Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Origins of Wing Chun

My mate Steve's flat. I sleep on a sleeping bag on the floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by anerlich
    Your talents do not extend to history, by all indications.!
    Alright, when was the Battle of Waterloo? The Battle of Waterloo, fought on June 18, 1815, was Napoleon Bonaparte's last battle. The battlefield is in Belgium, about 12 miles SSE of the town of Waterloo, at 50°40?45? N 4°24?25? E. After his exile to Elba, he had reinstalled himself on the throne of France for a Hundred Days. During this time, the forces of the rest of Europe converged on him, commanded by United Kingdom's Duke of Wellington, and Prussia's Gebhard von Blücher. I knew all of that from memory.

As for Wing Chun, if you are claiming it doesn't have weapons (like katana and bo staff etc.) then I think this website might be interesting! http://www.wle.com/products/VPWCF.html

I could definately have you banned but I just don't want to as I have the spirit of the bushido.

"the swan is the power of the goose"

Hey MEGA_FIST, I must say I respect your Bushido ways.
    Since you have the power to ban your enemies (which I am not- please take note) and still doesn't...many hours of meditation and you just stay humble.

Great lesson right from Sifu Andy(grand master) I presume?
    "If we dont worry then nothing shall worry us, only then shall we be of sound mind"

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinWood
    Hey MEGA_FIST, I must say I respect your Bushido ways.
    Since you have the power to ban your enemies (which I am not- please take note) and still doesn't...many hours of meditation and you just stay humble.

Great lesson right from Sifu Andy(grand master) I presume?
    Thank you ShaolinWood. It is good to have a fellow martial brother. My mate Andy is thinking of setting up his own martial art actually based on Judo and Bojutsu. I know that many people can't understand the power of my skills but I tend to train about 5 hours a day so not suprising really.

I'm also really good at reading books and general cleverness really.

"Arigato" ShaolinWood.

by the way "Arigato" means "thank you" in Chinese as you didn't know those of you who are stupid.

"the tiger is the essence"

If you train 5 hrs a day how do you find time to rattle on here?
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

I train Katana technique 5-6, Judo throws kata 6-7, Judo kicking 7-8 and Hop Gar 8-9.

If you'd like some advice from me on how to train better then just ask- I'll tell you all you need.

"the man who has the immoratal power of the spiritual mind"

by the way "Arigato" means "thank you" in Chinese as you didn't know those of you who are stupid.
    Wow Jethro, I guess that is a Chinese word that came from Japanese just like Wing Chun came from Judo, huh? LOL!!

But then I was never smart enough to be a double-knot spy, a brain surgeon, AND an astronaut or soda jerk like you Jethro. Tell your Uncle Jed and Granny hi for me.

RFB
    Last edited by rfbrown3; 09-08-2005 at 12:44 PM.

Alright, when was the Battle of Waterloo?
    Why. were there Wing Chun judoka there?

As for Wing Chun, if you are claiming it doesn't have weapons
    Why would I claim such a thing? I never did.

I could definately have you banned
    LOL, prove it. If you can't, then you, Grandmaster Andy, John Takeshi 9th Dan and the WC megamaster he met in 1954 and had an amazing friendship with are all full of it.

but I just don't want to as I have the spirit of the bushido.
    I think you mean the spirit of the BULLshido.

Judo kicking
    LOL, you said earlier above that part of the evidence for the judo/WC link was that neither art had kicks (and you were wrong about WC).

So you must be doing sweet FA between 7 and 8 - that's where you find the time to pos on the forum, right?

by the way "Arigato" means "thank you" in Chinese
    LOL, it's Japanese, you d0rk, unless its some Chinese dialect other than Cantonese or Mandarin I've never heard of. Chinese pig-Latin, perhaps? or should that be pig-Cantonese or pig-Mandarin?
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by Mega_Fist
    "Arigato" ShaolinWood.

"

Either this guy is a bigger moron than Dave Mead, or he is sitting back and laughing his butt off because you guys are taking him even half way seriously.

Keith

yappari Mega_fist!
    "If we dont worry then nothing shall worry us, only then shall we be of sound mind"

Quote Originally Posted by JudoFist
    I agree with you Mega_fist and would like to start training with you. I'm glad someone knows the truth. You are really cool and I really want to train with you as you are clever (talking about Waterloo etc.) and really skillful at martial arts and judo etc. Well done
    Thank you very much, I'm very busy training and reading philosophy and science and literature but I'm sure you can train with me soon.

"the shaolin is the essence of the powerful"

Hey Megafist,

Maybe I can train with you too and you can teach me kung fu and stuff.
    Better yet, maybe you can teach me english and stuff too, because you study many different things.

Actually I must say this forum was very very very funny (could you please correct my english in the sentence Megafist).

While I was reading it, i had to make sure there was no hidden cameras, because I thought at any moment Ashton Kutcher was going to come out of nowhere and Punk me.

Oh well I must return to my training in the Chinese art of Samurai Ninjutsu with the traditional weapon the Nunchuka.

Thanks for a night of great laughter ( you should take this on the road )

I gotta say: I'm having a blast reading this thread.

I gotta get me a Wing Chun program where I can become a certified
    MEGAMASTER.

This 12-year-old is kicking back with his buddy's laffing at everything he's posting. I'm laffing too.

Peace,
    Kenton
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

If I was 12 would I know what drugs are? No. But I happen to have smoked before to impress my mates. Cogito Ergo Sum...I'm clearly not 12! Also "Cogito Ergo Sum" is from Descartes which I know LOADS about.

Just wondering what kind of chi you Wing Chunners practise?

"the crane is the essence of the spiritual" John Takeshi (Bojutsu Master)

Hey Jethro, ur uh excuse me, I mean Cliff Claven (see my explanation of this on the main forum), I think you may have smoked too much of something other than what they sell in retail stores, if you know what I mean!

RFB

I wasn't going to say anything.....but how come as I read this I keep seeing the face of Napoleon Dynamite. Maybe even the scene where he is taking the self-defense class! LOL!!!!!!
    John Widener

'Understand your limits, but never limit your understanding'.

" I may disapprove of what you say,
    but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
    Voltaire

www.wing-chun.us