Thread: Captains of Crush Grippers

Captains of Crush Grippers

I just got the trainer Captians of Crush gripper yesterday. I ordered it from http://www.ironmind.com

All I can say is WHOA! The trainer has 100lbs of resistance. I was suprized to read that they actually recommend using the gripper as a weight workout. I usually sit and watch TV or read with my grippers that I got from Walmart. Not possible with this thing. They recommend doing a warm up set of 10 reps then doing a workout of 3 sets of 5 to 6 reps each. On that last set my grip was fried.

Anyway, I like the gripper so far. I wonder how long it wil take me to work up to the next level. Level 1 is 140lbs of resistance. Level 4 is 365lbs of resistance!
    Last edited by Chief Fox; 08-18-2005 at 09:56 AM.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

These are the very BEST grippers on the market. They are very important pieces of equipment. I love them, and ironmind.com is an awesome company.

Steve
    http://www.noweightsworkout.com/

They rock

I have a #2 and can close it, and man its work to get reps out. Great tools for the iron claw.

Dale
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

WOW! closing a #2 can't be easy. That's 195lbs. of reistance I think. Practically double the gripper that I have. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that iron claw!

CF,

I have tried a #3 and I can get it halfway. #4 I cannot even budge.

Im a big guy at 6'2" and 250 pounds. Its not just your hand but your forearm which drives the muscles of the hand. I am insane about grip strength.

Solid Bao Ding balls are good for passive training while sitting in a chair and twirling then until you cannot anymore.

Many many other drills.

Get John Brookfields grip books, they have tons of exercises.

try pinch gripping some plates and walk around and that will make you isane in lower arm strength.

train hard and train right.

Dale
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info and the training suggestions Dale. I'll look into John Brookfields books.

I can close the T and the #1. I've never tried more than 2 reps with either.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

i got the 1 two chrimmuses ago from mom. i loved it and got to closing it with both right and left, but i've been neglecting my CoC in recent months. must be married life?

sorry, but i can't allow a captains of crush thread go on my forum without CoC jokes.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Synchronicity

I just came on this board for the sole purpose of starting a CoC thread... thanks, now I can use this one...!

I was playing with them in my gym shop, and I closed the 44kg ones easily enough a few times... I then tried the 63kg ones and could jjuuuuussssst close them. Do I guess right thinking that the 63kg ones are right for me to start with?

might as well. it'll give you more room to grow, whereas the easier one will be high-rep territory soon enough.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

How do you walk with a 63kg CoC?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Mat, get the harder one. I've got the #1 and #2. The #1 is easy, the #2 not so. I can push out about 20 reps with the #1, so it's more an endurance workout. The #2 I can manage about #5 reps with the right hand and a couple with the left. I'm considering getting one of their resistance increasers to make the #1 harder. The other thing I wish is that you could get ones with different spring windings. The way the springs are wound make them not sit quite the same in each hand. It's not a big issue, but at times I think it makes it a bit easier for the right hand.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo