Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Other Forums?

Other Forums?

S@ck. Other than KFM and Empty Flower are there any other good CMA forums?

Cyberkwoon is annoying. Dragonslist is populated by pimply 12 year-olds who think they are tough.

KFM has always been fun, but there as been little spirited or informative discusion compared to what there used to be... But is this ALL that there is?

Help. I'm having an existential crisis here.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySlap Too
    Other than KFM and Empty Flower are there any other good CMA forums?
    Computation error. Illogical. Bzzt whir. 001110101

I really like the Southern Fist Online Kung Fu Community Forums.

What is the URL?
    --- Napoleon

"You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySlap Too
    What is the URL?
    I did not post the URL, because I was not sure if posting a link to another MA forum was allowed. Having just said that, it is Southern Fist Online Kung Fu Community .

RFB

The only other ones I post on are Empty Flower (occasionally) and Cyberkwoon. I prefer KFM.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Not CMA but e-budo is good.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Yes, the Southern Fist one IS good.

I thought e-budo was shut down?
    --- Napoleon

Southernfist is OK, but some of them are really up their own azzez. You can get some hardcore interlineage flammage if you're not careful.
    You can always try mine, it's a little quiet, and more than half the people are from my association, but it's generally friendly (I've only received one challenge from there, with address and phone number no less) and people are interested in talking about Fu, rather than wether Royce would choke you out.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

i go to martial arts planet sometimes.

they have a chat, which is really cool when your bored.

but i only have a couple hundred posts there.

KFM is the best one there is IMO
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

It is always a question of give and take.

Most readers of forums are looking for some info to advance their knowledge.

Some are just being social to know who is who.

Some are promoting his or her school or website.

Some are into heated discussions.

Some --

For all the Mantis players....

Check out www.mantisquarterly.com and go to the forum section. Some great info there.

well there's always ....bullshido.

CK I like because it is the only forum where I've arranged to meet up with other guys to exchange...and they actually show up...and exchange! Holy mergatroids!
    I have a few 'actual' live in the flesh friends I've made with the boyz at CK. Ok there's girls there too, but you know how it is with girls and martial arts.

KFM aka This place of course is good. A lot of us have been here since before the magazine took it over and Gene started lording himself over us and being all "put that down" and "that's not yours leave it alone" and "turn out the lights and flush" and all that.

Southern Fist is ok. There is a lot of analytics going on about moves within forms and some stuff that is very specific and esoteric, but nevertheless the focus is kungfu, there's no trolls to mention and lineage squabbles aside (which aren't that common since the joint Hung family statement was issued) it's a kungfu site through and through.

Dragonslist sent me two videos and a t-shirt once for being the month long grandpoobah of their Q&A. I like to surf it now and again. most of the people doing martial arts are kids, what do you expect? At least DL is an ok environment for that.

EF is fun. the OT and BTDT forums can be quite hilarious. The trolls only enter the serious forum and try to goad everyone into a fight. I try to stay and watch, but you all know how slow a tai chi beating can eb, and I usually break for lunch before it's over.

Other than these, I don't really check out other forums. 5 is enough anyway. Probably too much. lol. ah well, small minds think alike and all that.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

the only other tma board I post on is karateforums. It's decent, but far more strict than we are. Even though most people loved my posts, I managed to get banned. I still post there, but sevenstar does not...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter