Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Distance Power

Exclamation Distance Power

Hello, good people of Kung Fu Magazine Forums. You may call me Yamesk. I have been interested in the Martial Arts all my life. From childhood I grew up watching the famous Bruce Lee and his many action films and ever since I've been hooked.

It wasn't until just recently I started taking Shotokan Karate. Of course I realise Shotokan has its limits and I don't plan to just take this one particular style. Recently, I've been reading up on Tai Chi meditation and came across a particularly interesting power you can develope called "Ling Kong Jing."

I encountered this first online and was very skeptical. But after picking up "Tai Chi Classics by Waysun Liao," I read a description of different types of powers that are used and achieved in Tai Chi.

The description reads that Ling Kong Jing means "Distance Power." Literally, you can transfer power and defend yourself against your opponent without even coming into contact with them.

I recently also have seen video clips of various feats Yogis have performed such as pyrokinesis (like catching paper on fire with pure Ki energy alone.)

I am extremely interested in this subject now as even scientists have acknowledged these things have been performed and I would appreciate any or all informations you can provide. Thank you very much and may your training benefit you.

Greetings..

The concept of "distance power" intrigues me.. but, in over 30 years in MA i have yet to experience it.. i have seen demonstrations between teacher/student but when i ask the teacher to "show me" they refused because it was "too dangerous"... i am willing to accept the risk to have the direct experience.. Now, i have experienced quite profound energies through direct contact, healings, FaJing, and straightforward power from almost negligible contact, but contact none-the-less.. As a amateur student of physics i concede that there are no restrictions from the quantum field theory that would prohibit "distance power", simply no tangible evidence in my own experience.. I think we have evolved enough to grasp the notion conceptually, but not enough to manifest it at any usable level.. if it were evolved to that level we would see "distance contact" matches rather than full-contact matches.. if there were people so well trained and disciplined, human nature would have revealed them by now.. not just anecdotes, but someone would step up and "prove" it.. I continue to train in what has been shown to me to be effective and attainable.. still, though, i keep an interested eye on the possibility that someone will step up and raise the bar.. i do not dismiss the possibility and occasionally i seek out claimants to see if they "have it".. i follow certain QiGong disciplines because i can experience noticable benefits, not always the claimed benefits, though..

Anyway, just some thoughts.. Be well..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

(if there were people so well trained and disciplined, human nature would have revealed them by now.. not just anecdotes, but someone would step up and "prove" it.)

the point for some of the people that can do this is that they are tiered of proving it, the first person they must prove it to is themselves. Do you or any one else feel that what they do is fooling themselves because you have not felt or experienced it?

Weather one is touched or not the way and manor in which it works is the same, this seems to be missed by many. As for testing on others not the students.

I know of no teacher that would test or show something that could potently injure a person just to prove a point they have already established for themselves..

It is interesting to note that all the demos of people who have this skill tend to look the same. I can relate to them because I have felt this first hand. What I often find confusing is how people can believe, experience and practice some things such as qi gong or TCM and then dismiss the deeper aspects or implications of it.
    enjoy life

(if it were evolved to that level we would see "distance contact" matches rather than full-contact matches)

really? So the level of anything is determined by how much exposer it gets. There are accounts by people who have come in contact with it but but remain silent because of the profound differences relitive to the experience of others, it becomes an issue of prove it instead of one of open inquiry.

Yamesk,

If you are truly interested may I suggest that you seek out some TCM or body work people who work with energy type of modalities, and see what you feel.
    enjoy life

I do thank you for the information. However, I'd like to show this video clip of a man named "John Chang." Those without cable it may take some time to load. If nobody here has heard of, or achieved Distance Power, then what about the power displayed in this video?

http://j.b5z.net/i/u/2098198/f/JOHN_CHANG.mov

Any thoughts? Maybe he is merely extraordinarily talented.

Common reactions.

Seek some one into energy work or into TCM you may experience the same things.
    Why or what is it that your looking for and expect?
    enjoy life

I have been wanting to learn Tai Chi Chuan (the combat art, not that health and fitness crap) because after hearing about chi and experiencing it a bit myself after doing a few basic Tai Chi forms I saw on a video, I've been eager to learn how to apply Jing in a life-threatening situation.

As for the pyrokinesis and any Distance Powers, I'd wish to achieve these not for combat purpose actually. I'd see no need to actually use Distance Power when you can use the thousands of physical techniques. In fact I'd probably not use it at all, I just would think it would be a nice goal to work for to keep my interest in training.

And yes, I'll seek out an instructor. I realise that with anything like this it would take a highly experienced Sifu/Sensei to teach you how.

Greetings..

Yamesk: Have you ever watched "Star Wars".. cool stuff there, too..

All i'm saying is that i have humbly asked, even begged, to see this type of experience in person from those making similar claims with similar "footage", they simply can't seem to offer any direct experience, to me at least.. My requests are sincere and without challenge, i really want to have this level of experience.. i have personally trained diligently in various QiGong sets for more than 10 years.. i have great respect for the internal power cultivated and refined by such work.. but, i still lack the direct experience of "distance power".. i do note that contact is used in the demonstration.. and i have had similar exchanges of energy through contact, but.. i eagerly await the evidence of "distance power"..

Be well..

If legitimate masters claim that they can do this, and it really CAN be done, then I suppose I can see why they would not wish to display such a power. Think about it; if it was proven, not only would people learn and train it, they would abuse it. Even though by claims I've heard it takes a long time to develope, some people are evil enough to go as far as going through all the disciplines just so they can achieve something for a twisted purpose.

By the way while I'm throwing links around here, I have two final links to show you all. One's a skeptical outlook on Ling Kong Jing, and the other is an actual article explaining how to achieve it.

I'd like to hear more of what you all have to say about this. I'm certain there must be someone out there that's achieved this.

Training Article:
    http://www.universal-tao.com/article/empty.html#top

Skeptic Article:
    http://www.uechi-ryu.com/oldsite/an_empty_force.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Yamesk
    If legitimate masters claim that they can do this, and it really CAN be done, then I suppose I can see why they would not wish to display such a power. Think about it; if it was proven, not only would people learn and train it, they would abuse it. Even though by claims I've heard it takes a long time to develope, some people are evil enough to go as far as going through all the disciplines just so they can achieve something for a twisted purpose.
    I'm sorry, but that is a cop-out speaking volumes of the untruth to the matter.
    I can feel the energy, that can be taught. As for people using it for harm, I have to say the potential is there for anything (origami, chop-sticks, hot-wheels, etc., etc..)

Secrets are a way of maintaining false power over others. (Quite proffitable too from what I have observed).

It is one of my fondest wishs to see this done in person. I have felt the energy from others, but as TCB says, just cut the bs & show me. You don't have to teach it to me, I have no real use for such things....just show me its real!
    I want to believe it!!

Thanks for bringing up the subject. Its is for sure an interesting topic of discusion.
    Best wishes,
    ~BTL
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

Yes, it's real. I know the secret training method. Contact me for an address to send your cheques to.

Greetings..

I have witnessed several demonstrations that defied all my reasoning to conclude anything other than it was "distance energy work".. in the mid 1970's an acquaintance invited a select group of people to his home for "an event".. he sent several of out to buy plumber's candles (a box of 3 candles that burn for 2 hours each).. when we returned he had us open the boxes and mix up the candles.. another person chose a candle and set it on a brick in a pan of water and lit it.. Terry then went to the opposite corner of the room and began a very concentrated meditation (so much so that he sweated profusely).. in about 5-6 minutes the candle began to burn very brightly and within another 5-6 minutes had consumed itself completely.. Terry, exhausted, explained he only wanted us to see our potential.. i never saw Terry again, but that left a lasting impression.. like he intended, i have been seeking that potential..

I have seen a "Qi Test" where a small square piece of paper is folded corner to corner and balanced on sewing needle stuck in a base and covered by a glass.. people then took turns trying to move the piece of paper with "Qi".. my mentor watched with an amused smile as we gyrated around the glass and the paper remained motionless.. after some time he walked by, waved his hand near the glass, and the paper rocked noticably.. he chuckled as we stared in amazement, he said we tried too hard, "just do it"..

So, yeah, i know it's real.. i just need to "feel" the energy.. either my own skills or those of other better healers will fix me if i am injured, but.. i am willing to take the risk if someone will "show me".. i seldom cast doubts on footage of someone else demonstrating "Qi", but the vast numbers of proven fakes leads me to trust only that which i can directly experience, or that which has withstood hard scrutiny by reputable observers..

I have no intention of acquiring "power" over others through the use of Qi or "distance power".. it is simply another tool one uses, appropriately, to enhance their experience in this existence.. to consider that knowledge as a means to profit would likely be so contrary to the knowledge itself that it would elude those with such intentions.. it seems that the "knowledge" is dependent on the intentions of the aspirant.. the "just do it" remark could have well ment "loose the desperate grasping", clear the mind's intellectualizing, and let nature do what it naturally does.. i think it is a gift reserved for the worthy, i must simply continue my refinement toward worthiness..

Be well..
    Last edited by TaiChiBob; 09-15-2005 at 04:55 AM.

Distance power?
    I remember watching a documentary about James Randi, aka "The Amazing Randi", if you do not know who he is I recommend a Google search, an interesting fellow!
    Now back in the 70's-early 80's (?) he exposed a "martial arts master" as a complete fraud, this "master" had a similar trick as to what Taichi Bob described. He would place a piece of paper on a pin, cover it with a fish-bowl, wave his arms about and lo and behold the paper would move!!!
    Turned out that the fish bowl made an incomplete seal, as this "master" waved his arms about he would quietly blow towards the table, the moving air would flow under the bowl and presto, the paper would move!
    Does this power exist.... Maybe, but probably not!

Yammy,
    You may call me Buddy...because that's my name. Sheesh. But all these parlor tricks are only that. LKJ and pyrokenisis? C'mon...
    Buddy

I have seen plenty of things in the martial arts that were amazing to me at one time .... I became a student and learned the material and can reproduce the same results against a resisting opponant.

When it comes to no touch knock outs, I have read a lot about it and have seen video and I would love to learn such a thing but never met someone in person who has claimed to have the skill.

I am also somewhat skeptical of this because it's producing a supposed reaction on a distant object without putting any force on it with an action.

I'm not saying it can't be done. And if someone could do it I'd certainly bow to them to learn it.

However, I have met people who have claimed far less, and when aproached to demonstrate it they not only refuse, but turn out to be cowardly men with little to no skill.

I can strike someone. If they deman proof that my hand can touch their body I don't need to strike their throat, the torso will do.

How come none of these guys can invisible touch you in a non-lethal way?

As far as chi I do not believe in it, I know it exists. I feel it now in my day to day life. I cultivate it in my practice and feel it. Better yet, I'm learning to direct it somewhat.