Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dit Da Jow Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas
    No offence but the prices they charge for an 8 ounce jow are totally insane when you think about it. You can make 2-3 gallons from Mike Biggies jow formula for a hell of a lot less than what they are charging.

Nice bottles, but unless I know the formula you have no idea what is was intended to do, i.e. bring qi the palms, bring qi and move blood to the legs for leg hitting drills, etc...

Give him a yell at Mantisbxr@aol.com and he will hook you up with an Iron Palm medicine as well as one the better injury jows around.

Dale Dugas
    I think you're missing some ingridents so you can make gallons at a time. My sifu always makes jow in small qunatities and have to wait ages for the right herbs to arrive from china.

Baka Yaroo!

Zannen, Vkun ga kempo to kampoyaku zen zen wakaranai da na....

Anta ga nandemo zen zen wakaranai....

ja mata ne,
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas
    Zannen, Vkun ga kempo to kampoyaku zen zen wakaranai da na....

Anta ga nandemo zen zen wakaranai....

ja mata ne,
    LOL brak brak brak - silly ole chook!

"I think you're missing some ingridents so you can make gallons at a time. My sifu always makes jow in small qunatities and have to wait ages for the right herbs to arrive from china"

Your first two words are a lie. Your sifu told me meat rots in the moon light, should I believe him?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy
    "I think you're missing some ingridents so you can make gallons at a time. My sifu always makes jow in small qunatities and have to wait ages for the right herbs to arrive from china"

Your first two words are a lie. Your sifu told me meat rots in the moon light, should I believe him?
    you should only believe what your sifu tells you. why are you going around listening to other sifus. Its disrespectful for you to do that.

http://www.knology.net/~therin/PlumDragon

This is where I purchased my last bottle of jow. I got the general purpose mixture, yet at the time I had a problem with my wrist tendonitis/carple tunnel, not sure what was wrong. For my curing aid some herbs were added for my wrist situation.

not much later my wrist is feeling much better. I am now able to put all my weight on it as well as almost full force palm strikes, with no pain.

Comes in a glass bottle with a glass dropper. I must say I dont know why no one else uses droppers. Its a great idea.

I know PlumDragon (Josh) has a smaller operation going on than others out there, but he knows what he is doing and has sure helped me out.

I will surely purchase jow from him again.

He also sales an iron hand mixture as well as aged bottles.

Check it out!
    Last edited by PangQuan; 09-13-2005 at 12:31 PM.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan
    http://www.knology.net

This is where I purchased my last bottle of jow. I got the general purpose mixture, yet at the time I had a problem with my wrist tendonitis/carple tunnel, not sure what was wrong. For my curing aid some herbs were added for my wrist situation.

not much later my wrist is feeling much better. I am now able to put all my weight on it as well as almost full force palm strikes, with no pain.

Comes in a glass bottle with a glass dropper. I must say I dont know why no one else uses droppers. Its a great idea.

I know PlumDragon (Josh) has a smaller operation going on than others out there, but he knows what he is doing and has sure helped me out.

I will surely purchase jow from him again.

He also sales an iron hand mixture as well as aged bottles.

Check it out!
    I've bought a lot of Jow from china at stalls near the temple. They are authenthic monk mixes.

i started off with wing lam's jow.
    used a couple from ditdajows.com.
    made several of my own.

now i use mike biggie's jow (have a gallon right now).
    it is truely the best i've ever had. african bird pepper
    really hits the spot.

also there is a chewy ball that you can buy at most
    chinatown supermarkets called "tieh tah wan".
    i recovered from broken ribs in less than a month
    with this stuff and biggie laoshi's jow.

For many years I swore by Lam Sifu's jow - now I realize it's a bit on the "light" side, although I do believe the formulation to be excellent - it just needs to be buried in the ground next to the kimchi for a few months.

One of the most effective jows I ever used for general bruising was a simple 'house blend' from an herbalist in Oakland Chinatown. It only had 8 ingredients, but dispersed bruises completely by the next morning after a hard night workin' the wooden dummy (geez, that almost sounds a little kinky )

As for the Tieh Ta Wan, I've heard of dissolving that resinous ball in rice wine or vodka as an 'emergency jow' with decent results. I've not tried that, although I will often dissolve the pill in rice wine for internal consumption after getting the cr@p beaten outta me! The next day I usually feel better - If I don't take it, the next day I'm usually really sore, sluggish and have a headache.

peace out,
    herb ox
    Last edited by herb ox; 08-12-2005 at 12:46 PM.

The Dit Da Wan/Tieh Ta Wan that I like the best is 5 Photos Brand. Not too bad of a taste. I eat it like taffy when I need to. Yummy for my tummy(and bruises...)

Lam sifu's jow is not bad. The recipe given on another post is the formula that he uses. I always make my jows with just enough vodka to cover the herbs, as that makes a very dark and powerful jow. If you can see through it then its not strong enough.

Dale
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by herb ox
    For many years I swore by Lam Sifu's jow - now I realize it's a bit on the "light" side, although I do believe the formulation to be excellent - it just needs to be buried in the ground next to the kimchi for a few months.

One of the most effective jows I ever used for general bruising was a simple 'house blend' from an herbalist in Oakland Chinatown. It only had 8 ingredients, but dispersed bruises completely by the next morning after a hard night workin' the wooden dummy (geez, that almost sounds a little kinky )

As for the Tieh Ta Wan, I've heard of dissolving that resinous ball in rice wine or vodka as an 'emergency jow' with decent results. I've not tried that, although I will often dissolve the pill in rice wine for internal consumption after getting the cr@p beaten outta me! The next day I usually feel better - If I don't take it, the next day I'm usually really sore, sluggish and have a headache.

peace out,
    herb ox

That's right. before I guy jow from someone I always make sure they're a chinese sifu. Those jow are like magic pills aren't they. gives you back your life force although some ppl will tell you it's not safe for consumption.

dude, i hope you're joking.

Quote Originally Posted by cbishop
    dude, i hope you're joking.
    oh I forgot to mention on the safe side make sure you can sweat out the poison if it doesn't go away in a couple of days.

Ingredients - "Caveat Emptor "

Just beacuse something from China says its an "Authentic Monk formula", does not always mean that it is a good one. I have a friend pick up a sword over there that was sold as an Authentic Chinese Jian (I cannot reemmber if it was inside or outside the temple there)......well,....it is a sword....it was made in China,...but the materials/workmanship/quality was less than top-notch.

My intent here is not to down anyone for believing the lable or to say that the product is in any way lacking; My intent is to caution the buyer. The best way to know what is in your jow is to just make it yourself. I did & mine works almost like magic. Batch size makes no difference BTW,....as long as you can handle mixing the stuff thouroughly once a week for the first 3 months.

All the formulae that I have seen require that the jow be allowed to "ferment" for a minimum of 6 months & not kept in the light. I sell my jow in either cobalt blue or brown bottles to minimize sun exposure. One lady I know put hers in an empty "Absorbine Jr." bottle. Now _THAT_ is a cool idea.

Anyway, best wishes to you all,
    ~BTL
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Vasquez
    oh I forgot to mention on the safe side make sure you can sweat out the poison if it doesn't go away in a couple of days.

.........WTF