Thread: ATTN: Ho Chun, Golden Arms & Akhilleus

ATTN: Ho Chun, Golden Arms & Akhilleus

Hey Guys,

It was great to see you all there, thanks for coming over and introducing yourselves, it's always cool to put a face with the names on here. Hope you guys had a great time.

Ho Chun - What did you think? had a good time?

GA - How was the trip back? Hopefully your shoulder will get better by May for our tournament.

Akhilleus - Sorry for not recognizing you at first! I was so dazed that day
    Thanks for the help on the desk, so where should I send the info about our tournament to? I spoke to Shifu Spoor and she commented that there's a possibillity of you guys holding a tournament at the school, keep us posted on that one!!!
    USKSF North Region: www.usksfnorth.org

Trip back was long but good. I had fun out there too! I am sure the shoulder will be better by then, I am hoping to resume training in 2 or 3 weeks tops to stay on the safe side, but luckily this one was not too bad. I fought there 2 or 3 years ago with my rotator cuff torn on my right arm, and ended up not being able to use my right arm for months afterwords! It was cool to meet you in person too, and I will be saving for a trip over for your tournament, count me in. I will work at bringing at least one other fighter with me too.
    -Golden Arms-

Hey Saeksan,
    LOL I know, my brain was pretty much fried at that point too...it was great to see you and your students. You guys are a great team as you showed this weekend. Some great fights and forms. Can you ask Kimba to send me a copy of our pic he took...
    Jon
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland

Hey Nelson,

It was a good time, can't wait for your tournament.

Steve

GA,

I wish you a speedy recovery and it's good to hear that you're coming. As soon as I get the info I'll send it your way.

Akhilleus,

Thank you so much for your kind words, it means a lot coming from you. I'll make sure Kimba gets that picture for you.

HC,

I'll send you the info as soon as it's available. I'm glad to know you had a great time!

We're all Lei Tai brothers!!!

Pics of Kuoshu tournament

Hey guys,

Here's a few pics from the tournament, mostly team and party stuff. (Akhilleus, our pic is in there too )

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...9&x=0&y=12wj2p

We're working on the footage to be put up on our site, so as soon as it is available I'll give you guys a heads up on it.

Also, we've been talking about creating a specific site for Kuoshu fighters with info, footage and a message board. Do you guys have any suggestions as to what you would like to see on there?

Thanks!

Nice pix...speaking of Kevin Walker, that guy has been asking me for a fight for two years now...I'm looking for someone to set that up...would you be interested in having that as a superfight at your May event?

The marketing possibilities are endless since a lot of people at kuoshu know how badly we want to get at eachother...
    Last edited by Akhilleus; 08-03-2005 at 11:15 AM.
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland

HELL YEAH!

Great idea! We could definately set that up.

So, should we call it "Mayhem in May" or "The Madtown Beatdown"

LOL...you can call it whatever you want...thanks, I will let Kevin know...all I know is that there are going to be fireworks...

what u doin saturday?
    you should really swing by my gym somewhere around 5 to 7pm.
    2 years? I thought u fought that guy in 2004? I guess by May of 2006 it'll be 2 years?
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

That's just it...we DID fight...after the fight, nothing changed...that's why I want to fight him again...I feel like I've improved enough since then to give it a definitive ending...

I would love to work out sometime but unfortunately saturday we have seminars at Dianes...I am trying to get into the next KOTR (August 27th I think)...

Akhilleus,

Keep me posted on what Kevin says so we can set-up the exact rules for the fight for you guys (length of rounds and rest times, if it's best 2 out of 3, etc...).

Thanks.

BTW we're looking into the local Marriott here in town, we might make this an all Chinese tournament after all, there's been a pretty positive response from folks so far. If the Marriott is too much $$$ we'll probably do it at the local HS that we did last year.

The date will be either 5/20 or 5/27 (both are Saturdays, the 27th is on Memorial Day weekend) 2006.

Tell me what you think (everyones else opinion is welcome too).