Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jow that is safe to drink?

well when it comes to the bottle of kombucha, once its finished im moving back to my oolong and ginseng tea.

Craig

I can't believe this thread has got any serious replies. You should try the photographer phist phite thread!

What's 'kombucha'? The only kombucha I know is Japanese, made of kombu (kelp) seaweed.

Heres a bit about it from a leaflet I have.

''Kombucha tea has been drunk for at least 2000 years and dates back to the Chinese Tsin Dynasty of 221 BC in Manchuria where the emperors believed it to be a sacred medicine, referring to it as 'the elixir of long life'.

Kombucha tea is a fermented and oxidised fusion of tea and metabolised by kombucha culture: a continuously reproducing colony of friendly bacteria and split or fission yeasts, healthy acids, enzymes, vitamins and minerals.''

Basically of what I know it uses a type of green tea, different plant roots and mine is also mixed with ginger.

craig

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    I have a jow that I think is safe, but I have to check the ingredients. 98% of the ingredients are in our internal formula too. I am not sure about Psuedoginseng and Dragon's Blood only. Psuedoginseng is used as a topical anti-inflamatory to reduce swelling I think. Dragon's Blood stimulates circulation and is part of the formula that dispells bruising.

If you can take Those two internally, then you can drink our formula.
    i was given one to quaff. it did have Psuedoginseng in it. but i'm not sure of dragon's blood. it had a dirty water color. i made a kind of gravy to go over chicken out of it. sifu thinks it saved my life from him on a number of occasions...

I've had some black zambuka the other day and though maybe jow taste the same.

Quote Originally Posted by YuanZhideDiZhen
    okay, wisea55. we all know you're into that canadian weed herbalism cr4p. isn't that snake oil? or is it some exotic weed-root extract that has an oriental sounding AD&D name?
    lol. Sorry, but the colloquial names are usually the ones i use. it is dried sap as stated.

Kombucha mushroom tea has shown some real promise. You can grow your own mushrooms after you get the first one, they are self propogating in the solution they are grown in. There are a lot of properties to this tea that are not fully understood yet, but it has shown definite healing properties for several types of maladies.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Yes I know. wild murshrooms has really hip properties.

like anything else be VERY careful when you are GROWING anything yourself. Make sure to STERILIZE your containers well or you will be drinking something that can harm you.

Im allergic to Kombucha, as its a fungus/mold that doesnt like my immune system. Oh well, Ill stick to Dong Chong Choe. Cooler to drink a tea made from bugs than drinnk some nasty old sock mold anyday, lol...

Kombucha is not bad for some, but be careful saying its great for all.

Dale
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Agreed, I would say this is true of anything you use for medicinal purposes.

Be certain that it will not affect you negatively.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

There is both internal and external jow. I know a local traditional chinese medicine practitioner and he has given me internal jow before in a pill form for injuries.
    http://www.wingchunusa.com

Sao gerk seung siu, mo jit jiu - Hands and feet defend accordingly, there are no secret or unstoppable maneuvers.
    -Yip Man

Speaking of all of this, I just ordered a medicinal wine herb pack called "stone warrior" from ShenMartialarts. I'd like to try it, but to my dismay, one of the ingredients is dried gecko. I know that's it's supposed to acta as a kidney tonifier and it's also supposed to help with sexual disfunction. Anyhow, the wine is for strength training, so I'm guessing the gecko is supposed to support testosterone production.

The problem I have, is that as a vegetarian I've got an ethical objection to killing a gecko so I can get stronger. Does anyone think it'd be alright to just use the herb pack after taking the gecko out (it wouldn't be hard, as it's quite obviously a big ol' dried lizard)?

you can take it out, but its a very very potent part of formulae. Its an animale form of ginseng. You could substitute with Dong Cho Choe, Cordyceps, which is a small mushroom grown on a catepillar, though you can get veggie safe cordyceps if you look around.

Dale
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Or you could just use it so the poor animal did not die in vain, and just
    know not to use that stuff again.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

what about wild murshrooms like truffles?

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson
    Kombucha mushroom tea has shown some real promise. You can grow your own mushrooms after you get the first one, they are self propogating in the solution they are grown in. There are a lot of properties to this tea that are not fully understood yet, but it has shown definite healing properties for several types of maladies.
    we can get that as a brain emusifier down here: just add hot water and watch your victim drink himself into a coma. it's actually a cholesterol/blood sludge emulsifier. some poor guy made some too strong and drank too much. he really did liquify part of his greymatter. so be careful with that thing.