Thread: Guang Ping

Guang Ping

Does anyone have any good resources to supplement personal instruction for the purpose of general interest, historical value and comparative studies of Guang Ping instruction from various instructors.

Any knowledge of:

Peter Kwok's Guang Ping Products

Marilyn Cooper's Guang Ping Yang Tai Chi Long Form

China Hand Kung Fu Academy's products & online academy

I've ordered Kuo's books, any others (websites, videos, books etc0??

All you need is practice

I'm learning the style myself, It really puts the Yang short form in perspective. GP is so amazing. I study under Gary Torres in Tampa, I know Cooper personally , she's **** good herself. I've also chilled with David Chin, he's cool, we were drinking at the Gaylord hotel in Orlando after the presentation at the International Kung Fu Competition, are you going next year. I cant wait to win a gold.

cultivatechi.com

to buy the videos… none convinced me… I learned the GuangPing with an unknown Master and who was friendly with Kuo… it was more convincing

you can.....

visit my site on Guang Ping and hopefully there is something of interest. I highly recommend Guttman's book on Master Kuo's "Taichi chronicles."
    http://www2.gol.com/users/ddh/

Guang Ping in FL

I personally know of a gentleman, Jerry Vallo, in Seminole FL who is affiliated with Peter Kwok's Kung Fu Academy under Master Randy Elia. If anyone is interested to contact him about Guang Ping:
    kjvallo@gmail.com

or there is a link to his site through Peter kwoks KF academy site

Last edited by LaoShu; 11-29-2006 at 09:14 AM.

Also Master Henry Look in Rancho Cordova, CA.
    John

Have little and gain;
    Have much and be confused.

don't mean to hijack the thread, but what are the differences between traditional yang and guang ping?
    Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po
    You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.

cjurakpt Guest
    two fo YLC's students, the Mo brothers, tried to find out where he got his stuff, and one of them was on his way to Chen village when he bumped into a guy in Gunag Ping who was a Chen guy teaching a "newer" Chen form, so he combined that with what he learned from YLC etc. - at least that's my understanding, i could be wrong; so, it
    is pre YCF deletions / changes