Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone here train early in the morning?

Quote Originally Posted by PaiLumDreamer
    Heres a good question to add: What time do you guys go to bed?
    usually between 0800 and 1000 hrs.

i get about 6 hours a day. usually as (3) 2hr naps.
    Last edited by YuanZhideDiZhen; 08-02-2005 at 06:29 AM.

I always lift in the mornings. Usually I'm at it by 6am. I usually go to bed before 10pm.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Check this out, I been investingating this for a while.
    When you work out in the morning, the body needs energy from the previous day.
    So you begin to want to eat later at night, on the previous day.
    Than the body wants to store fat, so that it can use it in the morning, since it's not getting energy right before working out.
    Light work out is good in the morning, heavy work out is dangerous and can throw off your hormones/glands.
    -Don't take my word for it, but I read people say it.

Quote Originally Posted by stubbs
    hhmm...see I don't normally go to bed until 11:30 - 12:30 and it normally takes me at least half hour to an hour to get to sleep. I sometimes don't get back from training until 9:30pm, then I have my dinner, then wind down for a bit. Every once in a while I'll go out, either pubbing, clubbing, seeing friends or girlfriend.
    It's all relative if you get up early and work out by the time night fall comes the body should be ready for rest.

I have also tried splitting my workout up half morning half evening just to save time, I dont know what the results were but not much different to a normally routine im guessing
    If a person offends you, do not resort to extremes, simply watch your chance and hit him with a brick.

Mark Twain

I've never been able to lift, but my body can handle running in the morning. And if I can get myself up, I feel 100% better for the rest of the day. Never ate before hand, but would sometimes take a caffine pill before the run.

My advice - if possible, get a training partner. This gives you the motivation of not letting the other person down. I used to get up and meet a buddy at 5:45am for interval training before work and we rarely missed going. And if you did miss, you'd hear about it big time!

Since then, I've moved and I've gone through several rounds of trying to train in the morning, with less success. Even though I tell myself I'll feel better, its so hard to get up by myself! My wife just got a new job where she has to wake up earlier than me, so I'm thinking I can use that to get me up early to start the morning training again. Crossing my fingers.
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum - Either Peace or War