Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stamina training

thankyou, your words are very interesting.

Sant Mat is an indian philosophy/following that never gained the popularity that hinduism and sikism did. It blends many different beliefs and takes the best parts of many religions and encorparates them into its teachings. Search about on the net and you will find some sites on it.

my queston would be where is there to move away to?
    To move away as in to live life without feeling the need to chase desire, to recognise that these things shouldnt be our goal as they dont bring true happiness.

I remember seeing a young buddhist monk and he told of how everytime he had an impure thought he would sit facing a stone wall and meditate. I would say this is moving away from desire, its conditioning the mind so that the flaws in us eventually dissapear and we no longer think/act with desire in mind.

BTW, not to nitpick, but I wouldn't lump god/tao/soul together...three very different constructs, IMHO
    yea sorry for lumping them all together. I know that they are separate things, I mentioned them because I was talking about connecting to a higher source, so in christianity that would be god, daoism the tao and sant mat the soul.

hmm indeed
    im off to bed
    craig

LOL you're making this more complex than it really is. It justs makes boring ole horse stance training so much fun. Especially when you're doing the quick half sqauts and letting her full weight bob down as you push up.

For a thread that started with sex and boobies, this was quite easily the best read I've had here yet. It's kind of hard sometimes to read this forum, between people flamming and so on and whatever, it's just nice to find a nugget of truly thought out opinion (and a beautiful one I might add). I sincerely enjoyed reading your conservation and I thought you both made good points and it was nice to see people actually talking and listening to eachother.

Anyway, excuse me for rambling, just wanted to say I enjoyed it.
    - Max

==================================================

Enjoy everything, you might as well...

The best thing about Shao-lin is that it very quickly shows you exactly how weak you are.

With good balance there are crazy things with your partner in a hand stand postion or push up in hand stand postion.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyfoot
    Recognising that things are imperminant surely means that once we realise that they are - we must then try to move away from them? If we dont then all we are giving ourselves is the temptation to lead a path of 'false joys' where we will never connect with god/tao/soul????

I wanted to add to this if I may. From a taoist view, you should experience and absorb as much in the world as you can. Many great scholars were worldly people in their summer years living as politicians, generals, etc. After they experienced what they felt they needed, they moved on. Mind you all along they knew it was temporary and non-attachment was apart of everything they did.

You have to learn-to unlearn-and return to the source. If someone remains an ascetic their entire life, what have they accomplished except living behind closed doors? Have you ever read a book by Ding-Ming Dao titled, "Chronicles of Tao?" If you're interested in another view this is an excellant read.

Warren

good post

I remember reading a book of mine which told of how to act. It said to become like a still lake. The lake reflects everything with the most perfect precision, but once what it reflects passes by, it no longer holds onto it.

Its a good analogy when describing attachment.

craig