Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Apoweyn still around?

Is Apoweyn still around?

I had been gone for a while, and I just realized I hadn't seen him here since I was back. I know he had detached retinae or something last I saw him around here, but I was wondering if anyone knew how he was doing.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

someone said that he's on another board but i never went there.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

The last time I saw AP (May), we were in another country pushing a '05 mustang convertable out of a ditch and then later we drank waaaay too much and called Merryprankster all sorts of awful things.

goodtimes.. drunken goodtimes..
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

Send him my regards if you talk with him. He's one of the goodones.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Ap officially took a step away from KFM a while ago...new baby and such.

I did just try to email him and it bounced back to me as a closed email. So if anyone is in touch with him please have him drop me a line. thanks.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

"hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

I'm pretty sure I've seen that alias at martialartsplanet.com, you may want to check there.

I'm still in contact with Ap Oweyn.
    Drop me a PM if you have a genuine need.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Originally posted by SifuAbel
    OMG, some body got a DNA sample from the burnt carcass of the last dead horse, separated the live cells, cloned another horse, watched it grow, let it come to maturity and then
    PROCEEDED TO BEAT IT TO DEATH , AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Hey gang,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Andy, RHD, and MP mentioned this thread to me a few days ago. But I had to create a new account as my old one was tied to an email address that I lost when I resigned from my job recently.

First of all, thanks for thinking of me. Means a lot.

As Oso mentioned, I have a 6-mo. old daughter now. And I'm a stay-at-home dad during the day. Graduate student (counseling) by night. And I'm training with a Modern Arnis group in Northern Virginia on Saturday mornings.

Sorry Oso. I'd meant to drop you my new email before now. But they closed my old one down a lot quicker than I'd expected. And I lost a lot of emails. I'm at apoweynATgmail.com now.

KC, Rogue, Bmore, Fatherdog, good to see all you guys again!

Stuart

p.s. Spent the whole bloody weekend trying to work out what happened to that Mustang. (And, of course, mocking the guy that put it in the ditch in the first place, eh ST?)

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Ap, I'll send you an email from home later tonight.

good to hear from you.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

You too mate. You too.

Good to see you too, ap. How'd those BJJ lessons end up going? And how's the fencing?
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Quote Originally Posted by FatherDog
    Good to see you too, ap. How'd those BJJ lessons end up going? And how's the fencing?
    I haven't done either one since starting graduate school three semesters ago. They were both conducted in the evenings. Same time as my classes. The BJJ cost a fair amount of cash too. And we don't have much of a disposable income since I resigned from my job.

And since I'm paying all these fees at GW anyway, I thought I'd take advantage of an on-campus club. Just so happened the Philippines Cultural Society had an arnis class set up. So that's what I've been doing. It's Modern Arnis technically (whereas I came from Doce Pares and Inosanto Kali). But really, it's apples and other very similar apples.

Stuart

ap, That picture of you and your daughter was nice to see. Cherish every moment with her because they somehow grow up quicker than we notice.

Hope you're doing well.

PS Want to share war stories about diaper malfuntions and the dreaded middle of the night feedings? Oh the memories!
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue
    ap, That picture of you and your daughter was nice to see. Cherish every moment with her because they somehow grow up quicker than we notice.
    Will do. She's a real treat. Makes it easy on ol' Dad.

Hope you're doing well.
    I am indeed. I was down your way recently. Hoping to get down there again soon. When I can get away from the familia for a little while, we'll have to get together, yeah?

PS Want to share war stories about diaper malfuntions and the dreaded middle of the night feedings? Oh the memories!
    Middle of the night feedings: Check.

4AM. We get up to feed the baby. My wife goes downstairs to comfort her while I heat the bottle. I can hear over the monitor that the baby's going bonkers. The bottle warmer runs its full cycle and the bottle's still cold. So I get the bright idea to use the microwave. (Yeah, I know. I know.) A minute seems like a reasonable timeframe. So I microwave it, take it out, and test it on my wrist.

A minute is NOT a reasonable heating time for a bottle. I ended up tattooing myself with molten hot baby formula AND getting told off by my wife who had lost patience with me and came stalking upstairs with the screaming baby.

Half an hour later, when the baby was asleep again and we were back in bed, my wife says "one minute is too long to microwave formula."

I glowered at my wrist, grumbled something like "thanks very much" (but with more f-words peppered through it), and tried to go back to sleep.

Stuart