Thread: CLF Gung Ji Fook Fu Kuen

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com

CLF Gung Ji Fook Fu Kuen

There was mention of this on another post, can't find it, but nonetheless..
    Tell me about this set. It is a Chan Family set? Which schools perform it? Is there any vids of this, and if not, but you do this set could you please send me a vid of this?
    How is it the same? How is it different-I know it is CLFized, but how and where? Which sections remain the same, which were changed?

As far as I know only schools from Chan Wing Fat/Chan Yong Fa in Australia do this set. He is the great, great grandson of Chan Hueng. Never seen it and no nothing about it other than it is considered a primary level form.
    Last edited by CLFNole; 08-30-2005 at 04:22 PM.

The club I train at also has this set, I don't know if its an original CLF set as Sifu and Sigung both at one time studied Hung Gar. But as far as the set goes, its long hard and exhausting.
    One of my Sihing's practises the set as soon as he gets out of bed every morning, and man is he strong.
    A wise man knows, that to know is to know that to know is not to know

However, we must take into accounts at times name overlap, but not being the same in nature. For example, hongquan has a lu (way) that contains the phrasing "covering the tiger" (fuh fu/fuhu); however, yingzhaoquan, also has a lu with the same phrasing, but they aren’t the same in posture per say, but do possess a similar under line theory, i.e., sinking down the dantain.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    point well taken, Mulong. Just as there are many Moi Fa Kuen sets. But this has actually been described as a CLF-ized version of the Hung Kuen set.