Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Zhao Bao Tai Qi Quan

Thanks,

Esteban

Zhao Bao Taiji

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79lfEBj2Ohs

"The Zhaobao Taijiquan style shares has many similarities with Chen style Taijiquan, and this commonality is considered by the school to be the manifestation of influences introduced by a member of the famed Chen family- Chen Qingping. He created a style known as the "New Frame", which he taught to many disciples including He Zhaoyuan and Wu Yuxiang. The result of this influence means that the Zhaobao Taijiquan style is often considered by observers to simply be a recent off-shoot of the Chen style. But actually the style has a much longer history and retains many unique qualities based on traditional Taijiquan theory and practice, clearly differentiating it as a complete and separate system of practice."

Quote Originally Posted by kfson View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79lfEBj2Ohs

"The Zhaobao Taijiquan style shares has many similarities with Chen style Taijiquan, and this commonality is considered by the school to be the manifestation of influences introduced by a member of the famed Chen family- Chen Qingping. He created a style known as the "New Frame", which he taught to many disciples including He Zhaoyuan and Wu Yuxiang. The result of this influence means that the Zhaobao Taijiquan style is often considered by observers to simply be a recent off-shoot of the Chen style. But actually the style has a much longer history and retains many unique qualities based on traditional Taijiquan theory and practice, clearly differentiating it as a complete and separate system of practice."
    I do not believe it has a longer history but a unique one in that it was influenced by He style of the era. Keep in mind that Chen village was close by and as a result a Chen married into that village (zhaobao)and the He influenced introduced said transformation. The Chen individual came from Chenjiagou so Zhaobao cannot be older than Chemnjiagou family art.
    Just my objective view!

Quote Originally Posted by mawali View Post
    I do not believe it has a longer history but a unique one in that it was influenced by He style of the era. Keep in mind that Chen village was close by and as a result a Chen married into that village (zhaobao)and the He influenced introduced said transformation. The Chen individual came from Chenjiagou so Zhaobao cannot be older than Chemnjiagou family art.
    Just my objective view!
    Perhaps I am making a mistake, but what do you mean by He influencing Zhao Bao Tai Chi Chuan? (If that's what you are saying.) He Zhao Yuan was a student of Chen Qing Ping. He Style Tai Chi Chuan still uses the lineage of Zhao Bao (for example, most He Style practitioners nowadays are of the 12th-14th Generation of Zhao Bao) and is considered a branch of Zhao Bao.

Earlier influence on Zhao Bao TaiChiChuan

Chen Qing Ping, 7th Generation Zhao Bao, is said to have been influenced by Chen Tai Chi Chuan as he also learned Chen from Chen Youben (his Zhao Bao Teacher was 6th Generation Zhang Yian). But looking through my lineage I realized there is possibly an earlier influence. 4th Generation Zhao Bao, Chen Jiang Buo also learned Chen from Chen Zhengru.
    Of course it's all open to debate and of course to what degree there was influence is anyones guess but I was curious if anyone had heard this before?

Wait for our next issue, SteveGTKF

Our next cover story is on Zhaobao Taijiquan. That will be our Jan+Feb 2013, which will be available in early December. We just sent it to print yesterday. Subscribe now and this will be your first issue.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

That cover story just hit the newsstands

Zhao's Stronghold By Gene Ching with Gigi Oh (JAN+FEB 2013)

I hope it answers a few of your questions, or at least, makes clear why there's such ambiguity with Zhaobao history.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGTKF View Post
    Chen Qing Ping, 7th Generation Zhao Bao, is said to have been influenced by Chen Tai Chi Chuan as he also learned Chen from Chen Youben (his Zhao Bao Teacher was 6th Generation Zhang Yian). But looking through my lineage I realized there is possibly an earlier influence. 4th Generation Zhao Bao, Chen Jiang Buo also learned Chen from Chen Zhengru.
    Of course it's all open to debate and of course to what degree there was influence is anyones guess but I was curious if anyone had heard this before?
    I am only saying that Zhaobao is Chen family style with some X factors added. It can still be seen in exposition as Chen. Zhaobao is the next village over from Chenjiagou os they do share a heritage. As to the extent of what is termend He style, I am ignorant but it is alleged to be part and parcel 'addition' (extent unknow to me) but it does give Chenjiagou a different 'look'.

I will look forward to the article in the Jan-Feb 2013 article by Gene Ching!
    Thank you sir!

Here's the cover story - free access!

Zhao's Stronghold by Gene Ching with Gigi Oh. Omitted from the online version is a lineage chart and Master Wayne Peng's contact info, which was www.usataichikungfu.com at the time of publication, but for some reason was changed to www.zhaobaotaichi.com without rerouting the original web address.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

GM Live 2017: Wayne Peng Wen

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips