Thread: where to get 60's/70's kung fu movies?

where to get 60's/70's kung fu movies?

I searched all over the net and Ebay and cannot find an accurate listing of all the kung fu/karate/sword movies of the 60's and 70's. The reason I am looking for all of those movies ever made is because my favorite and close Uncle used to take me to those movies when I was a child [born in 1962], he passed away a few years ago and I would like to purchase the videos or DVD's of those films that we saw together, I can't remember the names of all of them off-hand but if I see a listing of the films, I will remember most of them.
    Can anyone provide any links/leads to where I might be able to get a listing of all of those movies that were made in the 60's and 70's please? Thanks.

Hey Masterkiller, thanks a MILLION for this link, will look through all of them on that site, in the meantime, if anyone else has any other links, PLEASE send them my way. Just a note, I believe that I have looked at every forum over the net that deals with KF movies and was very surprised that most people only seem to mention Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan, the main guys I remember as a child are guys like Jimmy Wang YU, Chen Sing, Yasauki Kurata, Kam Kong, Silver Fox and well, Big Bolo of course. Strange how I never came across these names [with the exception of Wang Yu and Bolo] on any of those forums?
    One the films I best remember that I would love to get was named "Blind Boxer", if anyone knows of this film in particular and knows where I can get it, please inform me, thanks.

Here's a great site with movie reviews and links to where you can buy.

http://www.kungfucinema.com/
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

HK Flix

I prefer Yesasia as well, but

http://www.hkflix.com

is another website that carries martial arts cinema - there are shaw bros. movies, but not sure what else you may be looking for.

regards,

~annibelle

Appreciate the links guys but they have turned up empty, I don't why I can't get even any "info" on the guys I mentioned except for Bruce Lee and Bolo, I just joined a forum in China itself, hopefully I'll get something there, thanks.

www.kungfumovies.com or www.kungfumovies.net

i cant remember the url. i bought stuff off them in the past at tournaments and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

hey mike..

you will find plenty of Wang Yu movies on yesasia.com Click on the SB logo (Shaw Brothers) if you have an all region dvd player you can see the digitally remastered versions of the classics... I am building my library right now, and its great to see the classics in such great quality, looks like they were filmed last week...

They have greats like: Chan Koon Tai, Wang Yu, Dik Lung, Alex Fu Sheng, David Chiang, Low Mon, Lau Ga Leung (Liu Chia Liang), Lau Ga Wing, Gordon Liu and so many others...

If you want some good ones check out: Challenge of the Masters, Executioners of Shaolin, Shaolin Mantis to start... but there are so many...

Joe

@Shaolinlueb, kungfumovies.net is the correct address, searched the net after seeing your post and found it, many thanks!

@Sowchoy, appreciate the help but I can get Wang Yu even on Ebay, also Bruce Lee, Silver Fox and Bolo, what I can't get anywhere is even any "info" on these guys: Chen Sing, Yasauki Kurata and Kam Kong. I am still waiting on an activation email for that site I mentioned in China, hopefully I will get some news soon, here is the site if anyone else is interested

http://www.cinefo.com/forum/index.php

well, I've made a lot of progress thanks to everyone on the various forums including this one, I have found the films by the stars I was inquiring about except for that one film "Blind Boxer", I have tried all links to places that sells movies but no luck, if anyone could provide any leads to help me find this movie, it will be appreciated, thanks.