Thread: Power Cages

Power Cages

Tax return time is coming up so im looking at power cages. Should i get a commercial quality one or is one for home gym use ok?

What brands are decent? Im finding it quite difficult to find information.

Toby: I saw your in some photo's and Orbit Fitness have some similar ones for AU$700 - have you had any problems? Is it sturdy enough for pull ups?

If you can get your hands on the Powertec Power rack, you can't go wrong. It is usually pictured in black, however, if you order it now you'll most likely get one that is grey.

It is usually around the same price as other home racks, and in my opinion is commercial grade. It weighs something like 265 lbs, has a chinup bar, and dip bars as well. If I recall it is 4" tubular construction and has steel pins that can take a beating.

I owned one, and had left a bar across the pins for a bout a month with something like 300 lbs on it, and there wasn't any issues with the pins warping.

If you are into strength training, and want something that is at least as good as what you see in the gym, this is the thing to go with. It also has quite a few holes for pin settings, so you can do quite a bit in it.

I think it was about $600 canadian, or around $400 USD.
    Vegetables are what food eats.