Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Distance Power

Quote Originally Posted by Ou Ji
    Oh, and he had a big fight with Chan Pui and what was it, broke his leg or something? Then later changed it to where Chan Pui beat Ip Man. And that it's common knowledge in China.
    no. that is not what i said. and it was not what others have said. so the fault is your own in misunderstanding the initial statement. since you and clf sean and others from karate forums and dragon's list can't seem to get the facts straight the first, second or third times i certainly will not address it a fourth time. the fact that you either refuse to aqknowledge what was typed or you are just too emotional for this issue and topic indicate to me that you have some kind of mental hang up or dislexia or some other unnatural skewing occuring in your chemistry. either that or you listen to closely to someone like sean stoneheart who has such an imbalance. others whom have reviewed that topic have found the screw up of names rather curious in every accuser who has come along: having been curious enough to check out the actual posts and found the opposite to be true. that the names were clearly posted and that Yip Man and Chan Pui were clearly stated as having been on the same side of the dispute.

actually the statement of yours which i quoted is a classic example of sean stoneheart, aka clf sean's classic misunderstanding and misquoting of the issue when he tries to turn up the heat on someone. last time it was over his misunderstanding of two styles he practiced yet could not describe in a way which made one seem different from the other, yet he could not understand or explain how they were different. "just that they are radically different". several people agreed with me. every couple of weeks sean finds some newbie to troll this through the page. seems like he's made a sucker of you. what are you, a student of his? where is his kwoon?
    Last edited by YuanZhideDiZhen; 09-24-2005 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaiChiBob
    Greetings..

People will rationalize whatever behavior suits them.. if one's nature is conflict, then "flaming" will suit them and rationalization will satisfy their standards and values.. That perspective seem to fit some and not others.. generalizations are the companions of rationalizations, we convince ourselves that others think like we do (or that they should, anyway), so we can fit into our own contrived reality.. if i was interested in "how to pick a fight", i wouldn't need lessons from trolls.. truth usually does the trick..

Be well..
    it was merely something i learned here, in these forums. to most trolls truth doesn't matter. only what you can do to spark a flame. they are like the rabble whom complained about all the mistakes concerning hurricane Katrina but when the thread was started to see what they could contribute to fixing the problem not a constructive thing could be found to be said by any of them.

so i was merely advising the newbie to watch out for webfu. i am a prime example of why youcan't say anything different from anyone else's experiences. or rather from the experiences of the lowest common denominator in american martial arts. my experiance is different. i don't feel i have to back my claims with anything other than my word. imo, if you have to back it with "Proof" then you are trying to gain some status in a community that does not award status in that manner. rather, you are stooping to the level of the fool for the likes of those who are looking for a rowdy good time. part of being here is to survive here. be aware or be something or somewhere else. and don't take anything said here personally. most people's martial arts are basically the same in terms of what they're looking for: intensive cario-arobics with the advantage of learning how to kick someone's a55. I come here looking for helpful information and to give helpful information. if you don't accept it I'm not that worried about it. but if you deliberately switch things around and put words in my mouth to start a fight, or rather to prevent a capitulation from having to be honored, then i will make a certain statement like the one i just made. and at the end of the capitulation's ritual year of cleanliness i will persue other means to bring you (Ou JI) closure over this. perhaps when ouji get the facts of the statement straight he'll understand what a fool he's made of himself.

bob you are correct again. truth is the bane of the troll.
    Last edited by YuanZhideDiZhen; 09-24-2005 at 03:59 PM.

Yuan,

You are so full of poo your eyes are brown.

Like Buddy said.

Call me sometime son.

Would love to see this magic dragon.

You have nothing.

Prove it with action and not posts.

Coward.

Dale Dugas
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Some quotes from YuanZhideDiZhen:
    "i taught six techniques to one of my 7 year old daughters and she crippled a kid several years older than herself."

"i split a man's sternum with a brush knee push."

"i stopped a master's attack in two manuevers."

TCB you'll like these about Chan Pui and Wah Lum:
    "wah lum is the bread-n-butter school of cma without a doubt. many of the forms i perform they do also, they just don't do them the same way."

"I'm pretty sure wah lum is the style of his decendants. and i thought his entire ma experience was with Iyip: he was there for some fourty years....

Iyip's full recipe is not limited to this:
    Mih Men/Mih Hua, Shaoi Jiao, and Fen Shen as the three primaries
    Ji Yaw, Bor Yuan, Tzeuy, Tong Bei, Hong, drunken, and mantis as flavourings
    with a heavy dose of wing chun and choy li fut.

out of which Chan utilized the mantis flavoured combined elements of the above styles with a healthy dose of wing chun."

And speaking more on Wah Lum:
    "they have a handbook?
    i was looking at a page in taiwan. the school is reputedly just one or two generations from Iyip's CLF from before the big fight."

Hmmm, looks to me like he deleted his posts about the big fight. Now he can say anything he wants.

Here's an interesting thread claims

another full of crap mouth boxer.

Claims all types of things, and when you call him on it. He starts to cry out that we are picking on him.

Fahk him and his ignore list. He is a ass clown extraoridnaire.

Thanks Ou Ji for posting all those lovely Yuanisms.

Isnt he great?

Come out come out whereever you are Yuan.

Come visit Buddy and I in Boston sometime soon. We can see if you can dip your hand in boiling oil and survive it.

Firewalking is nothing big time as well. the shell of the coal is very thin, and the water in your body compensates for the heat as you walk down the coal bed. No big secret training involved at all.

Chem 101 text books have it listed as well.

Step up chump. Im waiting in Quincy.

Dale
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

YuanZhideDiZhen
    Why do you consistantly refuse to list any details to support your claim of this 'Big Fight'?

You mention it then tell me to go to these older masters and ask them for the details yet you don't name any places or dates and are not clear as to who fought who. You're a troll and we all know it.

We now return you to your regular topic of discussion. Thank you.

Greetings..

Well.. i trained directly with GM Chan Pui for 12 years.. 1990-2002.. i was fortunate to be included with the "inside students".. there was much discussion about many things and never once did i hear or hear of "Ip Man" or any such fight.. that doesn't mean it didn't happen, only that it never came up in any discussions i was privy to during my tenure at WL.. The handbook makes no mention of CLF or Ip Man.. Regardless of whatever controversy surrounds Chan Pui and the WL system, he is a remarkable martial artist that has developed a huge system of schools and sifus.. his students are consistent winners at tournaments (forms primarily).. i have utmost respect for Chan Pui's CMA accomplishments.. i will only relate that there is much more to Chan Pui than most people know, only a very few of us got to see the stuff legends are made of, he only shows a fraction of his abilities in public.. occasionally, during off-hours at the Temple, we would catch him practicing or doing stuff that required a leap of faith to comprehend.. and, he was in his late 50s or early 60s.. So, i caution people about off-handed remarks or taking poetic license with GM Chan Pui.. it's just bad Karma to distort a well earned reputation..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Greetings..

Well.. i trained directly with GM Chan Pui for 12 years.. 1990-2002.. i was fortunate to be included with the "inside students"..

then you've probably seen the state police video or know something about it.

Regardless of whatever controversy surrounds Chan Pui and the WL system, he is a remarkable martial artist that has developed a huge system of schools and sifus..

indeed, were it not for his marketing and magazine deals cma would still be a quiet whisper.

his students are consistent winners at tournaments (forms primarily).. i have utmost respect for Chan Pui's CMA accomplishments..

we agree that he is excellent for training a firm foundation for students in the CMA.

i will only relate that there is much more to Chan Pui than most people know,

Be well..
    chan was a student of yip for 40 years. adam hsu was yip's first student. adam left before chan arrived and before the clf days. the entire fight thing came about from a basic lack of communication. the situation was resolved on another forum. these people claim thier master would never resolve anything through the web and they won't let their ignorance of these statements pass. every master of a system has a skeleton or three in thier closet. everybody makes mistakes. it's not every day you get to end a long-standing problem. i took some initiative knowing what i know and took it to chan as a resolvable problem. he has apologised in a way we can accept. but his students don't seem to want to accept it. durring the year of cleanliness we have to refrain from discussing the actual terms of disagreement and resolution. his apology becomes permenant at the end of the year if no exchanges of hands occur. that doesn't mean that he can't taunt us through his students. that's all. however, after the year of cleanliness if the taunting continues we have the right to force a trial of wah lum kwoons. we are clf.

bob, i respect a lot of what you say. some i discard because my experience is different.

in stillness,
    Last edited by YuanZhideDiZhen; 09-25-2005 at 01:45 PM.

TCB, consider yourself lucky to have made it to the 'inside' as not many get that far even with that much time into a system.

Maybe you could tell us about the state police video. I forgot about that one. Surely you must know about it.

Yuan, or should I say Yawn, I for one hope the taunting continues because I would love to see this forced trial. Maybe it could occur along with the SF HSK forced trial with the Chan family.

Is that what you're all about? You are Chan family CLF claiming to preside over all CLF, Wah Lum and Wing Chun? Care to add anyone else in there?

But of course you won't be around that long because you'll have reincarnated yourself under a different name after this name gets banned for being a troll and publically slandering respected masters.

Greetings..

YuanZhideDiZhen: I will tell you what i was told by Chan Pui.. His teacher was Lee Kwan Shan, and after Lee's death he continued the Hua Lin (Wah Lum) system with his older kung fu brother, Chan Wan Ching.. I have seen the photos, read the accounts, and held some of the weapons handed down from Lee.. Chan Pui's CLF connection was through Lee Koon Hung, his friend.. not his mentor..

I will simply say that your account is inconsistent with the words and evidence presented by Chan Pui, a man i know personally and trust.. if you have any evidence to support your claims i suggest you post it.. if not, i suggest you refrain from such fanciful notions.. essentially you are implying Chan Pui to be untruthful about his lineage.. Are you prepared to defend such claims with evidence, undeniable evidence? i don't mean "he said/she said", i mean undeniable evidence.. publications, photos, historic accounts, etc...
    i took some initiative knowing what i know and took it to chan as a resolvable problem. he has apologised in a way we can accept.
    Please define "we" with names.. please describe the nature of such an "apology".. Please decribe how you "took it to Chan".. this is a request that i will confirm with Chan Pui, personally.. I do not wish to be mis-informed, if Chan Pui is untruthful i wish to be corrected.. if you are untruthful, there will be consequences.. and, without supporting evidence i have to assume that it is you that is untruthful.. correct me with verifiable evidence, or be vigilant..

Be well..

C'mon mary,
    You wouldn't know gongfu if it bit you bit you on the azz. BTW what kind of wine goes with deep fried hand?
    Bob,
    you have the patience of Job.
    Last edited by Buddy; 09-25-2005 at 02:44 PM.

Greetings..

you have the patience of Job.
    Buddy: LOL, perhaps.. but, as my patience wanes i suspect this person has no clue about the "inside" workings of CMA.. like certain Tiger Claw masters, if you know what i mean..

Be well..

Hello Everyone,

Back to the topic of distance power!

I am reminded of a story I read somewhere many years ago. It involves two friends who were samurai. They were about to embark on their training journeys; an event that many young samurai participated in to hone their skills and learn the methods of other MA’s. They agreed to meet at a specific spot 10 years hence in order to compare their learning. At the appointed time the two met. As they walked along a canal and compared notes, one of the samurai demonstrated to his friend how he had learned, through the use of internal power, to jump long distances by leaping across the canal. The other samurai walked over to the ferry and paid a small pittance to gain access to the other shore. The moral of the story was stated to be, why waste 10 years or more learning special powers when one may gain the same benefits through cheaper and more practical means?

The answer to this is query is merely: because it is interesting or fun to do! That is really all! These abilities do not grant an individual any special status, wisdom or spiritual advancement. They are skills and nothing more! Just like any other skill, they do not require the individual to possess unique maturity, spiritual knowledge, exceptional ethics or superior morals. The claim that these abilities demonstrate human potential is true. But so do many other more mundane actions. As an example: a gymnast performing a double back somersault, a skill which is much easier to learn than distance power! There are many, many other examples of exceptional human abilities that do not acquire any of the attending excessive amazement, honor or devotion to the “Master”.

I know of a MA style that is available to nearly anyone. It is not dependent upon ones age, wisdom, spiritual ability, education, status, intellectual ability or physical condition! It will allow a 6 year old to defeat any 250# well trained warrior! This force can defeat ANYONE, whether they have magical powers or not! It takes less practice than MA training, is significantly cheaper than learning most MA’s and is almost 100% effective with proper training in its application along with some rudimentary training in tactics. To train in this style one does not need to prove themselves worthy to a questionable “Master”, demonstrate their maturity, or prove advanced spirituality (whatever that is?).

What is this style?

Greetings..

Buddy: LOL, perhaps.. but, as my patience wanes i suspect this person has no clue about the "inside" workings of CMA.. like certain Tiger Claw masters, if you know what i mean..

Be well..
    you mean the negotiations and decisions being made by people you've never heard of? like now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ou Ji
    You're a troll and we all know it.
    hello pot. i'm kettle.