Thread: Chicago Guys!! Dog needs home NOW!!

Chicago Guys!! Dog needs home NOW!!

My nieghbor just lost a domestic violence case against her ex. he's getting out of jail sometime next week so she up and left the state this weekend. She left me her dog, but I am SERIOUSLY allergic to it.

Right now he is still in her empty apartment, and I am taking care of him, but her rent is only paid untill the 31st.

I need help placeing him somewhere ASAP! or he's going to the humane society. He's a bit nippy, difficult at first and needs a bit of time to warm up to people. The humane society already told me he would probably be put to sleep because of that. They only adopt out dogs who are freindly at first contact. Once hes warmed up though, he is very freindly and loveable!

I need help here, does anyone know of someone, or would be willing to take him??

He is a 4 year old American Escimoe. He's a pure bred, but she does not know where the papers are (I'm sure AKC or whatever would have the copies)

He's a horribl guard dog, but a great burgler alarm.

Any help would be GREATLY appeicated.

RD
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

http://www.heartbandits.com/pages/chapters.html#IL

This is an American Eskimo Dog Rescue association. They have a contact in Wheeling.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Cool!!, Thank You!!

I didn't know there was anything outside of the humane society. I'm not big on animals myself. I love them, but allergies have allways prevented me from haveing furry pets, so I really don't know what to do here.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

You're welcome. Ever since she retired, my mother has devoted herself to dog rescue pretty much full time, so I'm pretty aware that there are lots of organizations all over the country dedicated to helping with this kind of situation. I just googled this group up, I don't know anything about them first-hand or even second hand. Be aware, though: most of them have more animals than resources. These are generally very compassionate, dedicated people, but they're stretched awfully thin. If you can take allegra or something and help out by fostering the pup for a while, that's going to be an important first step in rescuing him, cause these things do take some time.

I hope that working together you can save this critter's hide.
    Last edited by Chang Style Novice; 08-27-2005 at 07:00 PM.
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

Yeah, I hope he can be saved too. I don't have the heart to bring him to the humane society. They will put him to sleep pretty quick from what they were telling me. I don't know what I will do if forced to do that.

Poor dog misses his mommy, and does not even know how much trouble he is in.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I don't know if you saw my edit so I'll say it again. If medication can keep your allergies under control for a little while, you can buy him some time by keeping him yourself for a bit next month.

Maybe you'll be saving a life, right?
    Crippled Avenger

I can't risk an asthma attack on that level. I'm the only adult in the house, I don't have an inhaler anymore because I religiously avoid anything that would trigger an attack, and I am SEVERLY allergic to this perticular dog. I'm suffering every time I go next door to care for him as it is.

My daughter has a mom, but she is not responsible enough to perminantly care for her. I'm it, and at 15 shes not ready to go it alone yet.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    My nieghbor just lost a domestic violence case against her ex. he's getting out of jail sometime next week so she up and left the state this weekend. She left me her dog, but I am SERIOUSLY allergic to it.

Right now he is still in her empty apartment, and I am taking care of him, but her rent is only paid untill the 31st.

I need help placeing him somewhere ASAP! or he's going to the humane society. He's a bit nippy, difficult at first and needs a bit of time to warm up to people. The humane society already told me he would probably be put to sleep because of that. They only adopt out dogs who are freindly at first contact. Once hes warmed up though, he is very freindly and loveable!

I need help here, does anyone know of someone, or would be willing to take him??

He is a 4 year old American Escimoe. He's a pure bred, but she does not know where the papers are (I'm sure AKC or whatever would have the copies)

He's a horribl guard dog, but a great burgler alarm.

Any help would be GREATLY appeicated.

RD
    The AKC would probably not have any record of him unless papers were filed, or you know of the dog's parents and/or breeders. I am by no means an expert on this matter, but have adopted a dog, and currently own an AKC doberman, whose papers I have never filed.

But judging upon his breed, there are sure to be message boards who could give you much more accurate info than most of us. All I can say is this is a Northern breed, whom should be kept up north. That may seem elementary, but I have seen Huskies really suffer here in the south.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Well, that would explain why he won't stay outside long in summer, but he will romp in the snow for hours in winter.

As a Northern breed my guess is Long fist would suit him best?

Jokeing aside, I may have someone comming over today to evaluate him for a rescue group!!

For the Women:

+ = & a

no kill shelters in chicago

the humane society is probably not the most humane thing to do anymore. They put to sleep a lot of animals because they don't have space for them. there are no kill shelters however that for some reason do not follow this model that the humane society uses. go figure.

anyway, here's some links to get you started.

http://www.furryfriendsfoundation.com/index.php4

http://www.treehouseanimals.org/

this one lists pretty much all of them: http://www.pacthumanesociety.org/shelters.htm

RD, you really gotta get that google thing down.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I know, I know, but who would have thought entire organasations exist to rescue cute, white, fuffy dogs? I thought maybe someone who lives near here would know a girl who would be all sorry feeling for him and all and help set it up.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Any news, RD?
    Crippled Avenger

Sorry, if we had a house I'd take it but we have an apartment and I don't think our 3-pound Pom could co-exist with it. Am Esk is a good looking breed though.

Ok, I had a guy from an Eski rescue group come to evaluate him to night. Nikko did really well, and was very freindly and loveable!! Which is weird for him because he's normally really scared, and skidish around new people, especially males.

The guy from the rescue place is going to be taking him tomorrow!!

So all is well, but GOD we are doing this at the 11th hour!!

For the Women:

+ = & a

Thumbs up

Great news! Congratulations to you both.
    Crippled Avenger