Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any one see "Green Hornet"?

Thumbs up Any one see "Green Hornet"?

green hornet

I was only 5 years old at the time.

My cousin said it is a TV series. There is a Chinese actor. His name is Li Xiao Long. He was born in San Fran.

He moves so fast like a lightening.

Let me know when it starts we will watch together.

You have a bigger screen TV at your home. Yes, we will watch with a bigger TV and see if who "capture" his moves.

---

Green Hornet reruns on Action Channel every Saturday morning from 7am - 8 am.

Thumbs up Horray for the Kato Show!

I've seen it in reruns (plus the hillarious Batman crossover episodes - watching Bruce kick his way around the ring and miraculously NOT beat Batman and Robin to a bloody pulp is always worth a chuckle for the ironically minded) but I wasn't born until 1979 so I missed the original run.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Smile

Yep. Caught them all first run in the '60s.

looking back on them, they are easily as lame, or lamer than the original batmans with adam west.

thankfully they have comic value and you can get a good laugh as whitey the hero orders his asian lacky/driver to do his dirty work for him.

gurg.

I owned the car toy when i was a kid.

Most of the stuff I enjoyed when I was a kid has pretty much no redeeming value to me now with one or two exceptions to that rule. None of these exceptions are in the format of television shows. I'd rather they were a pleasant memory than a current "I can't believe I used to..." kind of thing.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Wink

Television was just plain creepy in the sixties. Talking animals, martians, mechanical devices as parents. Loud fat drunk people that were not funny. The aforementioned rich elitist with their asian houseboys. Yup. Pretty creepy stuff.

I was way too young to understand the plot and the story.

My Chinese and English were limited at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson
    looking back on them, they are easily as lame, or lamer than the original batmans with adam west.

thankfully they have comic value and you can get a good laugh as whitey the hero orders his asian lacky/driver to do his dirty work for him.

Get'em Kato!
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    looking back, lots of those things are still cool. Kato will always be cool. So will T.H.E. Cat, with Robert Loggia (even the music was cool-Lalo Shifrin, the same guy who did the score for Enter the Dragon) Sean Connery as James Bond in Goldfinger will always rule. If I ever win lotto, you will know it because there will be an Aston Martin DB5 parked out in front.

Wow, I had forgotten Thomas Hewitt Edward Cat.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Between T.H.E. Cat and Kato, I had my heros. This is before anyone ever heard of Ninjas. These guys dressed in black,Cat could scale walls, and throw knives, and drop down and land without a sound.
    I don't know if anyone else has seen this, but when I was a kid, there was this Japanese TV series, called "Phantom Agents". These guys jumped over walls, threw stars (which I started making out of soda can tops-hey-I was ten.)
    I wanted to be these guys. Later on in life, I actually ended studying Ninpo Taijutsu.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ
    I was way too young to understand the plot and the story.

My Chinese and English were limited at the time.

SPJ I want to start by saying that absolutely no offense is intended by this whatsoever. But I'm curious, your writing syntax is quite similar to many of my better Chinese ESL students. Yet you are saying that Chinese is not your first language. Do you mean that Pu Tong Hua is not your first language and rather one of the other dialects (Cantonese, etc.) is or is your first language something entirely different?

I know that Cantonese is incredibly dissimilar from Pu Tong in pronounciation while being syntactically nearly identical through the use of a shared (ideogrammatic) alphabet, that could explain this situation... Do I have the wrong end of the stick?
    Simon McNeil

My native lingo is Ming Nan Hua or Taiwanese. However, I grew up in the military and police dorms. So I was exposed to many dialects.

And yes, my writings are Chinglish. They are actually old Chinese poems and literally translated into English most of the time.

OK, mystery solved.

And SPJ: your syntax may mark you as having first learned Chinese literacy but - to be blunt - your ability to write in English is far superior to my ability to write in Chinese. I can barely write a shopping list in Chinese and my greatest feats of literacy are reading menus accurately.

I'm a far cry from translating classical English poems into Chinese....

Hmmm..... Beowulf - the Chinese Translation.... Nawh, I want to do other things with the next 20 years rather than brush up my old english and my Chinese enough to translate from one to the other.
    Simon McNeil