Thread: Hand conditioning

Hybrid View

Hand conditioning

How do you condition your hands? sand bag -> hot water -> gravel bag -> tree trunk-> concrete / marble

mung bean bag for palm/back/knife/heel

heavy bag for 'other'
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I don't condition my hands anymore. I just do Qi Gong now.

When I did though, I used a canvas bag filled with Mung beans for the top and palm and knife edge of my hand as well as striking it wiht finger tips and knuckles.

I used a concrete cylinder to strike the bone Karate guys allways use to break things, and the other side of my hand.

I was useing sand buckets for a while, enough to see "Some" forward progress, but not enough to develop any special, or noticable skill.

I blew a hole in a cinder bock wall with a palm strike once though, so I know my methods work.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I use a bag of steel shot to train my iron palm.

I have other various sized bags to train my claws, by grabbing bags I toss up as well as play catch with a partner.

I also train my grip strength as your hands will love you for it.

I use COC(Captains of Crush) grippers as well as plate loading grip machine to blast my lower arms.

I still train my iron palm, though I seem to gravitate toward more qi gong like Royal Dragon, maybe thats a natural progression.

Dale
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

The gongs and jows used in this type of training have a definite effect.
    I have always used them in tandem with conditioning.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I have also found that wrist training for Chin Na is a great cool down after iron hand work. I used to do the solo exercises normally, but I'm sure the partner work would be even better.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a