Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Katrina devastated the south, gas 6 $ a gallon

Wow.

From elsewhere on the web:

Must emphasize that following is for serious operators only. Amateurs need not apply.

Gary Jackson from Blackwater called today asking for help in recruiting security personnel to work in New Orleans. He needs 200 operators right away. Pay is $200.00/day, plus expenses. Transportation, per diem, lodging, and necessary equipment provided. No time to train. You need to be good to go when your feet hit the ground. It is a 14-day gig, which will probably be extended. Operators are to provide security for museums, critical infrastructure, and convoys.

Gary emphasized this is no job for amateurs. He needs ‘gun people’ who know how to ‘operate effectively.’

For those interested, Gary’s contact number at Blackwater is: 252 435 2488, ext 324.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

I've skimmed through most of these posts and see there is a lively discussion on whom to blame. I'm giving a link to a pretty insightful blog I read concerning "the blame". I agree with it; the blame goes back to every elected administration since Eisenhower. It was known this was commng for a long time.
    As far as the gang action - no, there is no excuse. But it is a class thing and you can't tell me it isn't. I spent some of my youth growing up in the rural South during the turbulent years of intergration, and before, and I can rest assure tell you that a white man is quite as capable of being just as animal like as a black man - given the right social, cultural, and economic situations. So what's the solution..... Buy more guns? Open more prisons? N.O. was never a safe city when you wandered out of the tourist areas (and sometimes even there); we always knew that.

http://www.wunderground.com/education/katrina.asp

http://billmon.org/archives/002120.html

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySlap Too
    Why is the left so emotional and whiney?
    What else are you supposed to do when the leadership majority is corrupt and inept?

All this bickering and blame-shifting, not a heart warming situation.
    If Global Warming and rising sea-level are even half right, then you guys better get your act together!

greetings..

If Global Warming and rising sea-level are even half right, then you guys better get your act together!
    Precisely.. determine who or what went wrong, and fix it.. start preparing for the next catastrophe..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

"What else are you supposed to do when the leadership majority is corrupt and inept?"

Vote them out - it's how we cleaned out the corrupt, inept, and entrenched in the house and senate - Newt Gingrich did a good job cleaning them out of there by setting a clear plan for reformation and delivering on it. The government in LA is corrupt anmd inept - vote them out and stop beleiving in thier idiotic nanny-state claims "Vote for me, and you'll get twinkies for life!"
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

'OOh that bad, bad GWB' - which I'm so sick of hearing everytime somebody ****s that I'll probably miss it when he does f@ck up. Why is the left so emotional and whiney? Can you imagine how bad it would be with John Kerry? We would probably surrendered La to the French...
    You're right dude, you will miss it, because he's f@cking up right now and you think people are just being emotional and whiney.

Good ol' George W. was at his ranch in Texas on a "working vacation" (whatever that is) for two days after Katrina hit. Hmmmmm. You can't really organize any kind of rescue efforts if you're sitting on you butt at a BBQ eating chicken.

FEMA did a study on this very event happening last year and discovered that a third of New Orleans would not be able to evacuate because they are just too poor. Katrina was a cat 5 for days before it hit. They knew this was going to happen!

The Director of FEMA said on TV that these people had a choice, they could evacuate or they could stay. Then he said that they chose not to evacuate. All the while knowing that the people couldn't evacuate in the first place.

This great new department that we have. You know the one. It's called Homeland Security. Well guess what. It's a total flop. Katrina is proof of that.

This isn't whining. This is the way things are and people are p!ssed off about it and you should be too.

As far as how John Kerry would have handled the situation goes. WHO CARES! The president is George Bush and he is F@CKING UP ROYALY. So wake up!
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

cant believe i made it through page 6.

sorry if this has been posted between 6 and whatever page this is.

foamy the squirl pretty much sums it up:
    http://www.yourdailymedia.com/media/1125664031
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Fox
    You're right dude, you will miss it, because he's f@cking up right now and you think people are just being emotional and whiney.

Good ol' George W. was at his ranch in Texas on a "working vacation" (whatever that is) for two days after Katrina hit. Hmmmmm. You can't really organize any kind of rescue efforts if you're sitting on you butt at a BBQ eating chicken.

FEMA did a study on this very event happening last year and discovered that a third of New Orleans would not be able to evacuate because they are just too poor. Katrina was a cat 5 for days before it hit. They knew this was going to happen!

The Director of FEMA said on TV that these people had a choice, they could evacuate or they could stay. Then he said that they chose not to evacuate. All the while knowing that the people couldn't evacuate in the first place.

This great new department that we have. You know the one. It's called Homeland Security. Well guess what. It's a total flop. Katrina is proof of that.

This isn't whining. This is the way things are and people are p!ssed off about it and you should be too.

As far as how John Kerry would have handled the situation goes. WHO CARES! The president is George Bush and he is F@CKING UP ROYALY. So wake up!
    right outa me mouth
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Fox

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...05/ltm.01.html

S. O'BRIEN: You're telling me the president told you the governor said she needed 24 hours to make a decision?

NAGIN: Yes.

S. O'BRIEN: Regarding what? Bringing troops in?

NAGIN: Whatever they had discussed. As far as what the -- I was abdicating a clear chain of command, so that we could get resources flowing in the right places.

S. O'BRIEN: And the governor said no.

NAGIN: She said that she needed 24 hours to make a decision. It would have been great if we could of left Air Force One, walked outside, and told the world that we had this all worked out. It didn't happen, and more people died.

**In other words, Blanco was still resisting federal control two days after Mayor Nagin was swearing at Bush on the radio for not having taken over yet.**

We haven't heard everything yet.
    -Thos. Zinn

-McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Fox, I don't think all the facts are out yet. It's amazing how people make such sweeping statements, often with no idea what FEMA is or how it works, the laws in place regarding these matters OR noticing you don't have the problems in areas just as hard hit in MS or AL -

Here's a clue - FEMA is not a first responder

Here's another clue - there was a plan in place in New Orleans - how come it wasn't followed by the local government?

I'm sure there are things the feds can do better, but I'm also just as sure that the real problem rests with the government in LA.

I've come to the conclusion that the official mascot of the Democratic party is the lemming.

As far as GWB working from home - get real. I do it all the time, and if anything, it frees me from the whining and crying of those who have never shouldered any real responsibility. So I can see why he prefers it.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

Here's another clue - there was a plan in place in New Orleans - how come it wasn't followed by the local government?
    It wasn't followed because the local and state government is incompetent and corrupt and they're trying to hide it by flinging blame around.

I'll back off on that and just say they were negligent IF someone can point out one thing: Where was the water stored for the evacuees?

That's just one little thing their plans called for. To have caches of water on hand for their own citizens in case of evacuation to shelters. So where is it? If it isn't there, what happened to the money that paid for it?
    -Thos. Zinn

-McGuffey's Reader

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Off topic:

Here is the link to the song;

song

Last edited by SPJ; 09-06-2005 at 08:39 PM.

Here's a clue - FEMA is not a first responder
    I know that FEMA isn't a first responder but what the he!! were they waiting for, a written invitation? I'm pretty sure that the people at FEMA knew that their guidance would be needed in this situation.
    I'm not sure, but here's a guess. Because it was totally freakin' destroyed!
    I'm sure there are things the feds can do better, but I'm also just as sure that the real problem rests with the government in LA.
    No doubt.
    I've come to the conclusion that the official mascot of the Democratic party is the lemming.
    Ok, and I like cheese, but neither apply here.
    As far as GWB working from home - get real. I do it all the time, and if anything, it frees me from the whining and crying of those who have never shouldered any real responsibility. So I can see why he prefers it.
    I work from home sometimes too. It works for people like you and I. But he's the president for crying out loud. And he's sitting at a BBQ 2 days after one of the biggest , if not the biggest, natural disasters to hit this country. The guy gets caught flat footed with a dumb look on his face too much.

I'm just p!ssed off man. Not at you, at this whole situation. And now everyone is playing the blame game. And good ol' George W. says this is unacceptable and he's gonna get to the bottom of this. So more blaming is on the way from him. What ever happened to "The buck stops here"?
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Last edited by SPJ; 09-07-2005 at 06:46 AM.