Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: USAWKF Tournaments

oh boy.

Hey Exadon, don't think I'm trying to be mean, but the forum has a search funtion, use it to look up USAWKF and WKF and most of it has been hashed out in the past already. It was just another good idea that has ended up in divisiveness and disenchanted many. Including one eyed Willie.

Quote Originally Posted by brothernumber9 View Post
    oh boy.

Hey Exadon, don't think I'm trying to be mean, but the forum has a search funtion, use it to look up USAWKF and WKF and most of it has been hashed out in the past already. It was just another good idea that has ended up in divisiveness and disenchanted many. Including one eyed Willie.
    Sall good dude I understand.
    I should have searched it fromt he start

THanks

it isn't like Anthony Goh is the anti-Christ......

(he's got far fewer followers for example)
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by brothernumber9 View Post

It was just another good idea that has ended up in ........

The road to hell is paved with good intentions

(and nacho cheese)

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Anybody have experience with these folks?
    http://www.kungfuchampionship.com/index.htm

Good or bad? Sounds interesting...
    A unique snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPalm View Post
    Anybody have experience with these folks?
    http://www.kungfuchampionship.com/index.htm

Good or bad? Sounds interesting...
    My problem with NIck Scrima's tournament is

1) He is using old rules, rules not even the IWUF is using anymore

2) He is charging the Sanshou folks an unreasonable fee to compete, much more than the forms folks

3) I have no idea who the officials are

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    My problem with NIck Scrima's tournament is

1) He is using old rules, rules not even the IWUF is using anymore

2) He is charging the Sanshou folks an unreasonable fee to compete, much more than the forms folks

3) I have no idea who the officials are
    Thanks!

1) Didn't look at the rules yet but every San Shou/San Da thing seems to have different rules.

2) That sucks! Doesn't make any sense...if anything they should charge less to draw up support for the sport as many tournaments have the San Shou as the sparsest division.

3) What is the issue with this? Refs? Judges? Shady doings?
    A unique snowflake

No..the issue with this is that there is little or no info on who the judges are and what they are supposed to be about....yet they DO have a set up for judge certification.

Nice idea but no one has been able to get that done in any meaningful way in 20 years.

One of the big misconceptions about all of this is that the big names in CMA are the ones who are the best judges.

First, they tend to be the ones who work the least when they come to an event....AND expect the most from the promoter.

They also tend to NOT score a competitor any more consistently than others who are 'experienced' judges.

They also have a habit of getting caught up in minutia...like the Hung Gar big name who looks at another Hung Gar person's routine and says "Wrong...scoring you down because WE do it this way..." and the point they are choosing to score on is NOT an important one.

it isn't like Anthony Goh is the anti-Christ......

(he's got far fewer followers for example)
    People often say to put up where you train, or shut up.

Being prepared to be fully bashed on the interwebz, I go to
    Anthony Goh’s school. I have full respect for Si-fu goh, and the only reason
    I asked about the USAWKF here and instead of at school was … I thought it might be
    a sore subject. Seems I was right some what I guess?

Does that make me a follower? haha I guess so

Regardless my personal experience at Si-fu Goh’s school has been fantastic.

Anyway, I respect everyone’s oponion . . . and I know I am a newb and do not know the history many of you may have with Goh (or vice versa).

Anyway , it’s Friday people , where is the cake?

I knew Sifu Goh for years before the USAWKF back when he was co-founder of NACMAF. I was pretty friendly with a lot of his students. He's a great sifu. On a personal level, he was friendly and kind of charming (no homo)

My issue (s) were political , how he ran the federation, decisions he made and his attitude. You can be king in your school, sifu and all that. A federation is a different matter. You should try and listen to your members, your PAYING members. If he had there would have been a lot less mis steps and disasters, the worlds for one

I knew Sifu Goh for years before the USAWKF back when he was co-founder of NACMAF. I was pretty friendly with a lot of his students. He's a great sifu. On a personal level, he was friendly and kind of charming (no homo)

My issue (s) were political , how he ran the federation, decisions he made and his attitude. You can be king in your school, sifu and all that. A federation is a different matter. You should try and listen to your members, your PAYING members. If he had there would have been a lot less mis steps and disasters, the worlds for one
    Thank you for the kind words of my si-fu (no sarcasm as you did have kind words)

And I understand your opinion. My first opinion of this forum was troll city haha, it is nice to meet and talk to many respectful members.

I didn't like his politics, his kung fu was top notch, didn't want the two separate issues confused

The USAWKF is the organization responsible for pretty much ruining the entire TCMA scene in the US, and destroying Sanshou in particular
    be clear Dave, say what you mean, don't hold back...

I didn't like his politics, his kung fu was top notch, didn't want the two separate issues confused
    there you go again, dealing in nuances and fine discrimination; what are you, some kinda book-larned egg-head?

there you go again, dealing in nuances and fine discrimination; what are you, some kinda book-larned egg-head?
    gosh darn, we wouldn't want no kind of edukation leakin in here would we?

gosh darn, we wouldn't want no kind of edukation leakin in here would we?
    apparently it is not the watchword of late...