Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hypnosis and martial arts

hypnosis and martial arts

I have been playing with many ideas over my martial arts training that have included NLP and self hypnosis.

I came across a site that does a hypnosis Mp3 download to improve your martial arts training. www.hypnosisdirect.com

has anyone had any experince of this site or indeed hypnosis and thier training.

Just wondered from several perpspectives, from motivation to actual improving technique.

regards,

P

I tried hypnosis to improve my martial arts one, but all it did was bring back repressed alien abduction memories....
    I think, therefore I am awake!

It's easier to learn to do it now and maintain it in old age than to try and learn it in old age.

The world is my oyster.....Unfortunately I'm vegtarian.

I know one instuctor who throws people by what I would call a kind of hypnosis. Her confidence and age lull you into thinking she is a "master" and you should fall for her.

I went to an amazing reveen show once. He couldn't hypnotize me so i had to get off the stage.

anyway, hypnosis is something that can be used, or not, I wouldn't put it up there with must have components to martial arts.

Jedi mind tricks don't work on the real bad asses.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

hypnosis works by changing what you believe is possible. the impossible becomes possible

Quote Originally Posted by Vasquez
    hypnosis works by changing what you believe is possible. the impossible becomes possible

not true. For instance, you cannot have someone do something they wouldn't normally be willing to do while in a state of hypnosis.

The impossible shall forever remain the impossible by merit of it's impossibility. IE: we cannot fly without contraptions that allow us to do so, we can't breath underwater, we can't stop bullets with chi, and so on. These are impossibilities that can not be overcome by sheer thought and will.

better to study physics. the return on your investment will be much greater.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson
    not true. For instance, you cannot have someone do something they wouldn't normally be willing to do while in a state of hypnosis.
    That's wrong. Hypnosis was invented as a way of controlling a person even beyond their own will. In hypnosis, you surpass your subjects conscious mind and command his or her sub-conscious mind. In a way your conscious layer almost becomes your subjects conscious layer.

You might be thinking of Sophrology, however. It's often regarded as a "safer hypnosis" since the subject is still conscious during the session.

The impossible shall forever remain the impossible by merit of it's impossibility. IE: we cannot fly without contraptions that allow us to do so, we can't breath underwater, we can't stop bullets with chi, and so on. These are impossibilities that can not be overcome by sheer thought and will.
    Ok.

better to study physics. the return on your investment will be much greater.
    But what if you believe you cannot do physics? This is where hypnosis and sophrology really shines.
    Last edited by HearWa; 08-23-2005 at 06:37 AM.

yes we can, the mind can overcome matter. matter doesn't matter when you have good mind control thats what sifu says.

Quote Originally Posted by HearWa
    That's wrong. Hypnosis was invented as a way of controlling a person even beyond their own will. In hypnosis, you surpass your subjects conscious mind and command his or her sub-conscious mind. In a way your conscious layer almost becomes your subjects conscious layer.

You might be thinking of Sophrology, however. It's often regarded as a "safer hypnosis" since the subject is still conscious during the session.

Ok.

But what if you believe you cannot do physics? This is where hypnosis and sophrology really shines.
    You cannot control someone who is not willing to do what you want them to do. At least not through hypnosis. Gun to the head and/or kidnapping of family members has always proven to be more effective that way.

I understand where you're coming from, but I disagree that hypnosis has any legitimacy in respect to mind control beyond the will of the subject.

Kinda like levitation. no one can prove that either but it can be disproven and shown to be fraudulent time and again. Hypnosis doesn't get a lot of clout in psychology either. It is used to relax people and to help them become less inhibited and to open up, but you still can't make them do what they wouldn't be willing to do in the first place.

and so, I disagree with the manchurian candidate hypothesis on the matter.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

interesting points.

although I was more thinking along the lines of improving your physical techniques or motivation to get better in a certain area of training rather than any chi argument.

P

I think you could deffinately improve motivation through hypnosis. you already want to, you just dont feel you have the drive to act on your desire, a little push down the stairs can get things rolling.

I remember reading an account of of: The Holographic Universe, by Michael Talbot.

He was at a friend's birthday party. They had hired a well known hypnotist to be the entertainment. One of the tricks the hypnotist performed was very interesting. The person being hypnotised was the birthday guys daughter. She was placed in a chair, and hypnotised to not be able to see her father. The father being placed right in front of her was in between her and the hypnotist. They hypnotist then took off his watch and placed it in the small of her fathers back. When asked to describe the item he held, she was able to do so with descriptive accuracy.

The question remains; did the daughter and hypnotist set up the father, or is the mind truly more powerfull than we think? Many of our "scientific facts" are constantly evolving, changing, or being dis proven. How much do we actually KNOW about our universe and reality?
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    so according to this last post, you can hypnotize me to see through women's clothing? Neat!

lol, essentially yes.

if only i could learn how, i would open up shop. think the state would restrict my practices?
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

We see what we choose to see. That's why if you believe in chi it exist and works for you. can let you do things that physics would disallow. this is because you're not operating under the same physical laws anymore.

we all operate under the same physical laws. Don't believe me? Have yourself hypnotized into believing bullets can't hurt you, then have someone shoot you. Maybe in the foot to match the other side. (read more on the boxer rebellion maybe?)

the party trick is just that, a party trick. Magicians often use accomplices, twins, informants and setups to get the game into gear. That's the nature of that business.

Magicians still astound people despite the fact that the audience willingly suspends their own disbelief.

The bigger question for me is why do people do this? Could it be that their ****genized boring same day in and day out lives demand that there be something different? something magical? as opposed to the often harsh realities of life that are really what is there? I can travel from Eastern Canada to the western United states without seeing any real differences in people, or cultural icons, theres macdonalds and walmarts dotting the landscape, people are wearing the same clothes here as there, we use the same technologies, eat the same foods and watch the same tv shows and listen to teh same songs on the radio. Enough of this and you will yearn for something mystical. Sadly, it is not there but your yearning for it will not cease. Be happy in knowing that it will not always be so.
    Kung Fu is good for you.