Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling out sport fighters

Calling out sport fighters

Many of you here have validated my point about chinese stylists selling out. You have accepted the sport platfrom as superior and are happy to worship TKD celebrities.

Howerver sport success does not equal street success. As proven by Fernando Vargas being beaten in the street by one guy dispite being champion of the world in boxing.

To take the point home, I am willing to fight any of the sport stylists here who wish to test their style agaisnt a traditional chinese martial artist. I have 14 years experience in Hung Gar. If you already are a traditonal stylist you do not need to reply to the challenge. This is for san shou, MMA, TKD, and similar sportive fighters.

I live in Silver Spring Maryland. If you wish to test your skills let me know.

Meh, I'm not as experienced as you but I've just started preparing for a kickboxing bout. I'm training to use boxing style punches with a few blocks from Hung Gar/Choy Lay Fut, Muay Thai style round houses/push kicks and some Hung Gar forearm strikes to wear down my opponent. The footwork is from my forms.

I've been slowly changing my workout to meet the demands of the ring. I'm fighting as an amateur so I'll be doing 3 2 minute rounds (or is it 2 2 minute rounds? I'll have to check with my instructor). The rules are no kicks below the waist, no kicks to the head, and you can only strike with your hands, feet and shins.

I'll be fighting under the label of "Kung Fu," so poo on you.

And by the way, you stink.
    Last edited by HearWa; 08-18-2005 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout
    I live in Silver Spring Maryland. If you wish to test your skills let me know.
    Heemm... my old stomping ground. but, hey, this guy sound like he is looking for our resident sport fighter, RALEK

Sounds like Ralek to me. Wherefore out though Shaolin Tiger?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

Or a Ralek wannabe. Wouldn't it be great if there is a Ralek and a anti-Ralek in Silver Springs? Or it could be one of the regulars trying to pull off a troll.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

im a traditional stylist so i guess i cant fight....

why dont you get a nationally televised fight set up with cung le?
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Fallout, I must ask. Why does a guy who has studied kung fu for 14 years even care what people say on an internet discussion board? What do have to prove? If people don't agree with you or even don't like you, why do you care?

You come on here and immediately start to trash talk a champion San Shou fighter because he doesn't fit your definition of what kung fu is. Honestly, how do you expect people to react? Now your "calling out" sport fighters. You're really making an arse out of yourself.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout
    If you already are a traditonal stylist you do not need to reply to the challenge. This is for san shou, MMA, TKD, and similar sportive fighters.
    I use traditional wing chun, traditional aikido/jutsu, traditional hsing yi elements, traditional muay thai, traditional western boxing, traditional jujutsu, and traditional western wrestling...

Where does that leave me?

Are you a bit simple?

To take the point home, I am willing to fight any of the sport stylists here who wish to test their style agaisnt a traditional chinese martial artist.
    Just give a name, address, and photo and let a few of them try jumping you someday. It's more realistic that way... when you sqaure off one on one it's a bit too much like most sport fights, in my opinion. In the street you're not going to know when and where it's going to happen, or how many people you're taking on beforehand.

Yes, but would we be expected to use our powers only for good?

The dark-side I feel calling, with this one, my young apprentice!

there's hung gar in silver spring?
    that's news to me.

shoot on over to bxf in millersville sometime if you want someone to play with.
    there's mma sparring on saturday (in the evenings).
    I'm sure you'll find someone to jump in there with you the rest of the week.

If you really don't wanna go outside silverspring; you could always visit:
    http://www.bjjonline.com/
    I've only trained with a rep from the school, never been there, nor trained with the big guy himself, but from what I know about the guy I trained with, that's not the type of school that'll be afraid to let you try your stuff.

nice troll job tho.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Just give a name, address, and photo and let a few of them try jumping you someday. It's more realistic that way... when you sqaure off one on one it's a bit too much like most sport fights, in my opinion. In the street you're not going to know when and where it's going to happen, or how many people you're taking on beforehand.
    I drafted pretty much the same post but was having trouble wording it...thanks...

LOL @

like, from now on, just limit your posts to this one, for example?
    what is wrong with him?
    I don't know, Chris, but usually when someone makes internet challenges it's after they've lost there "Swedish pen15 enlargement pump"...or of course the accompanying book "That is my bag baby"...
    Last edited by Akhilleus; 08-18-2005 at 11:17 PM.
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland

It's rabbit season
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Rabbit season!!
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

It's amazing how people will bravely refer you to some web address or volunteer others to fight, but not step up themselves.