Thread: Bodyfat scales.

Question Bodyfat scales.

My woman has just bought us a set of scales which say they measure bodyfat and organ fat content. Is this for real?

Sounds dubious to me.

You programme them with your age and height, stand on them and hold a touchpad sensor at shoulder height parallel to the floor, and apparently it passes a very gentle current through you that you can't feel.

A load of old pish or what?

I have one. The scale part is nice. It says my bf% is 19, which is obviously wrong if you've ever seen my pics (I'm like 8-10%).

I hear that the better ones have an "athlete" mode. Mine does not.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

We use one in class when we are preparing for an event.

We have had a guy checked with the scales, then checked with properly calipers and the two readings were the same.

Im sure if you have the body proportions of a freak, like IronFist, you can mess the readings up.
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

Get some calipers instead. Cheap ones are like $20 and are recognised as the most accurate method (for home measuring that is).
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo