Thread: Re-Building Fitness

Question Re-Building Fitness

I am looking to re-build my fitness level, by I only have limited time periods during the day to work with. Currently I take an hour walk at around 7:00am every morning, and swim during the day twice a week.

However, I am starting a new work schedule soon which will only allow me morning and afternoons in which to train. My new location has given me access to a local gym that has an amply sized swimming pool and weights area. I am not too good with weights upper body wise, and so this is also something Id like to develop.

My plan is as such:

- Swim 7:00AM - 8:00AM every morning.
    - Weight Training 2:00AM - 2:45AM every other day.

I have also altered my diet recently (last few months) so as to take the following out of my diet completely: nicotene, alcohol, sugar (refined), white bread/pasta/rice and red meat. I am aware that attempting the above regime may leave me very tired given that Ive been out of training so long. Has anyone advice on nutrition that may help?

Thanks.

You're going to want those carbs, man! Keep the rice, pasta, and add any white fish. Not catfish but anything else is great for it's high protein value. Chicken is also good. Don't forget about vegetables. Pick one for each color, red-yellow-green-orange, and add those to your dinner plate. Other than that, just keep to it.

I personally like to run alot, I do usually 20 min runs every day or every other day usually 6 miles in 20 - 21 mins now days. but that keeps my arobic fitness up, I also do Cardio kung fu at my Kwoon which is like an hour which is a fair work out for the whole body, I also weight lift few times a week.

Also eat well and Suplement. currently im taking creatine monohyrate, weight gainer, whey protien isolate for after workouts, and glutamine which will get your endurance up.
    -Slade-

Thank you to both of you for your responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Willow Palm
    You're going to want those carbs, man! Keep the rice, pasta, and add any white fish.
    I have only cut out the white variations of rice, pasta and bread - have switched over to the wholemeal alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade
    Also eat well and Suplement. currently im taking creatine monohyrate, weight gainer, whey protien isolate for after workouts, and glutamine which will get your endurance up.
    Not too fond of the idea of supplements, seems somewhat un-natural, but thank you for the suggestions.

Chirs,

If you want to become more fit and have limited time, then I would ask you to think more about fitness/health and create the time to be more fit. Your mental state is everything when you manifest something in your life. May I ask you some questions so I can better help you?

What is your fitness and health background?

What are your short term or long terms goals?

How is your diet?

Do you have any unhealthy habits?

How many hours do you sleep?

Your hour walk and swiming is a good start. Since you have a local gym which you can start doing some basic strength, cardio, and flexibility training. For strength training you can start a basic weight training circuit 1 sets of 8-15 reps to muscular failure. For Cardio, you can do 20 mins of interval training on any cardio machine. For flexibility you can start doing some PNF streches at home or at work. I would encourage you to get a certified personal trainer who is not a meat head to help you understand how to get started.

Yours in CST,
    Bao
    PS: You may want to check out these two sites:
    www.crossfit.com great workouts
    www.trainforstrength.com Coach Scapper's bodyweight program is a good start for you.
    Last edited by FooFighter; 09-15-2005 at 06:55 AM.
    Bao Tran, Certified CST Coach
    www.cstwarrior.typepad.com
    Your Success is our Success