Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ATTN: Ross Whats the story behind JF Springer

Skill and Admittance

Quote Originally Posted by brothernumber9
    Springer is a relatively big guy himself with most of his focus over the past few years seeming to be on hakka mantis systems. He's quite vitrolic (sp) at times through his posts and has seemed to make a lot more enemies than friends on various forums throughout the years, but no one has debunked his claims at least in regard to his status "inside the door" in NYC, I think it's Hip SIng Tong or Hop Sing Tong, I don't recall. In the past he didn't seem to be against video taping any of his fights if they ever were to occur.

If it does go down it would be interesting to see the fight, minus any footage of someone getting killed, if that were to so happen.

Knowledge of kung-fu is not a prerequisite for admission into the Hip Sing Tong or the Chinese Freemasons. Both organizations have many, many members who do not practice any kind of kung-fu. They are fraternal organizations with ties to martial arts and are not sanctioning bodies of any martial arts style, lineage or pai.

Mr. Springer should be congratulated for his accomplishments.

Thumbs down

OMFG! I can't believe that ******* said he was better than Wong Fei Hung! The guy is virtually a culture hero! Lam Sai Wing, his student, is still used by a lot of people as the bench mark for how to practice Hung Gar!

Has this man not the slightest shred of modesty?

Humility?
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

To Springers credit, old masters tend to get elevated to godly status. In reality if Springer got in a time machine and went back to fight Wong Fei Hung he might very well win. Who knows? It's similar to Bruce Lee, deluded fans think he could take out the worlds top fighters like Fedor, Crocop, ect. in under a minute. In reality he had mixed results in actual fights. Lost or fought to a draw against Wong Jack Man (different people say different thigns). He got tooled by a judo guy (Gene le bell) during friendly training. He had no takedown defense at all.

I think just about any big guy who knows how to wrestling/box could take out alot of martial arts masters.

Springer is going to lose to me though. So then that will make me the great soke grandmaster of praying mantus kung fu.

Who taught Jacks teacher?

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM
    OMFG! I can't believe that ******* said he was better than Wong Fei Hung! The guy is virtually a culture hero! Lam Sai Wing, his student, is still used by a lot of people as the bench mark for how to practice Hung Gar!

Has this man not the slightest shred of modesty?

Humility?

Ask Mr. Springer who certified him in Hung Gar. The answer is Bill Chung. Now ask who taught Chung his Hung Gar. Jack will never answer that. Chung learned his Hung Gar up in the Chinese Freemasons under the instruction of Gin Foon Mark. The Hung Gar that was taught there was a prerequiste for beginners, and was not complete by any means. It was more for excerise than fighting. Ask Jack for his lineage in Hung Gar. Its a short list.

I beat Mr. Springer already.

After being invited on his show he brought in some white-trash surprise guest who accused me of a bunch of crap. he threw a chair at me but missed. i proceeded to kick the living doo-doo out of the guest ,springer & his bald bodyguard....ah good times!
    Last edited by Badger; 09-12-2005 at 03:43 PM.
    Justice, swift & raw. US Constitutional absolutism, a return to the American Dream based on the 10 Commandments, The Golden Rule, US Constitution & Bill of Rights, zero tolerance for bloodsuckers, criminals and evil.. Peace through superior firepower & tactical might, zero free rides, only the truly needy get jack****, Don't Tread on Me & Remember the Alamo muther****er

any info on the upcoming fight? I can't find much on Bullshido forum

Quote Originally Posted by truewrestler
    any info on the upcoming fight? I can't find much on Bullshido forum
    Supposedly pushed back to the 24th due to Asia's military obligations.

**** you uncle sam
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman