Thread: Chinese sword cutting tests-video

Chinese sword cutting tests-video

this is a short little video from a TV documentary. it shows some of the forging process but it mostly focuses on cutting tests

zhengwutang makes REAL Chinese swords the REAL Chinese way-forged from high carbon steel, folded, welded sanmei construction/lamination and differential heat clay treatments

http://www.zhengwutang.com/downloads/01.wmv

right click, DL 10 MB

this should immasculate guys who use those wimpy wushu and cast metal "weapons"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as soon as i get video camera or something like one, i'll record my own cutting tests
    Last edited by YangLiCheng; 07-28-2005 at 08:21 PM.
    大將軍冉閺萬歲

Thanks for that vid. I enjoyed the forging of the swords along with the cutting.
    No brag, just fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo
    Thanks for that vid. I enjoyed the forging of the swords along with the cutting.
    unfortunantly, the forging part of the video is quite short. i would like it if they showed them folding/welding the different steel alloys together (lamination process)
    大將軍冉閺萬歲

Great video, nice to see how traditional swords get made

I have a few wushu steal blades, whats with all the hate, its not like id use it in a fight, although that would be rather funny

Quote Originally Posted by zuiquan1
    Great video, nice to see how traditional swords get made

I have a few wushu steal blades, whats with all the hate, its not like id use it in a fight, although that would be rather funny
    honestly, i've never understood why anyone use a wushu blade. they make false blades that have the look and feel of real swords so you could use those for beginners
    大將軍冉閺萬歲