Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown
Hi Judge Pen

Please take a few moments to re-read my previous posts. I mention nothing but respect and compliments for the way 7 handled the situation!

My criticism is not intended to derogate! I have repeatedly made that clear! I suggest learning from the situation in order to discover possible alternatives to the course of action taken that created this debacle. 7 did what he should have and the only thing he could have, he backed up his partners. Kudos to him for that.

As to the platitude: "Carried by 6 or judged by 12" it implies only two options. Kill, or be killed. This is clearly foolsih and unrealistic! The two choices only exist in extreme circumstances and they are rarely encountered. To teach someone they only have two options to resolve a situation is simplistic and irresponsible.
Hence my point of prioritizing the weighing of values. 6 v. 12 is the last resort, the options you have when all diplomacy and alternatives have been exhausted. Fortunately, they are rarely encountered. I have only uncounted a situation once in my life (but, then again, I've never bounced at a Memphis bar).

And I understand that you weren't criticizing 7* per se. I'm just giving him the benefit that he probably exhausted all other alternatives before the encounter turned into a physical altercation. I think every rationale human being and martial artist will agree that entering into a physical altercation is the last resort.