Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mighty Morphin Power Ranger news

Mighty Morphin Power Ranger news

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/arti...00010000000001 saw this on another board. and yes it is the one who kept on going back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

This article has been posted in the street fighting forum also. Still waiting for someone to actually know who this guy is and who he played in the show...
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

I got nothing on him at IMDB or at *drum roll*http://www.rangercentral.com/main-cast.htm

Oooohh... bvut I did see where "Mike Chat" of XMA fame was a Ranger once... whoooooooooo
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

sean,

I checked imdb.com and found nothing. I googled the name and I found.....a Power Ranger forum...from what the google results showed they didn;t know who he was either. I clicked the link but you had to be a member to read the forum, and I couldn't bring myself sign up...not secure enough in my masculinity or something...

Yeah Mike Chat Power Ranger..

Jason David Frank (from early on) has a really sucessful school in CA and just opened one up in TX also...
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

he played tommy, the greena nd white ranger in the first 2/3 season, and then he came back in the later seasons as one of the leaders.

edit*

i just checked too. maybe aol got it wrong?
    Last edited by Shaolinlueb; 08-19-2005 at 10:41 PM.
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Mighty Morphin' Murderer

Former child actor Skylar Deleon, who appeared as an extra in hit TV series Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, has been accused of brutally murdering a California couple by tying them to an anchor and throwing them overboard a yacht. Deleon, 26, and wife Jennifer, 24, have been ordered to stand trial for the murders of Thomas Hawks and his wife Jackie last November in an alleged plot to steal their 55 foot luxury yacht. The Orange County Superior Court heard, on Wednesday, the pair posed as interested buyers and demanded a test run off Newport Beach where they attacked the elderly pair with a stun gun before handcuffing and blindfolding them. They were then allegedly tied to the boat's 66 pound anchor and ruthlessly thrown overboard where they drowned. Police were alerted to the murder by fellow accomplice Alonso Machain who claims Delona delayed the planned killings by a week after discovering that Hawks, a retired probation officer from Arizona, was a larger man than first expected. Matt Murphy, the Deputy District Attorney, "It is haunting to think these nice, loving people were trying to hold their breaths as they sank to the bottom of the ocean. This is as cold-blooded as it gets." All the defendants have pleaded not guilty.

imdb.com sets us straight. AOL and CNN exaggerate his role in PR for sensationalism....ba5tards.
    ------
    Jason

Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger probably killed a dude in Mexico

All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

See also: power ranger with a stun gun in the Street/Reality Fighting forum and

former power ranger wanted for murder in the Martial Media and Popular Culture forum
    ------
    Jason

He wasn't a Power Ranger, the idiot had two walk on parts as a kid.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

:werd: i first thought it was tommy, cause it looks like him. he might have been a stunt double. but jsut an extra....

no...not Tommy,

Tommy is pulling in $60K a month in his Cali school. And just opened a TX school...so he's making money so he doesn't need to kill for it.
    ------
    Jason

more power ranger stuff

'MIGHTY' MITE 4, BEATS BANDITS: 'MORPHIN' MOVE SAVES THE DAY
    By MATT DEES

November 30, 2006 -- DURHAM, N.C. - A robber was holding a gun to 5-year-old Mary Long's head when a 3-foot-tall Mighty Morphin Power Ranger leaped into the room.

"Get away from my family," 4-year-old Stevie Long shouted, punctuating his screams with swipes of his plastic sword and hearty "yah, yahs!"

The robber and his accomplice, who was waiting outside the apartment Friday night, fled with credit cards, jewelry, cash and other items that Stevie's mother, Jennifer Long, dumped from her purse.

"I scared the bad guys away," Stevie said.

Two men had approached Jennifer Long's boyfriend and his son as they stood outside the apartments she helps manage, according to a police report. The strangers asked for pot, and then a cigarette. As the son went to get one, both men pulled guns, police said.

One stayed with the boyfriend as the other forced the son back into the apartment, police said. Inside were Jennifer Long, a cousin, Stevie, Mary and two other children, police said.

They were forced on the floor. The robber pointed the gun at Mary and a 1-year-old girl named Sierra, said Stevie's uncle, Bernie Evans, 33, who lives above the Longs.

Enter Stevie.

"During the robbery, a . . . boy snuck into his bedroom, dressed himself in a Power Ranger costume and armed himself with a plastic sword," police said. "The child then exited his room and approached the armed suspect, in an attempt to protect his family."

Relatives said the robber abandoned plans to take Stevie's mother to an ATM to withdraw cash when he saw Stevie.

"It tripped him out, and that's when they moved on," said Evans, who did not witness the incident.

Stevie likes to think he cuts an intimidating figure in his red-and-black mask and foam suit that replicates the rippling muscles of the kiddie adventure-show heroes. But Evans said the robber was more startled that Stevie was able to retreat to his bedroom and morph.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

This kid should get an award for baddest ass little kid of the year. Can barely talk and he saves his family from gunpoint, he has a future.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Channel Your Energy For Good

Sort of like Power Rangers meets Jackie Chan's Disciple?

Power Rangers in martial arts deal
    Ronnie Dungan Today, 11:49am

Disney's Power Rangers brand has linked up with a leading martial arts association.

As part of its 15th birthday celebrations the Power Rangers brand has been partnered with leading martial arts association Black Belt International (BBI) to launch a nationwide competition.

Taking place in March and April, the ‘Channel Your Energy For Good’ competition will see the Power Rangers work with kids from 15 existing BBI classes from across the UK where aspiring mini-Rangers will be judged over a month long period both inside and outside of classes.

BBI instructors will be assessing kids on their conduct, attitude and behaviour in-class while parents will oversee a number of ‘at home’ activities participants must carry out – including everyday tasks such as tidying their bedrooms and helping out with the washing up.

To incentivise BBI instructors and kids to get involved with the programme, the Power Rangers have assembled comprehensive prize packages - including special edition, one-off Power Rangers martial arts belts. Three of the 15 winning kids will have their prize packages presented to them in class by an actual Power Ranger.

Boel Ferguson, Managing Director of kids TV channel, Jetix says, “We’re thrilled to be partnering with the BBI, using our characters and TV channel to promote an active lifestyle. Much like Power Rangers, BBI promote the virtues of discipline, self-respect, control and teamwork through their classes and give kids added confidence to help build character. It’s an ideal link up. ”

Paul Griffin, Chairman of Black Belt International says, “Power Rangers has endured phenomenal success and has no doubt already inspired many young children to take up a martial arts discipline. We’re delighted to be collaborating with them for this campaign and encouraging kids to channel their energy for good inside and outside of class.”

As well as giving away special edition belts to the 15 competition winners in the ‘Channel your energy for good’ competition, an additional 15 belts are up for grabs for Power Rangers fans on the brand’s 15th anniversary micro-site. Kids can log onto www.jetix.co.uk/powerrangers15 for a chance to win.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/arti...00010000000001 saw this on another board. and yes it is the one who kept on going back!
    Link is dead...
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura