Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Distance Power

Woah man, that was complete and total 0wnag3. Sorry to the person getting 0wn3d, but I can't deny 0wnag3 when I see it!

Anyway if any of you wish to share these in depth with me personally I am deeply interested in what anyone wishes to say, so please Private Message me should you be interested in talking. I'd love to learn this if anybody claims to have leads on how to do this.

Here's a different perspective on the subject of empty force.

http://www.whitewillowtaichi.com/cpage.cfm?cpid=76

Quote Originally Posted by Yamesk
    Woah man, that was complete and total 0wnag3. Sorry to the person getting 0wn3d, but I can't deny 0wnag3 when I see it!
    Woah man, you show complete and total lack of critical thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by YuanZhideDiZhen
    manuals kept by the government of china captured durring the cultural revolution. you won't be able to access them. i only knew of thier existance as a rumor. The government of china made several overtures to me in 1995 for a number of reasons. 8 hours with these texts were part of that overture. as were some of the recipies of Mao's soup che
    f.

Unless they are public record and other people have verified it then your word is no good. Sorry pal. This is a simple lack of intellectual honesty. ANYBODY can make allusions to "secret manuals". For all I know they don't even exist.

Doesn't your signature say "if you something is 'closed door' ask your sifu before you let it loose to the forum"? I see an inconsistency here.

Psssssst...I read a manual in Afghanistan about whirling dervishes that destroy mountains with chi, but it was shortly before the Taliban ransacked the museums so their destroyed, with no trace of them remaining...

See, I can talk about "secrets" your not privy to as well!

and yeah, to a traditional american it would sound like nonsense, hokipoki and rubbish. but i'm not interested in your opinion, edjucated or not. i don't think you've ever read a chinese martial arts fantasy novel. rather you have quoted someone who was harassing Zhong Gau for a similar albeit erronious reason. we are talking about ontology here.
    Nice attempt to steer the conversation towards me. The onus is on you, to raise evidence do back up your wild claims. Not for me to defend my ethnicity or background, or whether I've read a martial fiction before.

By the way, I've got no idea who Zhong Gau is??

but i'm not interested in your opinion, edjucated or not
    Good, good. If you are on a public forum be prepared to defend your claims with EVIDENCE. Hinting at secret texts that may or may not exist, doesn't count pal.

so go find yourself a sucker and spend some time doing some cursory reseach before you butt in next time, will you?
    Oh, the irony!
    Last edited by _William_; 09-20-2005 at 05:06 PM.

A minor demonstration under constrolled condition

When I was studying acupuncture at the Australian Medical Acupuncture College (AMAC), the lecture was explaining how to locate an ear point by checking the pulse; so I was the subject, middle of a room at the Royal North Shore Hospital, monitored by half a dozen medical doctors checking my pulse, heart-beat etc. When the lecturer moved her needle over the specific point WITHOUT touching my ear or any other part of my body, all the doctors registered a heart-beat skip.... This phenomenon is fully repeatable and reproducable. I was not cooporating in anyway.

Although the effect is small, and the distance is close, it does demonstrate that the body can be affected through distant manipulation, easily. To what degree, I don't know.

Cheers,
    John
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

_William_ , apologies. I didn't mean to offend you with the "l33t talk," I thought it'd make you laugh actually.

Anyway I respect both skeptical opinions and believer's opinions alike. I want to hear all sides of the story. Because if I were to train and it all be a lie the training is for naught. (Believer's downfall) and if I were to dismiss it completely, I would never get the chance to achieve it (Skeptic's downfall.)

As you can see this is why I wish to hear both sides of the story. This is the only way once can see who is truely correct. And we may never know until technology advances enough to prove or disprove it.

Anyway if any of you wish to share these in depth with me personally I am deeply interested in what anyone wishes to say, so please Private Message me should you be interested in talking. I'd love to learn this if anybody claims to have leads on how to do this.
    this really requires the experiences of several teachers. no one teacher can get you correct in this kind of art. do not try this on your own. the way the qi columnates in your da tien can have critical affects on you and even kill you if done improperly. people without a good foundation in qi qong often bleed to death trying this principle of power. people with a history of vascular disease or other cardio vascular problems should never try this gong. diabetics also.

I'm just going to butt in real quick and say,

"That video clip was cool!"

I don't care if it was real or not, it was impressive and the people who were there certainly seemed impressed, too. Thanks for sharing.

As for the "distance" stuff, I have no personal experience with. Of course I've heard many stories sharing similarities but I haven't seen such a thing, yet. I agree with others mostly here in saying:

I think anything is possible if you are intent and focused.

Why of course there are imposters/frauds out there. Those type of people are in all walks of life. One interesting thought, to me anyway, is that if someone had "honed" themselves to a degree like that, why would they ever feel the need to prove it? Surely this would the product of years of spiritual development with countless hours of diligent work involved. So why would they exploit/reveal something that is so personal, all in the sake of proving that discipline and dedication to something has rewards?

LOL. Then again it is very late, and maybe I'm rambling.

All Apologies if I Offended Anyone,
    Warren

Greetings..

One interesting thought, to me anyway, is that if someone had "honed" themselves to a degree like that, why would they ever feel the need to prove it?
    I suppose that is a matter of perspective.. where one sees it as "proof", another may present it as guidance.. a demonstration of human potential. With all the speculation, both pro and con, it would be admirable if someone could step up to the plate and settle the disputes. There's no need to expose "secret training methods", just provide undeniable evidence that stands up to real scientific scrutiny.. Then, we could adjust our goals accordingly, rather than train in a vacuum of evidence with the hope that it is authentic.. We would be faced with finding those secretive "masters" that "have it", then convincing them we are worthy of having it, too..

I could add much in personal anecdotal accounts, but that isn't an undeniable demonstration.. my personal experience is sufficient for my own understanding of the usefulness of this path, yet.. i am also humbled at the training and discipline needed to achieve such lofty goals..

Some would suggest that "faith" is necessary to follow this path, that we need to believe the stories and ignore the frauds and lack of concrete evidence.. that sounds very much like religion and we know what maddness that inspires.. So, i deal with the science (physics) and the personal evidence i have experienced, which leads me to pursue some level of proficiency in use of energy as a tool for enhancing my MA and my life..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Quote Originally Posted by YuanZhideDiZhen
    this really requires the experiences of several teachers. no one teacher can get you correct in this kind of art. do not try this on your own. the way the qi columnates in your da tien can have critical affects on you and even kill you if done improperly. people without a good foundation in qi qong often bleed to death trying this principle of power. people with a history of vascular disease or other cardio vascular problems should never try this gong. diabetics also.

Yuan,

Where are you citing these references from? What books or journals?

Just stating that people bleed when they improperly perform a certain qi gong is rather a silly thing to say without such notation.

Your reference to the dan tian and the way qi columnates doesnt make any sense. Again where did you see this referred?

Dale

P.S. I PMed you. Im waiting for a response. Thanks.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by _William_
    Unless they are public record and other people have verified it then your word is no good. Sorry pal. This is a simple lack of intellectual honesty. ANYBODY can make allusions to "secret manuals". For all I know they don't even exist.
    they are a matter of public record. if you know thier title's you can request copies from the chinese consulate in washington d.c. for a short term loan. be prepared to have a houseguest or two while you examine the text. as far as you are concernerned they don't exist. there are several copies of these manuals in d.c. china town but they are not available to americans. perhaps if your sifu was chinese or viet...

the nature of the manuals is not that they are "secret manuals" everybody in the towns where they existed knew of thier existance. it's only the american martial art marketing that has you convinced anything of this nature should be considered secret. they are as the aquired learning of a region of china before the qing dynasty. the state of china considers them like encylopedias or medical manuals or folk traditions.

so before you run off blasting someone for your ignorance try doing a little research beyond a simple web search. nothing i talk about here is "Closed Door". most of it is, however, not a part of mainstream martial arts media knowledge as i am a bit more edjucated in chinese culture, political and religious history than most martial artists. gene and a few others here i'll defer to often.
    Last edited by YuanZhideDiZhen; 09-23-2005 at 05:13 PM.

As you can see this is why I wish to hear both sides of the story. This is the only way once can see who is truely correct. And we may never know until technology advances enough to prove or disprove it.
    try not to get caught up in william's noise. the fundamental reality which trolls like william espouse is that "chi cannot be real because it does not follow the rules of physics." this is erronius because they themselves do not know or understand the rules of physics.

everyhting about you can be described as a wave under the wave mechanical paradigm. everything about you that has a rhythum can be described mathematically under this set of rules. even your nervous system follows the wave mechanical principle. as your body is merely a wave mechanical conduit why can't you project energy from your body? the very concept is hogwash according to people like william. under thier kind of understanding radio and tv could not function. they are signals carried by waves transmitted from physical hardware to physical hardware both designed to transmit and recieve the signals. yet they function on the kind of physics they don't understand and hence cannot recognise elsewhere in nature.

Good, good. If you are on a public forum be prepared to defend your claims with EVIDENCE. Hinting at secret texts that may or may not exist, doesn't count pal.
    Oh, the irony!
    you will need a text book in basic physics, calculus, differential equations, heat transfer/thermodynamics and electromagnetics. i don't think GeneChing want's me to tie up his server with all this when you can go get it from the average public library in the United States, Canada, Australia, or Europe.

OH, the irony!

they are a matter of public record. if you know thier title's you can request copies from the chinese consulate in washington d.c. for a short term loan. be prepared to have a houseguest or two while you examine the text. as far as you are concernerned they don't exist. there are several copies of these manuals in d.c. china town but they are not available to americans. perhaps if your sifu was chinese or viet...
    If you would post the titles, this would be appreciated.

try not to get caught up in william's noise. the fundamental reality which trolls like william espouse is that "chi cannot be real because it does not follow the rules of physics." this is erronius because they themselves do not know or understand the rules of physics.
    why can't you project energy from your body? the very concept is hogwash according to people like william.
    Good God.

You know that this is the basis of a straw man argument?

Don't you even try to put words in my mouth. Readers can go back to my previous posts to see that I said nothing of the above.

I will post more later.
    Last edited by _William_; 09-23-2005 at 04:32 PM.

william: welcome to my ignore list.

You know that this is the basis of a straw man argument?
    I will post more later.
    i will not give you the titles. you have not shown enough understanding of culturally relavant ettiquite.

do not post more until you have a minor in physics and have taken somekind of bio-electronics hardware class for nurses. or read one of thier manuals in medical tech. you are projecting energy every moment of every day. you even project it without your active control. it can be monitored. get over your ignorance. i will not help you further.

you would probably get further if you asked questions in a considerate manner rather than tell edjucated people they don't know what they're talking about.

regaurding your comment about my assumption: why else would you be trolling here?

now, you're on my ignmore list.
    Last edited by YuanZhideDiZhen; 09-23-2005 at 10:28 PM.