Thread: One handed pushups

One handed pushups

Any advice that you guys can give me on this? Currently I try doing them while supporting myself w/1 finger from other hand.

Basically jsut give me some advice and stuff.
    Be water my friend.

Try doing isometric holds: stay in the bottom position with your chest just off the floor, and hold for time. These have helped me a lot.

Before you try to do one finger, can you do two?
    Yes, seriously.

One hand, or one finger? Cuz the thread says "one hand," but you're talking about fingers.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I think he's saying he uses one hand on one side and then just supports himself with one finger on the other.

Try doing them with your legs spread really far apart. OR try doing them on your knees and then work your way up to your feet.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Yes correct Chief.

And who asked about 2 finger yes I can, thats why I moved up to one =.=

And I think Ill try those isometric holds, sounds good.
    Be water my friend.

What Chief said - hold your legs far apart. One hand push ups aren't too hard once you get the balance sorted. Start with your legs making an L shape with one leg out to the side. Put your hand thats on the same side, on the leg thats out to the side and try to do a push up. If you can't do it spread your legs a bit further.

Also, try taking a normal push up position, but when you go down twist slightly and put all the weight onto one arm. Then come up and put the weight on the other arm as you go down.
    ________
    Gong Bongs
    Last edited by stubbs; 03-18-2011 at 02:15 PM.

The last one was a good tactick.
    Or you can just spread your hands wide and move between them, which your chest is close to the floor. Basically bend the elbows and move side to side, from arm to arm.

Thumbs up

Which two fingers can you guys do? Do you mean the thumb and forefinger? And yes, I know the post was about one=handed pushups. I was just curious for the people who can do two fingers...

I can do two finger push ups. Usually about 20 or so, now, more when I'm 15lbs. lighter. I do them on forefinger and index finger. Can a lot of other guys do this as well? I'm willing to post vid or pics...

You mean just regular two finger pushups, using both hands?

I'll have to try it myself, never tried, and get back to ya on that, heh.
    Be water my friend.

hey, 20 one fingered push ups is not bad at all, but it does depend a lot on your body weight.
    And one handed push ups are a lot easier if you put the the hand in front of your head. Then the body works instead of the arm. If you can do it with hand in front of the chest, you're tough.

What's the purpose of being able to do 20 one-fingered pushups, other than bragging rights (which you definately have).
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

plays to grip stength, I've known some eagle claw guys who've done that.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

I guess you can build up decent striking power with fingertips doing these pushups. And you can perform chin na techinques effectively. I felt a real eagle claw grip from one master (3 fingers only), and there was no way to break loose from that. At least for me, that is.