Thread: Tai Chi winner in MMA

Hybrid View

Tai Chi winner in MMA

Someone told me that there was a mixed martial arts competition on TV featuring a bunch of kickboxers and a Tai Chi guy. The kickboxers were making fun of the Tai Chi guy and said that Tai Chi could not be effective. Then it turned out that the Tai Chi guy beat all of them. I don't have any more information on this and asked if my friend could track this down somehow. Perhaps someone on this forum would have some information on this? Hopefully I can track it down if no one else has heard of this. I gather this happened recently? The person who saw this said that the Tai Chi fighter did use the movements and methods from Tai Chi to win. I would find it interesting to watch anyway.

I don't know if this is the guy or not but I found these links:
    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/for...threadid=27623
    http://www.samiberik.com/
    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/for...c/27623-1.html

Ray
    Last edited by YongChun; 09-12-2005 at 03:06 PM.
    Victoria, British Columbia, Wing Chun

i saw a comment on something like that here a couple of months ago...before the server problems. it wasn't MMA but another event that made it to tape. the bouts were from somewhere oversees from North america. it was one of the moderators who commented on it. it was released as an advertisement durring MMa Events in a small (local) market in the early ninties. so that's probably how it got mixed in with the MMA stuff.
    Last edited by YuanZhideDiZhen; 09-12-2005 at 04:10 PM.

Greetings..

Chris Heintzman, student of David Chin, attributes much of his success to Taiji.. Winner in SanShou, LeiTai, Cage.. Chris is an outstanding full-contact fighter and a decent guy.. Master Chin produces consistently good fighters with a solid Taiji background.. it's not all "silk pajamas" and incense..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Quote Originally Posted by TaiChiBob
    it's not all "silk pajamas" and incense...
    No, that's just icing on the cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

I know Sami quite well. Its great that hes in there mixing it.
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

LOL, id never heard of Tai chi being in a MMA contest before and im delighted to see that its ripping up a storm. Maybe this guy can make those muay thai guys shut up a bit about how weak tai chi is.
    -Slade-

UFC 248 Countdown: Zhang vs Joanna

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart