Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Chi sao videos

Good Chi sao videos

detroitwingchun.com

Good Chi Sau? Where?

Quote Originally Posted by hunt1
    Good Chi Sau? Where?
    Hey hunt1, Well, they definately can't mean the 1984 chi sau? clip of me on their site. That clip wasn't good chi sau at all. It's been so long ago I forget about that clip. It was taken when I was in transition from some other lineage chi sau to TWC chi sau and what to do and what not to do. We were just fooling around. I think the reference to the clip was a weak troll attempt. I'm a tiny bit better than that now.
    PR
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Sorry Phil I didnt even notice your footage. Guess I will have to go back and look now.

Hey Phil:

Sometimes it's best to say nothing!

Ultimate, you're so wise!

If you were only my sifu I'd listen to you... but you're not, so I'm going to jump in with both feet and say the following to Xindu (and Ali if he shows up)...

1) Why do you have twenty year old footage of someone who doesn't train in your line (OK I know the answer to this; I'm being facetious! )?

2) There was some interesting and some pretty nice looking stuff there... but that last grappling defence was hilarious!

3) The clips marked full contact weren't.

4) And finally a completely serious non-trolly question: what is the point of three-man chi sao?

Would like to ask , i seen in the photo page showing Ali Rahim 8th pro fight in Thailand. What kind of event was that? Interesting web site , seems to have a bit of a conflict with William Cheung Lineage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat
    Ultimate, you're so wise!
    If you were only my sifu I'd listen to you... but you're not, so I'm going to jump in with both feet and say the following to Xindu (and Ali if he shows up)...
    1) Why do you have twenty year old footage of someone who doesn't train in your line (OK I know the answer to this; I'm being facetious! )?
    There are obviously some very intelligent and observant people on this forum. Thank God.
    BTW, I going to listen to Ultimate on this one.
    PR
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

I can never see the video's on that sight for some reason. I don't care much for web clips though. Phil, I watched some of the clips on your sight and enjoyed them, I like the way you guys do the pole form.

what is the point of three-man chi sao?
    This is just a trick to try to make me look at that site again, yeah?
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Nah man it's there... I mean I work for the YMCA and it looks like what I might do at the kids summerschool coming up, which is why I'm asking... there's either gonna be some complicated energetics involved which can help my wing chun, or I can keep the little *******s happy for another twenty minutes!

...But I AM interested!!!

We have 3-man chi sau exercise that we do every now and then. One against two, using chi sau principles rather than the normal hand positions. Ours is a bit more dynamic rather than the rythmic repetition shown in that video.

Quote Originally Posted by CFT
    We have 3-man chi sau exercise that we do every now and then. One against two, using chi sau principles rather than the normal hand positions. Ours is a bit more dynamic rather than the rythmic repetition shown in that video.
    Thanks Chee. Would you mind explaining it a little more?

Quote Originally Posted by Mat
    2) There was some interesting and some pretty nice looking stuff there... but that last grappling defence was hilarious!

3) The clips marked full contact weren't.

4) And finally a completely serious non-trolly question: what is the point of three-man chi sao?
    Ali, looks like you think I'm trolling, since you haven't answered this at all.

Let me rephrase:

1) You seem to do some sort of grappling, judging by the demo of your son's spirited but terrible takedown attempt and your nicely tapping him out. Have you tried the last grappling defence (the standing there, bracing and front kicking) against your grappling teacher, or any of the grapplers in your school with a reasonable amount of experience? Do you recommend this as a useful technique for self defence?

2) What's your definition of full-contact?

3) Could you please explain a couple of the reasons for doing and the principles behind three-man chi sao?

Thanks for your consideration.

Ive only seen 3 man chi Sao once before...

My Sifu showed us the 3 man Chi Sao a while back and when i asked why one would do this, i was told that he taught a class with over 50 people in Boston many many years ago and thew only way to Chi Sao with everyone was to do two students at a time....
    Is that why you guys train this way ?