Yup, clearly this is the start of arrmageddon.

I see this whole thing building and building until something absolutely cataclysmic happenes.

My undersatnding of things has improved...it now more on the levels of my understanding of Women.

Actually, from where I'm sitting, figuring out Alquedia is alot like trying to figure out a Woman in a relationship. No matter what, your still wrong, and they are right. No matter what you do, or say, you can't fix the situation, unless she wants to go shopping....
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    Yup, clearly this is the start of arrmageddon.

I see this whole thing building and building until something absolutely cataclysmic happenes.
    Well, sure!
    We'll strip-mine a coupla oil wells, light 'em up, et voila! Lake of Fire.

You can bring the marshmallows, RD. We'll go campin' and sing songs an' stuff. World peace, don't ya know.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Sounds like fun. So long as there are gullible women there!
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

sweet jesus there's some rants in here!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    Sounds like fun. So long as there are gullible women there!
    Welllll...some of 'em look purty good, when you get them burqas off. And I hear they never even had any booze, either. All we gotta do is dispose of the you-know-who's and pack up some disposable shavers.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Have you thought about offering some argument supporting this claim, or do you feel that repetition and capslock interspersed with incoherent babbling is sufficiently compelling?
    LOL! It reminds me of the Dilbert strip where Dogbert starts realizing he can get what he wants, just by being loud.

I'm loud dog! Give me a job! You must obey me because I'm loud.

Oh, and the answer is that yes, he does think that repetition, capslock and incoherent babbling is sufficiently compelling.

So from here on, I'll continue posting on this thread - but I'll be talking OVER you - not to you.
    The only way you could possibly talk over me is if you were standing on a ladder, and I was sitting in a ditch.

This all reminds me of your reaction to when I reviewed the Ceccine tape, on your request, and told you there was nothing in there that made his approach special and unique.

You were a touch cross about that. The real fact is that you can't handle anybody disagreeing with you, and "you're right because you said so **** it!"
    Last edited by Merryprankster; 08-04-2005 at 08:38 PM.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

Iraq/al Qaeda/U.S. Politics

Now that we're in Iraq, and now that we've found no WMD's, and now that the war on terror has come to mean that we've created more terrorists (and insurgents coming over the Syrian border) in Iraq, and therefore have given the jihadists opportunities they didn't have in that country during the Saddam Hussein regime, and now that we're commited to trying to help the Iraqi's build some semblance of a democracy...

WE CAN'T CUT AND RUN.

That would spell disaster politically, psychologically, and would only encourage the Islamic Fundamentalist jihadists to try even greater acts of terror and insurgency...So we need a President with the balls to tell the American people the truth about what it will take to win this thing:

100,000 more troops.

To guard the borders.

So that no more insurgents can come in. So that we can then sweep out the cities and various areas of those who hate us - and who hate any idea of democracy instead of theocracy...and do it one block, one road, one city, one province at a time.

While helping to build up the Iraqi police and military forces without them being sabotaged in the meantime. While trying our best to persuade the Sunni's to join the new government.

This will help cut down al Qaeda's "facts on the ground"...they can't claim victory or have their threats taken seriously about our presence in Iraq - IF IN FACT WE ARE SUCCESSFUL IN IRAQ - and then pull out when we decide...not because they "made" us.

Not that this will end things with them, as in...expect more terrorist cells to come out of the European/American/wherever woodworks and blow themselves up if we increased our troop strength...but nonetheless, a democratic victory (of sorts) In Iraq would go a long way.

Although there's much more to be done than settling the Iraq question...in the war on terror and Bin Laden's al Qaeda.

Hint: Don't expect George W. Bush to be the man with that kind of balls. The fact that he was persuaded to go into Iraq on the cheap - and his propensity, (ie.- fear) of ever admitting that he was wrong about anything...none of this bodes well for the man having the balls now to do what's needed. He talks a good game though, I'll give him that.)
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 08-05-2005 at 02:35 PM.

Good Post, UWC.

I give credit when it's due.