Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Katrina devastated the south, gas 6 $ a gallon

my opinion of it is pretty simple.

i dont think the government was unprepared. i wonder if they didnt just assess this situation and make some judgment calls on what they felt specific human life was worth. i dont know if its a black thing, i dont think the situation would have been much different had it been a trailer park needing help, i just think that poorer people are worth less in the governments eyes. they simply were not worth the money or effort to act any faster than they did.

i dont know if all the details and arguing in the world could convince me otherwise.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
    i dont know if all the details and arguing in the world could convince me otherwise.
    It is good to see you are so strong in your convictions.

GDA ur wacked!!

Seriously, helping is good PR that ANY politition could use!! Who would want to get caught dropping the ball on this? Surely even pure selfish political greed would overshadow any sort of percived "Value" a government official might, or might not have for tyhe people. No matter what the income, to a politition people have alot of value, especially in a situation like this.

No, this is gross ineptinisum, and total bumbling incompetance plain and simple.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

"It's pretty sad when people loose faith in their leadership."

Yes and no Chief Fox. I pretty much don't trust any government, no matter how good. The duty of a citizen is to 'trust but verify'. Remember, government is the number 1 cause of human death and suffering worldwide and historically. People in the West forget because of the explosion of wealth over the past 150 years.

The reason GWB did not take the presidential stance and assume all blame should be obvious. Fools like Kennedy, Pelosi, Dean, et al have been crying for years that GWB should admit his 'mistakes.' Without anything really subsyantial to back up thier desire. It reminds me a tremondously of te show trials under Stalin and the Cultural Revolution where 'imperialist running dogs' needed to 'confess' thier sins. Of course, the dems haven't killed anybody with death squads yet, but as they get more shrill, I'm wondering how log it will be before they start killing people. Hey, the Clinton's had an enemies list, if I was on that list I'd start looking over my shoulder...

There isn't a shred of proof that people where abandonded because they were black. This is an specious, vile argument.

Where they ignored because they were poor, or were they let down by a corrupt local government?

My money is on the latter... I think the facts, and not shrill whining and rending of garments won't change the facts.

Seven Star - brother, that's good news. You continue to impress. Did you check my buddies CD?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

lol yea its a democratic conspiracy.

i can't wait for the stories about how they commissioned scientists to create the hurricane just to accuse the president of incompetence.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Looking for his or her family:

where?

Greetings..

This is not a "political" issue or a "party" (Dem/Rep) issue.. it's a broken system, run by a broken leader (regardless of the Party).. If Clinton had bungled this i would have felt exactly the same.. Americans died while leaders bickered over red-tape responsibilities.. no one had the balls to take action.. not until agonized faces pleaded for help on national news.. then, their approval ratings suffered and their idea of an emergency emerged (what could be worse than bad PR).. something got done then..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

ASPCA help pets to reunite with family.

helps

Quote Originally Posted by Shorin Ryuu
    It is good to see you are so strong in your convictions.
    im not saying that i would ignore facts to keep my convictions. it's just that so many "facts" get passed around the news and the internet that it's hard to know who to trust. combine that with the fact that im gullible and could easily be led to either side of the argument within 10 minutes and i've learned to be careful.

this is why i used the word "detials." everyone twists details into facts to support whatever opinion they want to support at that moment ... including me. for the most part i just try to stay out of it all.

i've seen whats happened and thought about it ... i got no more than a gut feeling the governemnt could have done more if they wanted and it dont think it was a race thing. i could be 100% wrong and im ok with that.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySlap Too
    Of course, the dems haven't killed anybody with death squads yet, but as they get more shrill, I'm wondering how log it will be before they start killing people. Hey, the Clinton's had an enemies list, if I was on that list I'd start looking over my shoulder...

There isn't a shred of proof that people where abandonded because they were black. This is an specious, vile argument.

Where they ignored because they were poor, or were they let down by a corrupt local government?
    Three inter-related responses from one cause:

MS2, just wait until the SECOND perfect storm reaches N.O.: A snarling mass of pig-snouted Lawyers. You ain't seen nothing yet.

1] Your right about that being a specious, vile argument - which is exactly why it'll hold water [ahem] in court.

2] The Louisiana Dem Machine is dead now or will soon be, done in not by Republicans but by the very legal frameworks liberals worked so hard to establish. I want Edwards to lead the charge. LOL

3] WRT ignoring the poor & corruption: You're going to see a spotlight on the corruption like never before, but the poor won't see a dime of the settlement cash. SSDD
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

2000$ debit card per household.

news

click on FEMA and red cross handing out.

Beware of scam said by FBI

scam on internet

watch out for bogus international Red Cross.

risk of id theft.

Last edited by SPJ; 09-08-2005 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FuXnDajenariht
    lol yea its a democratic conspiracy.

i can't wait for the stories about how they commissioned scientists to create the hurricane just to accuse the president of incompetence.
    Who said it was a democratic conspiracy? What is being pointed out is they wasted no time in politicizing the issue (joined eagerly by the mainstream media). What this means is that the mainstream media has demonstrated its profound lack of knowledge of the federal government system, as have all the others that have latched on to the blame Bush bandwagon on this issue. Of course, most of them were already on long before this tragic stop occurred.

all levels of governement civic, state and federal should have been on teh ground and issuing aid on tuesday following the storm.

FEMA has undeniably got a goofball sitting at the head of it. Apparently, he didn't know there was trouble until thursday. This is from Brown "your doing a great job".

Lol, also, "People who don't want to play the "blame game" are usually the ones to blame".

The Hurrican came, the civic, state and federal government systems have been slow to respond appropriately to the task at hand.

Your system is dysfunctional in regards to handling emergencies and natural disasters. Time to take a look at that, but in the meantime, get these people's lives back in order. And get that city back up and running. Beads and Boobies is an institution for gawds sake!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

So wat's the waiting time for emergency surgery in Canada right now, 6 months?

Just kidding, I couldn't resist.

Guess I should be careful, there are Canadian warships off the coast of Louisiana. We might need to call the girl scouts to take care of it...

I better stop while I'm ahead here....

Seriously, I'm really happy to have Canadians on the ground, generally very nice and kind people, even if they are still serfs to a crown.

On the other hand I'm waiting to see how many of the Mexican soilders go awol to join the U.S....

Just having fun...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star