Thread: Kettlebells

Hybrid View

Kettlebells

Hello Everyone,

I am interested if anyone is using Kettlebells as part of their training. I just recently started looking into these as a training tool. Are they as effective as they sound? I am also having trouble finding somewhere to get one from in Ontario Canada. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

they are very effective but you need instruction to be able to perform the exercises properly. It also takes about a month of practice to really get going with them. I suggest you introduce yourself over at http://forum.dragondoor.com

if you have any KF -specific questions, go ahead and ask them here. -FJ

Bat,

I am glad to see people interest in kettlebell training. I have used dragondoor's
    kettllebells in the past with good results. In the future (three months from now) I will cycle them with my CST when I am off my current training cycle. I am planning to earn my master of sport in ICS (International Clubbell Sport). In my opinion, Pavel's Kettlebells and methodology is top notch. Beware of wantabees Kettlebell companies who have copied the success of Pavel. In the end, Kettlebells are indeed effective and fun. If you are a martial artist then you find that KBs are great tool for Sport Specific Preparedness phase of your program design. It is worth the investment and can become very addictive once you get some serious work behind it. FaJing already given some information on where you can get your
    KBs. I wish you much success on your goals. If you have questions, we are here to help you.

Yours in CST,
    Bao
    Last edited by FooFighter; 08-23-2005 at 04:34 PM.
    Bao Tran, Certified CST Coach
    www.cstwarrior.typepad.com
    Your Success is our Success

Excellent

thanks for the replies. they sound exactly what i am looking for. what is CST? i am very interested in learning other strength training ways that dont involve pumping weights at the gym. i did the whole weightlifter thing for years and now i am searching for methods that utilize multiple muscle groups together (instead of isolating specific muscles like a bicep curl). I want something that compliments my kungfu not detracts from it. There is a statement on that website somewhere about the fat burning potential of the Kettlebells being amazing, that is uses Panaerobic (i think that was the term), i am not entirely sure what that is (i only know aerobic and anerobic).

Thanks again!!!

Bat, dragondoor is a great place for information but I wouldn't buy a kettlebell from them. They are just too expensive. Here are two other places where you can get kettlebells for almost half the cost of Dragondoor.

GILL Athletics

Everything Track and Field

Here's a place where you can get information on Kettlebell exercises. Of course, nothing beats getting good one one instruction. Bodybuilding.com

Good luck
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Source for Kettlebells in Canada

Visit

http://www.superherostrength.com/pages/1/index.htm

which boasts "Our kettlebells are made in Ontario"

Best of luck with your training...

The flat handle design shown in the last link is not good, IMO