Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here train early in the morning?

Anyone here train early in the morning?

How do you do it? I'm really not a morning person but the idea of getting my training out of the way in the morning really appeals to me. I'm constantly late for work but I think it's just habbit - I'm guessing training in the morning can also become a habit? How long did it take you to get used to the early mornings? Do you eat/drink before or during training?

Cheers
    ________
    BLACK LESBIAN
    Last edited by stubbs; 03-18-2011 at 02:14 PM.

Nope. I need meals in me and I need to have completely woken up before I train/lift.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist
    Nope. I need meals in me and I need to have completely woken up before I train/lift.
    I'm like that. I've tried running in the morning and usually I don't feel too good. I'm wondering if it's just part of the habbit though. When I was training in Thailand I was starting to get used to it by the 3/4th week...but as soon as I got home I was straight into my usual routine.
    ________
    DT400
    Last edited by stubbs; 03-18-2011 at 02:15 PM.

I generally start at 5:30-6:00am. It's a fight to get up every morning, but I'm fine in 15 minutes.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I wake up at 4:30 am to do sam bo gin, and hei-gung, then I go back to sleep until 8am. Then I get up and either run sprints, or weight train, depending on the day of the week. I am certainly not a morning person, but there is a certain satisfaction one feels when you get up, train, shower, eat breakfast, and heve the entire day ahead of you. I don't teach my first class until noon, so I feel that I have a certain amount of leisure time, this prevents me from getting burnt out as well.

Really?! I'm not sure I could get up, train, sleep, then train again. Once I'm up, I'm up! Do you eat or drink anything before you train?
    ________
    CALIFORNIA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    when I do my 4am thing, I do the hei-gung afterwards to wind down. Then I kind of vegetate at the pc for awhile and then fall asleep. When I do my regular morning workout, I only have coffee. ..and water. I want to be on a ten hour fast so I am using my fat storages for fuel.

my father is 79 years old and is up before the dawn most mornings and working out for several hours. we start with some stretching and get blood pumping for a ten minute highschool calestenics like push ups and sit ups/crunches and jumping jacks. then go for a walk/jog for 2 miles. then begin ma drills, preforms, forms. then stretch afterwards. then food. then cold shower. then more food.
    Last edited by YuanZhideDiZhen; 08-01-2005 at 04:12 PM.

I get up at 5:00 a.m. Do Taiji for 1hour I dont eat or drink anything untill after my workout (15-30 min after)

Heres a good question to add: What time do you guys go to bed?

Normally I'm in bed by 10:00pm , 1/2 hour after my 1/2 hour Qigong session.

I go to sleep about 10-11pm wake up around 7am do an hour of training then eat
    maybe go back for a nap depending on how hard I trained.Go to my 8-9hour job
    come home around 6or 7pm train for another hour do qigong around 1030 or so

hhmm...see I don't normally go to bed until 11:30 - 12:30 and it normally takes me at least half hour to an hour to get to sleep. I sometimes don't get back from training until 9:30pm, then I have my dinner, then wind down for a bit. Every once in a while I'll go out, either pubbing, clubbing, seeing friends or girlfriend.
    ________
    VAPIR NO2 VAPORIZER

There is a choice and consequences to everything you do. You have to prioritize. If clubbing and/or staying up until 12:30 is more important to you than getting up to train, then that's all well and good. To each their own.

there was a ford prefect who appeared as a not so memorable character in a couple of stories by larry niven....