Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More Vid Clips

More Vid Clips

Here are some vid clips from the San Diego Wing Chun school.... Ho Kam Ming lineage:

http://www.sdwingchun.com/html/pictures.html

If anyone here has video clips to post I can make a link to them. Just email them to; wcvids@gmail.com
    Phil
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

You've all heard of Dead Man Walking right? Well, here's old man punching......
    http://www.sifupr.com/videos/Sbox1.MPG
    http://www.sifupr.com/videos/Sbox3.MPG
    Phil
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond
    You've all heard of Dead Man Walking right? Well, here's old man punching......
    http://www.sifupr.com/videos/Sbox1.MPG
    http://www.sifupr.com/videos/Sbox3.MPG
    Phil
    Hey, that's pretty cool. A guy working out in a gym lonestar with the music blasting. Pretty inspirational. Thanks for the clip. Is that you? Fast hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Fox
    Hey, that's pretty cool. A guy working out in a gym lonestar with the music blasting. Pretty inspirational. Thanks for the clip. Is that you? Fast hands.
    Yep, that's the young almost "60" me. (They can be lightened up. They're pretty dark)
    Phil
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Yep, that's the young almost "60" me. (They can be lightened up. They're pretty dark)
    Phil
    D@MN! Now I'm doubly inspired! Nice work!

You've all heard of Dead Man Walking right?
    Yeah, we've got a guy at work who's getting married this weekend.
    'Talk is cheap because there is an excess of supply over demand'

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix
    Yeah, we've got a guy at work who's getting married this weekend.
    That is wrong is so many ways
    Phil
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Redmond Sifu,

Thank you for sharing your clip. Your movements were beautiful. At your age and the way you move was impressive and beautiful. Truth is truth and you can hide ability if you want to with preconviced ideas of others. This is the first time I have seen a TWC sifu move the way you moved. TWC is lucky to have you representing them. What made your movement look different from the other TWC sifus that I have seen is that you had flow, grace, and proper timming. It looked like you didnt force your movements or copying anyone. It looked like you were naturally expressing your own breathing, movement, and structure. Once again, thank you.

Bao
    Last edited by FooFighter; 09-15-2005 at 08:51 AM.
    Bao Tran, Certified CST Coach
    www.cstwarrior.typepad.com
    Your Success is our Success

Still looking good for your age, keep up the good work. Another person that moves very fluent like that is my teacher Jerome runs a very tight gym out here in Toronto, i think he said he was at the last Cheung seminar that was held by one of your students so you may of met him. Other than that i haven't seen to many TWC instructors out here that resemble.

"This is the first time I have seen a TWC sifu move the way you moved. TWC is lucky to have you representing them. What made your movement look different from the other TWC sifus that I have seen is that you had flow, grace, and proper timming. It looked like you didnt force your movements or copying anyone. It looked like you were naturally expressing your own breathing, movement, and structure. Once again, thank you." (Bao Tran)

Tran:

You need to pm Phil Redmond and ask him how certain other TWC wing chun sifus "move" (since he knows some of them - and one in particular)...a lot longer than you do; and in fact he spent an entire weekend as recently as this past May and another Sunday in June working out with (and observing) one of them MOVE)...and in this manner you just might come to the conclusion that you have to rethink some of your erroneous conceptions about certain people...

or...

you can keep on deluding yourself and continue to occasionally spread a very subtle (and sometimes not-so-subtle) erroneous, biased, and self-serving opinion about the abilities of certain people - based upon your own overblown ego problems and your subsequent attempts to belittle other people as a means of trying to erase past memories of mistakes YOU made in your own behavior, assumptions, and judgments during the 9 months you once spent some 5-6 years ago at a certain TWC school.

I'm sure Phil Redmond would give you an honest assessment of someone he knows for close to 30 years - as he has spent many hours of the last 22 years in the same workout room as that particular person and has first-hand knowledge about that person's wing chun (and all-around fighting) skills.

In the meantime, have a nice day.
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 09-15-2005 at 05:51 PM.

Victor,

Not this again?!!! Please do not start a fight with me. It is not my intention to play verbal judo. It is not my intention in bring up the past and start throwing mud at you. I have respected your space and do not mess with my space. I do not want any problems with you or anyone in general. I was being honest and was giving props when I see it. You couldn't let Redmond Sifu get his props without added your two cents about me.

I do not need to know how other TWC wing chun sifus "move". Why? Because my opinions doesnt matter. I saw something beautiful (Redmond's movements) and just wanted to express it and compare it to what I remember of younger TWC players. Here are some real FACTS: 1. I rarely post comments on this forum. 2. I am not a WC forum addict. 3. I do not live here and have no interest in trying to prove anything to anyone. Therefore, I have No HIDDEN or passive aggressive intentions, Victor. I am well respected person in many circles and I know myself. Thank you for your asessment about me, but you're wrong. Your mean spirited character attack on me is rude and meaningless. So for the love of God please stop "projecting" your past and feelings to what is. Furthermore, if you want me to tell you what I think of your ability, just ask me and I will give you a direct answer. (I am sure you don't care and wont ask.) I am sure you have improved and yada yada yada. It is not always about YOU, Victor. My comments about REDMOND sifu was about REDMOND sifu and not about YOU. Write about my ego problems???! (LOL) Once again, I have nothing against anyone in TWC or any systems. If you are implying that I should ask Redmond Sifu's opinion about you for example, then I am not particularly interested. All in all, peace out and please dont waste your energies on me. I hate wasting my time and energy explaining things to you in return. Let us go back to our corner and never see each other again.

Peace,
    Bao

Not this again is exactly how I feel about your perpetual two-faced attitude of always speaking out of both sides of your mouth to suit the convenience (or the hostile impulses) of the moment.

But I have no intention of going back-and-forth with you on this...

as I suspect that Phil Redmond himself will have the definitive word on this once he reads (right through) your self serving, false-prideful and phoney a55-kissing remarks.
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 09-15-2005 at 05:54 PM.

Victor,

Seriously, you need help. I am not a phoney and I am not a arse kisser. You are the one who using negative and offensive words. I simply gave a man a nice compliment and you go ape crap expecting that I have double motives and out to **** you off. Enough with this drama. I have no beef with Redmond Sifu and gave an honest opinion. I will go back and delete the comment if Redmond Sifu feel it is offensive and apology to him privately. Here is a friendly suggestion, Victor, if you want people to judge you not from your own past performance, then do the same for others. Sound logically and reasonable? FACT: I have also changed from the last when I was your student, I have matured, and I have also changed my mental outlook since we had our last PM man to man understanding. So please do not be disrespectful to me by attacking my character. I do not apprenicate that and wish you would stop that behavior. If you want to be critical and judgemental about me then judge my present abilities or my opinions which can improve over time, but not my character which is harder to change.

Bao TRan
    PS: If history is a judgement of a person, then you can search for all my posts the forums or do a search on me on the net: Bao Tran, CST and see if I have any beef with people. I do not have any enemies, Victor, and not a troll.
    Last edited by FooFighter; 09-15-2005 at 05:30 PM.

Victor, You've been around for a long time and you know what you're doing. Do like you advised me to do. If you think someone is baiting you or trying to talk trash about you ignore them. I've been following what you and others advised me to do in that matter.

FooFighter, thank you but everyone moves differently. It's the effectivness that really counts. Hopefully your post wasn't a slur against any individual. We've had enough of that mess here.
    Phil
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr