Thread: Chen style in Denver area

Chen style in Denver area

I've recently relocated to Denver and I'm looking to hook up with a Chen style group. Anyone know of any? I've scoured the Internet with not much luck. Do I need to start up a club?

Chen in Denver

Mike Sigman is or was from that area and would know who is who there.
    Google should help you with contacting him if you are serious about Chen style.

well Sigman does not really "do" or teach Chen taijiquan, he does his own internal strength thing. So if you were hoping to actually learn the system of Chen boxing, that might not be a great bet. There is another person in Colorado, might be Denver. His name is Liang Baiping, and he actually does teach Chen taijiquan and is said to be good.

One of the posters on Emptyflower, 'iwalkthecircle' has trained wwith him and can put you in touch and give you information. Go for that.. I think it actuallly might be Denver.

M
    Last edited by Mo Ling; 08-12-2005 at 11:35 AM.

Are you in Denver or in one of its suburbs?
    If youre North of Denver, you might consider checking out CMMA in Greeley and Ft Collins. Sifu Tim Sheehan teaches tai chi/bagua/xing yi as well as other stuff but dont recall what lineage; I havent trained there for several years.

Their website:
    http://cwarnis.com/