so i sparred today. with my sei hing from wing chun, and..well i got my arse kicked.
i need help... my SH was saying that i was throwing too many ''1 2 3'' combination punches, then stepping out. He said that won't win fights. He was saying once i'm in (range) i need to punch punch punch,, (and god that's nacaring!).......but, i had one problem. He has a much longer reach adv. than me, and we weren't doing legs at all, some clinch work, but basically all fists and stand up sparring....so what do i do? usually people in this situation would leg kick to stay out of range but still do damage...however, without us using legs right now in our sparring (because most of us are not familiar with low and body leg kicks), how can i use just fists to get in range, then stay there?
i know it's a bit of an odd question, but you can imagine, i go in with a jab, then a right, (and at this point i might just be in range) but then either get clobbered back, or i become the one getting chain punched continuosly because i'm in his range....does that make sense?
are there effective punch combo's that i can do in range, because right now all i know is jab with left, then in on right straight then a left hook, and then i seem to run out of options......??
cool, well make you what you can of the questions and any help would be much appreciated..
cheers
hza